Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: The First Corrosion Community Adventure!  (Read 15355 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The First Corrosion Community Adventure!
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2011, 04:29:01 pm »

I remember he started out with only a wooden (or was it copper?) crossbow and an army knife. Both stolen from a store in the start town.
Copper. And the theft was fluff. As was the ownership of the horse.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 04:38:02 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2011, 05:12:21 pm »

What do you have right now IT?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2011, 06:37:50 pm »

BTW, what did you make out of the cougar?

Got his skin and some meat, the ability to make things is slightly lacking at the moment. I can make leather goods and bone needles. Cut trees and make bullets but that's it really. I'll add onto it later.

I didn't see where you got the gun. Was it from the quest?

We don't actually have a gun yet, we have a crossbow, but I used the machete more in the last few chapters.

Does this mean that those light crossbows lined up for the next release can't be duel wielded?

At the moment dual wielding is bugged, technically I shouldn't be dual wielding with the crossbow :P

Anyhoo, I would vote for A, as Infected villages seem disappointing in my experience. Zombies can't even talk, so getting quests from them is a challenge...And the ones Iv'e been in aren't hostile.

They're at war with the Privation civ in my world. So they should attack me, and if they don't that can be remedied with a few key strokes.

What do you have right now IT?

Nothing has really changed from the last post, didn't get a single round off with my crossbow, but I did drop the bronze knife for a Crucible Steel Machete!

+<<Bronze Crossbow>>+ (equipped)
150 bolts (quiver)
Bronze Army Knife (equipped) Crucible Steel Machete (equipped)
Copper Chop Axe
Copper Screwdriver

As for armor
Shear Steel Helmet (equipped)
*Crucible Steel Low Boot* (x2)(equipped)
+<<Sheep Leather Leggings>>+ (equipped)
Cat Leather Armor (equipped)

(For the record, 1.0.8 is out! Click here for DFFD download)

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2011, 10:45:12 pm »

Go to the zombies and try to find some better armor. If you do, take a few days to practice armor usage.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2011, 12:20:07 am »

B forevuh!

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 04, 2011, 10:04:10 pm »

Wow that was a long update, sorry for the late release. Don't worry, this update won't disappoint.

BTW we have a nickname! Urist Pureheart Stoked Exhalation of Bewildering

Chapter VII
Trigger Finger

Urist came to yet another cave, should be a quick job, weeks had passed since his first night creature. Probably a month, he seriously considered going home, but threw the idea out. Three people just don't disappear. Then again, zombies were everywhere, people disappeared all the time.

Urist rubbed his eyes as he snuck in and drew his machete, the travel was short, but he was already drowsy from it. Living like a king has really spoiled him.

It was dark in this one, normally they dig near to the surface, this one was in the side of a mound. The moment he walked in he saw two red eyes dart at him.

The thing was clearly emaciated, as it attempted to scratch him further with it's three talons. Planting his foot and delivering a mighty grunt, he delivered a single blow that split the beast in two.

The thing's upper half hit the wall with a surprisingly satisfying splat. Amazingly the thing struggled further, monstrosities no better then the zombies. Finally, the screeching died and the beast's red eyes went out like a burnt candle.

Wiping his blade in the clay soil, Urist flipped out a map and crossed off a single cave. The nearest town was only a few hours away, hopefully he could get there by noon, then continue south for another few miles to the next cave. Jeez it was in Enlightened Territory. Everything had to be prim and proper with them, sighing he began his long walk.

-----

It was afternoon, the silver clouds were not letting any sunlight through today. He walked up to one of the poorly defended wooden shacks and sighed. Putting his hand against the door, he straightened his back. Then he noticed several deep scratches where his hand was, drawing his hand away he dragged his finger across one.

They were here.

He kicked open the door, machete drawn.

His face went pale, these weren't regular scrawns. If Urist was to hold up his machete he might be able to reach the nose of one of these beasts. These Mutated monsters took up as much room as a horse, and they were a lot smarter then they're weaker counterparts, these two already had simple metal tools. With their crude weapons drawn, they lunged at Urist.

He delivered a strong hit to the monsters upper body, it didn't even lash out in pain both of the behemoths took two clumsy slashes.

He dodged himself by the other beast, and Urist slashed it in the hand. Again, the beast didn't even cry out in pain.

