Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30

Author Topic: Paranormal 19.5 - Game Over!  (Read 66519 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 19.5 - Game Over!
« Reply #405 on: July 20, 2011, 07:24:44 pm »

Yeah, I dunno.  Seems that the dead folks tend to catch me and the living folks catch the rest of the team =/

I don't even know.  I really didn't play as well this game as I would have liked to.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 20, 2011, 07:26:12 pm »

I probably should have mentioned watching out for an 11th hour vote change.  Oh well- with the Dariush factor we had pretty much zero chance.

I had it down mentally as Irony/Joker/Vector, mostly because I was willing to buy Think's claim for the day at least and I was 99% sure that Irony and LNCP were opposite alignment, making Vector scum by process of elimination- I can't read her.

Good game, though- was enjoyable.

Max, to your credit, I tended to buy that you were being an awesome SS- a faked slip like that would be legendary.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 20, 2011, 07:27:16 pm »

Someday I really really want to play a jester role. Because it'd be so fun!
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 20, 2011, 07:27:54 pm »

Sort of wish I was a SS, or joker, or something like that now. I think I could do well.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 20, 2011, 07:28:09 pm »

Not as fun as you'd expect (if you're me, I suppose).

And go work on that LurkerTracker, you. >:I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 20, 2011, 07:28:17 pm »

For what it's worth, we were too paranoid to contact Dariush.

Good to hear that I'm still at least somewhat unreadable >_>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 20, 2011, 07:29:33 pm »

Not as fun as you'd expect (if you're me, I suppose).

And go work on that LurkerTracker, you. >:I

Yes, yes, I'll get on that this weekend. Work's been hectic, and I haven't exactly felt like doing MORE web development.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 20, 2011, 07:31:01 pm »

>__>
<__<
VOTE VECTOR!
*Runs*

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 20, 2011, 07:35:12 pm »

I've always wondered if it'd work to fakeclaim survivor as town at LYLO to try to bait out a scum.  Probably not, but as long as the possibility keeps the dopps on their toes...

It sucks for town, but Dariush made the completely correct play.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 20, 2011, 07:36:20 pm »

Also, you suck for not killing me.

CE scientist sucks for town- unless you're 99% sure you know someone is scum (MC ray), it's not very helpful.  It'd be a bit of a LYLO breaker the other way, though- MC someone right before LYLO and use that as an extra vote.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 20, 2011, 07:37:30 pm »

I think I was a spore spreader the first game it was introduced.  Don't remember how that played out.  Third-party almost never win unless they're a survivor or some such.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 20, 2011, 07:44:03 pm »

Quote from: Pandar
OH.
MY.
GOD.
PEOPLE.

JUST KILL MAX WHITE FOR EATING ME ALREADY.
I love this so much.

Also thought the goings-on of deadchat were pretty fascinating- it sounded pretty plausible to me that the dead would all assume Joker was scum, but I wasn't expecting fairly valid reasons specific to the netherworld. Explaining to everyone else precisely why they wouldn't say anything, or puppeting the "they say I'm scum" bits, probably would have helped his credibility.

Also, for the curious, Vector was the only one of us not fakeclaiming. I was an Intelligence Scientist with a Surveillance System and a free Mind Shield, while Think was simply a Tough Doppleganger with a free Tech Field.

CE scientist sucks for town- unless you're 99% sure you know someone is scum (MC ray), it's not very helpful.  It'd be a bit of a LYLO breaker the other way, though- MC someone right before LYLO and use that as an extra vote.
All the good town roles got themselves lynched. :-\
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 20, 2011, 07:45:15 pm »

And being a Tough Doppleganger was soooooooooo useful for scum. I mean, look at all the roles with night-kills!

</sarcasm>

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 20, 2011, 07:47:01 pm »

Well, conspiring to do nothing against a medium who was town in the end was fun, I guess.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 20, 2011, 07:49:27 pm »

And being a Tough Doppleganger was soooooooooo useful for scum. I mean, look at all the roles with night-kills!

</sarcasm>

Well, three scum in eleven players is a favorable count to scum, so it's fair that one of you was essentially vanilla.  The tech field could have helped if I had try to MC ray you.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30