Other Projects > Other Games

Running with Rifles - Steam release!

<< < (11/17) > >>

Ozyton:

--- Quote from: hemmingjay on July 19, 2011, 08:36:50 am ---i like the game but wish there was a map to look at.

--- End quote ---
Tab

hemmingjay:
lol, thanks. somehow i missed that

Ozyton:
There was an update today

Spoiler: update (click to show/hide)And here are the changes, more or less:
- prone key added, usable for any weapon
- firing behind wall works now for assault rifles in similar way as machine gun, i.e., if shot while crouching, the soldier automatically stands up if it's required to stand up to shoot over wall -- with assault weapons, you can also move near the wall
- fixed facing direction bugs with crouching against wall
- carrķed weapon types are now saved
- increased probability to get an m240 or mp5sd from crates, also on respawn
- fixed a bug with saving if dead
- fixed a "virtualize character" crash when respawning -- there's hoping that's the last one, but let me know if you still get these crashes!
- bullet billboards are now properly removed
- weapon specifications are now public -- weapon type amount is not dynamic though, must be 4
- dynamic ambient occlusion, initial coarse version
- AI accuracy options
- shooting off-target now has random height, helps in shooting soldiers behind target both standing and in prone
- added small decorative rocks near big rocks
- added a few soldier max count options -- more accurate control will be provided as soon as the slider UI control gets simplemented
- added some new building textures, affecting Hospital
- added building texture and color controlling from objects.svg
- killed soldiers drop 50% of their grenades on ground now, which are collectable
- victory over the last base is declared only after the base center and its surroundings have been wiped from any enemies
- reduced max amount of grenades on carry to 4
- added walls and boxes around Hotel
- added security fence sounds
- added map observation mode for map modders: launch it by giving parameter "map" on command line, e.g. "rwr_game.exe map" (ASDW to move around, left shift for faster movement)
- changed team names to Green and Grey
- made the fake ground ao effect on tree trunks bigger

Issues:
- ambient occlusion effect produces artifacts on ground occasionally
- turn off post processing and/or shadows if you experience low framerates
- ambient occlusion will work only if your graphics card has shader model 2.0 support
- corpses are again more jumpy than before, changes made in character implementation for online support must have affected that

Ozyton:
Apparently there's multiplayer now, however you have to actually pre-order the game before you're allowed to play online. You can still get the free version, but multiplayer will be disabled.

Spoiler: changelog (click to show/hide)Change log for 0.4:
- enabled online mode
- added no-ai soldier count for PvP
- EDIT: PvP works with chain captures - only the base where the attack target is shown in the map can be captured
- added savegame delete functionality
- lowered AI range of sight slightly
- reduced probability to get killed by a far-away shot bullet
- reduced variance of defender count in bases slightly
- increased total amount of defenders slightly
- added more spawn points
- enabled road lines again
- fixed loading screen crash when pressing Esc or Tab
- added player and team stats view (with network info), use Delete key
- fixed bugs with AI detecting suppressed incoming fire
- fixed a location bug with spawning
- initial spawning location more random now
- sounds behind the camera are now muffled
- added Mansion base
- added rendering technique for terrain for graphics cards without shader support
- fixed resolution-dependent bug with chat/radio bubbles
- added support for umlaut letters for chatting, ä, ö and the like, let me know if it works funny for your keyboard layout
- added ability to take screenshots, use your Print screen key
- added save game info
- added birches
- when leader has his back against wall, AI soldiers now prepare for the enemy in opposite direction of leader's facing
- AI soldier crouch move following improved
- added a new command line parameter "safemode", which disables post processing shader completely
- redesigned West trench
- added possibility to control tree trunk texture in objects.svg

Gabeux:
My father used to play Cannon Fodder when I was 1 or 2 years old.
Then, someday I asked him to show me some Amiga games in an emulator, he showed this one, and I felt nostalgia. And I was just 16, lol.

Anyways, this looks nice, I will download the free version..and if it's really awesome I'd totally buy it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version