However one thing was for certain, they roared in anger, the more Urist dodged the more he had to struggle to keep out of their arm's range.

Even with his superior weapon though, one hit to the neck didn't sever it's head. He hacked away at the beasts body, his machete slashes would wedge in and he would struggle to pull them out, the skin on the beasts would heal to fast! He backed out of the house, continuing to slash and hack and slash, most of the time only hitting air.

Finally, he raised his machete above his head, and brought it down on the thing's arm, it's arm dropped to the ground, and wriggled slightly before dying out.

Blood splattered on his face as he delivered another slash. While he swung the machete, a third beast came out of nowhere and tackled Urist. He fell to the ground, delivering another slash. He held up his hand to defend from the oncoming beast, suddenly he felt pain sweep through his body. The thing bit him. With one mighty rip his finger went flying.

Urist stood up, clenching his hand he ran behind a tree and hurriedly wrapped a cloth around it. Rolling behind a boulder he began sneaking away under the long grass and underbrush. The beast looked around, he glanced down at the pile of blood. It was a sad thing really, were these things still human? Or were they changed completely. Did it give a thought when an iron bolt whizzed across the crass and struck the beast in the throat?

The beast clenched it's throat, perhaps more of a spasm then as an actual thought, he hit the tree and slid down, snapping off several branches, as it's eyes slowly faded, Urist stood up and stared the beast until it coughed and died.

Urist rolled behind a boulder, peering at the other Infected scum, readying his crossbow he delivered as many shots as he could, as fast as he could at the beast. Twenty-seven bolts hit it, and finally, as it tried to limp away one went through it's thick skull.

Taking a long sigh, he sat against the ground, fog began to creep in as he wrapped his hand in a snippet from his shirt. These things would pay, was the only thought that swept through his mind. His rage built up, he could feel it slowly filling his body. Standing up, he went to another nearby house, an Infected had somehow wandered out, darting out of the grass, Urist delivered one fell swoop and it's head carried off into the fog.

One more house was nearby, he walked up to it, without stopping he kicked the door so hard splinters flew, the beast whirled around, and with teeth bared was quickly ended.

stats for 7

:::QUESTIONS:::

A. More zombies!
B. Night creatures!
C. Other? Should we disappear into the caverns again? Should we become a bandit?
D. Orrr.... gather as many peasants as we can and raid the zombies.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 11:07:18 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 04, 2011, 10:48:43 pm »

Holy carp this guy is nigh invincible. Just a lost upper part of a finger?

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2011, 11:09:31 pm »

Yeah it's almost scary, he's better then most of my demigods, yet no savescum and only a lost finger. Don't know how he's going to fire the crossbow, best not to dwell on that. Additionally, he doesn't use a shield, he dual wields a machete and a crossbow, shields are very powerful so I am amazed he made it this far. Wonder if he can get to 100 notable kills?

confirmed

Some people will join us, so my idea is we recruit as many peasant warlords/enlightened as we can and raid every infected town we can find.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 11:14:23 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 04, 2011, 11:19:38 pm »

Yeah it's almost scary, he's better then most of my demigods, yet no savescum and only a lost finger. Don't know how he's going to fire the crossbow, best not to dwell on that. Additionally, he doesn't use a shield, he dual wields a machete and a crossbow, shields are very powerful so I am amazed he made it this far. Wonder if he can get to 100 notable kills?

confirmed

Some people will join us, so my idea is we recruit as many peasant warlords/enlightened as we can and raid every infected town we can find.

I second to that.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2011, 11:21:45 pm »

If you get a rifleman name him Conan (if its possible in adventure mode)

Also, try to get two riflemen total and be a rifleman yourself. Arm yourselves with rifles and get some hats and call yourselves the three musketeers.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 05, 2011, 12:08:17 am »

confirmed

I second to that.

thirded.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 05, 2011, 04:50:08 am »

confirmed

I second to that.

thirded.

Fourteth. Wipe the scourge from the planet!
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 05, 2011, 05:56:32 am »

deleted
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:28:29 pm by Jimlad11 »
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 05, 2011, 08:03:47 am »

confirmed

I second to that.

thirded.

Hunt down the Zeds!
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 05, 2011, 12:07:14 pm »

confirmed

I second to that.

thirded.

Hunt down the Zeds!
Wipe out these abomonations!
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9