Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30

Author Topic: Paranormal 19.5 - Game Over!  (Read 65827 times)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 19.5 - Day 3 - Claws beat Charisma
« Reply #390 on: July 20, 2011, 02:24:04 pm »

Irony:  I had a sudden nasty feeling from LNCP, and I wanted to check his motives before I returned focus to you.  He passed the check, so I've moved on.  You have a point with the timing, but that does nothing to improve your position.

<quote>

You're right- it is circumstantial.  Saying I have nothing to back it up is laughable, though- you keep treating my points like they exist in a vacuum.  It's not a case against you, but with the other points, it becomes enough evidence for me.

See, this is fine on its own, but the wording in your previous post very clearly implies something else:

I was questioning the motives of everyone's night choices to see if their stated motives were in line with their actions prior to today.  LNCP, in particular, because he could have been attempting to drive a mislynch on you.  His answers were satisfactory enough to convince me you killed Jim.  You forgot "Irony was at the crime scene" in your evidence list against you.  I hadn't driven that point hard because I wanted to be confident in LNCP's claim- I now am.
(Italicised for emphasis)

I might not be as sharp as you, but even I know that I haven't done any of that convincing. This also suggests you were at the tipping point on Irony's case - not so, because it seems you've had your eye on him already. Not just that, but as stated, the evidence is indeed circumstantial - not something one would expect you to take as the final straw.

I've got something else too, but I just wanted to post this first.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 20, 2011, 03:03:45 pm »

Yeah, that's clear as mud.  I had gotten the thought that you may have been attempting to fakeclaim in order to get Irony mislynched, but questioning you gave me no further reason to distrust your claim.  The only stumbling block against Irony removed, I could now be fully confident in voting him.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 20, 2011, 04:05:44 pm »

Jokerman, I really don't want to yell at you in order to get you out here, but not showing for Lylo is completely and utterly unacceptable.

This is getting past the point of asking politely and hoping you come do something.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 20, 2011, 04:18:26 pm »

Since it's LYLO, his activity was appaling for the entire game and he's been away for 36hrs, I'd say he's ripe for a poke.

Modface, could we have a poke on Jokerman?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 20, 2011, 04:22:21 pm »

No time to post for real, but the quick version is:

Toaster: Having multiple points doesn't justify them being weak or worthless individually. The fact that you don't bother to assemble them into any sort of larger picture, yet continue to defend them with "well I've got other stuff too," speak volumes about your motives.

And unvote because I'm not sure about his claim, and we need scum that dies today.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 20, 2011, 05:13:38 pm »

Toaster is my top scumpick right now, followed closely by Think0028.

I'm sure I'll get yelled at for saying this, but it appears to me that Think is slipping through without scrutiny. Sure, it looks like I'm doing it too, but he's posting simple accusations with little to no followup. In addition, his roleclaim is the easiest one to falsify.

Unless the scumteam has Irony and LNCP - which would mean LNCP is somewhat bussing Irony with his claim - then LNCP is telling the truth. I have no outstanding reason to disbelieve Irony's claim either; Dariush would have said he was lying if that was the case.

That leaves Think and Toaster as the two hardest roleclaims to prove. Vector can't be lying about her role, since Think was blocked. Irony and LNCP are easier to believe than you two.

Vector: No, they're honestly still being obtuse jackasses. They're convinced that I'm scum and refuse to give me any information, ignoring the fact that if I was scum then at this point I wouldn't have even bothered to ask for their knowledge - because at this point it can only help town. If we lose the game, then I'm sure they'll feel appropriately moronic.

Irony: If you're not going to vote Toaster, what will you do? It's the last day of LyLo.

I have to go to work now. Hopefully, town is going to wise up in the end. I won't be here for the end of the day, so good luck guys.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 20, 2011, 05:39:04 pm »

Irony: If you're not going to vote Toaster, what will you do? It's the last day of LyLo.
I guess I'm going to lynch Jokerman. I really didn't want to lynch you for not showing up, which is kind of what the game seemed to be heading towards, but you're not really giving me much reason not to. The fact that your analysis is almost entirely a (somewhat flawed) examination of which roleclaims would be easiest to fake seems to confirm to me that you're not really trying. It's also odd coming from a mute medium, but that doesn't bother me as much.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 20, 2011, 06:43:33 pm »

I'd vote, but it's useless at this point in the game.

Toaster is my top scumpick right now, followed closely by Think0028.

I'm sure I'll get yelled at for saying this, but it appears to me that Think is slipping through without scrutiny. Sure, it looks like I'm doing it too, but he's posting simple accusations with little to no followup. In addition, his roleclaim is the easiest one to falsify.

Unless the scumteam has Irony and LNCP - which would mean LNCP is somewhat bussing Irony with his claim - then LNCP is telling the truth. I have no outstanding reason to disbelieve Irony's claim either; Dariush would have said he was lying if that was the case.

That leaves Think and Toaster as the two hardest roleclaims to prove. Vector can't be lying about her role, since Think was blocked. Irony and LNCP are easier to believe than you two.

Vector: No, they're honestly still being obtuse jackasses. They're convinced that I'm scum and refuse to give me any information, ignoring the fact that if I was scum then at this point I wouldn't have even bothered to ask for their knowledge - because at this point it can only help town. If we lose the game, then I'm sure they'll feel appropriately moronic.

I have to go to work now. Hopefully, town is going to wise up in the end. I won't be here for the end of the day, so good luck guys.

So, in the end, you've got two suspects: Toaster and Think, both for an unprovable claim and the latter for activelurking. Both points are from D3.

My, haven't you worked hard for this case. If you've been closely following this, I sure can't see it.

So, in conclusion: Go hang.

Ah, woops. My suspicions are on him for doing a fat load of nothing D1, and then his accuastion to Jim which rings extremely hollow to me. Also, his attitude to me suggests that he was extremely concerned with making sure everyone knew that he was 'extremely careful' with his vote, so he had a justification for doing jack shit D1 and the vast majority of D2. It feels like most of his time went towards building up his reputation rather than towards finding out answers.

"Lurking D1", a vague accusation with no example or reasoning, some more vague quasi-meta stuff to make the whole enterprise sound legit, and then an accusation that goes against everything you said earlier.

Think about it (hurr hurr): This is a guy that, according to you, loudly lurked off D1, bounced off a few weak cases and lurked some more to make himself seem "careful". Hardly the track record of a person working hard to keep up appearances, don't you think?

Welp. I was really hoping Jokerman would post by the time I got back on tonight, as I read his post as suggesting he was going to post again soon. But nope! No such luck! He continues to not be here, so I continue to believe he is scum.

And that's the point at which you try to push your other suspects, instead of sitting there like a passive ass.

As for my secondary suspects, I'd have to say LNCP and Irony are my secondary suspects.

Irony: I still find your D1 actions very suspicious. Your lack of actions, to be specific. You rode an RV on someone who hadn't posted yet all the way to day end, doing your best to dodge suspicion. D2, as has been pointed out already, you rode the flow of popular opinion heavily. Finally, your opening today disregards your previous scumpicks with no mention as to why. Your answer to Toaster is definitely unsatisfying to me. Why did you decide that Vector was now your highest priority target? Beyond just wanting to get information out of her, why did you pick her for your vote, and why hasn't your vote changed?

"Lurking D1" (again), sheeping, and new scumpicks (what?).

See, these reasons would be much better if you had some examples to give with them. But that'd be too much work, so you just hope they'll sound passable enough to not research and vague enough not to call out on.

Both of your secondary suspects have also retorted. But you don't care about that, right?

No. Why would you?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 20, 2011, 07:12:27 pm »

The Whiteboard
IronyOwl: Toaster
Jokerman-EXE: IronyOwl, Think0028, Vector
Toaster: Jokerman-EXE

IronyOwl grabs ahold of Jokerman's arm. "Time to die, scumbag."

"Damn you, bastards. I hate you all!"

"I'm sure you do." says Irony with a grin. With a quick motion he grabs Jokerman's head and snaps his neck with a twist of his hands. The Medium's body collapses to the floor.

As he turns to look at the rest of you his features change. You can see his eyes and nose vanishing into his face as his teeth lengthen into sharp points.

Gasping in horror, lordnincompoop tries to flee, only to collapse in pain. Think, his claws dripping blood, slashes down again and again. Soon the Intelligence Scientist's soul follows that of Joker's.

Snarling in rage as Toaster's holographic Body Double vanishes beneath her claws, she points a finger at Dariush. You, Survivor, you stay where you are. You may be of use to us yet. Whimpering, the hapless Alien simply sags to the floor.

"Think, head out after Toaster. He won't get far in the snow, but we can't risk him escaping."

Surveying the room, the doppelgangers nod to one another. It'll take a bit to explain this, but they should be able to make their way into the rest of this world now. Soon they will have even richer hunting grounds!

Game over!

Dead Chat: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/r9ZHmdgv7nk
Dopp Chat: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/X47qaByvFxmsU

I'll post the Night actions tomorrow or later tonight. I need to run for now.

I hope everyone enjoyed it!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 19.5 - Game Over!
« Reply #399 on: July 20, 2011, 07:14:23 pm »

Good game all, and a big thanks to Vector and IronyOwl for being great scumbuddies.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 20, 2011, 07:16:12 pm »

Damn it. Damn you.

Good game, but I really would have liked longer Days. The deadlines were driving me insane.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 20, 2011, 07:17:12 pm »

Well I had Vector and Irony down, but didn't pick Joker as town.
Also, protip: When somebody slips and says 'When I flip scum', that makes for a really good scumtell! If they are an introvert. Extroverts are more concerned with other peoples status, thus are more likely to slip and say what they think somebody else is.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 20, 2011, 07:18:30 pm »

My apologies for all the lurking, everyone =/

It's a bad habit, and I'm workin' on it.

Also, many congratulations to Think0028, IronyOwl, and Dariush.

Also, protip: When somebody slips and says 'When I flip scum', that makes for a really good scumtell! If they are an introvert. Extroverts are more concerned with other peoples status, thus are more likely to slip and say what they think somebody else is.

You need to work on your posting skills.  That was an inexcusable slip.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 20, 2011, 07:21:08 pm »

Good job scum, I had no suspicions of any of you besides Vector but that was post-death I think.  I'm not gonna be a dick and try to sound cool like "I KNEW ALL THE SCUM" because I really didn't and I sucked bad, oh well.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 20, 2011, 07:22:49 pm »

Just no. I agree with Vector - that was damning, not matter how you twist or turn it.

Always remember that the Preview button is your friend.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30