Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: The First Corrosion Community Adventure!  (Read 15354 times)

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The First Corrosion Community Adventure!
« Reply #90 on: July 05, 2011, 12:47:21 pm »

Holy carp this guy is nigh invincible. Just a lost upper part of a finger?
Yeah it's almost scary, he's better then most of my demigods, yet no savescum and only a lost finger. Don't know how he's going to fire the crossbow, best not to dwell on that. Additionally, he doesn't use a shield, he dual wields a machete and a crossbow, shields are very powerful so I am amazed he made it this far. Wonder if he can get to 100 notable kills?

confirmed

Some people will join us, so my idea is we recruit as many peasant warlords/enlightened as we can and raid every infected town we can find.

I second to that.

thirded.

Fourteth. Wipe the scourge from the planet!

Hunt down the Zeds!
Wipe out these abomonations!
Purge the enlightened!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 05, 2011, 07:18:16 pm »

1. Recruit any trained soldiers you find.
2. Recruit some peasants.
3. Hunt zombies.
4. Sell stuff the casualties had, except for any weapons/armor you want to keep.
5. Repeat steps 1 & 2.
6. Hunt night creatures.
7. Repeat steps 4 & 5.
8. Locate a cave.
9. Drop off spare gear and coins at the entrance.
10. Wander around in the caverns.
11. If When you die, post the save.
12. Start a succession game based on finding Urist's Treasure.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 05, 2011, 09:02:59 pm »

Never going to happen at this rate.

Also, did anyone see my riflemen suggestion?

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 06, 2011, 11:53:44 am »

1. Recruit any trained soldiers you find.
2. Recruit some peasants.
3. Hunt zombies.
4. Sell stuff the casualties had, except for any weapons/armor you want to keep.
5. Repeat steps 1 & 2.
6. Hunt night creatures.
7. Repeat steps 4 & 5.
8. Locate a cave.
9. Drop off spare gear and coins at the entrance.
10. Wander around in the caverns.
12. Start a succession game based on finding Urist's Treasure.
13. profit.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 07, 2011, 03:23:57 pm »

Chapter VIII
The Lords of War

“Aye you should be fine.” the doctor said looking at the patched up hand “You’re lucky they only took your finger.” He paused putting away his tools “Jack fixed up your crossbow, should make it easier to fire for you.” He held out the modified crossbow, it’s trigger had been stretched to reach the middle finger. An awkward setup, but it will have to do.

Urist frequently complained about the enlightened, but if there was one thing they were good at, it was doctors. Didn’t matter if you were half-eaten by a gorilla they would still be able to patch you up.

Alas he couldn’t stay to long, that night creature wasn’t going to kill itself. That would be to convenient.

-----

Two hours later he reached the creatures home, a clay mound with a single wooden door.

Pulling out his machete Urist ventured inside

The cave was cramped, but sure enough the creature was found hunkered over a cauldron, stirring an assortment of insects into the brew. Urist readied his crossbow, and just as the creature lifted the ladle up to his lips.

Even Crippled, Urist loaded the crossbow like a champ and fired again. Again hitting the creature in it’s massive right wing. The beast turned around, and as another bolt flashed across the room and hit him in his hand he called out

Urist unloaded three more shots, two hitting the right wing, one hitting the left. Hopefully he wouldn’t be flying anywhere today. Jumping out of hiding Urist jabbed his remaining finger, machete high above his head and yelled “I am Urist Pureheart! Slayer of the Night!” and with one mighty slash, bisected the incoming fiend

Wiping the blood on the grass, Urist began his long journey back to the Warlords.

-----

Urist stood in the small room. Idly sitting by smoking a cigar, he told the group what happened to the town that the Infected took over. And now, he was going to tell them about the plan.

“Gentlemen.” he paused “We need to recapture that town.”

Two of the people muttered to each other “From the mutated?” someone shouted “Are you mad!?”

For a moment, Urist considered saying yes “Those things, won’t stop until we are all dead.” He stood up, and drew out his machete “And I won’t wait to see that happen.” Everyone stood still, unsure of what to say “I need guards!” Urist shouted “Where is the nearest fort?”

One of the warlords sighed “It was overrun long ago, you won’t find anything but badgers in there.”

Everyone looked at Urist, surely his train would have stopped there “No.” Urist stated harshly “I will not stop, I will not stand by and watch my town get torn apart by these things. You might not be trained soldiers. But we have known each other long enough. I say, we show those things why they call us the lords of war.”

The room went into an uproar “But we have no weapons! No training! Nothing but kitchen knives!”

“Many a men have fallen to those deadly tools, aim for the eyes. And you have a hunter in this town. Both of which are pretty adept at the crossbow if I hear correctly.” Everyone glanced at Conan, he stood at the back of the room, he was a tall, sturdy man, and his copper crossbow looked like a dagger compared to his broad body

“Conan.” Urist said holding out his arm “Will you join me?”

Spitting out a toothpick that was in his mouth, he took one look at Urist “I don’t care if your crazy, mad, insane, heck, you could be a criminal. I don’t care.” He took out his crossbow “But I’m tired of hunting for squirrels. Let’s go.”

By morning, Urist and Conan amassed an army, they had nothing better then a few knives and forks. Each one is only a civilian. Yet each one stands ready to face the horde. Which one will you be?

6 spots are currently open (one is Conan)

As stated their weapons are only civilian weapons. If you want to be hummied as one of the soldiers, say so and I will assign you to a random human.

SIX
REMAINING
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 12:48:33 am by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 07, 2011, 03:36:22 pm »

deleted
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:28:58 pm by Jimlad11 »
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 07, 2011, 03:56:45 pm »

I'll take a slot. Name him G please.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 07, 2011, 07:37:30 pm »

Humidify  8)

Before attacking the zombies though try to find more decent weapons for your comrades. We don't want half of us being useless in battle!

Also, don't forget, the three musketeers. It must happen.

On a side note, where did you find the six guys? They just come upon you?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 07, 2011, 08:22:13 pm »

Humify. Name: Drake.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 07, 2011, 08:44:17 pm »

Humie me as Jacen.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 08, 2011, 05:50:31 am »

humie me as Doc. make him use a knife.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2011, 06:03:54 am »

Damn, I got to it late D:

I call dibs on a soldier in the next army you amass. Y'know, after this one is inevitably slaughtered.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 08, 2011, 07:31:03 am »

Humie me for the next soldier please, preferably male.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2011, 01:17:32 pm »

Jimlad
G
Drake
Jacen
Doc
thatkid
Conan

have all been hummified  NRDL will be hummified as my next partner.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2011, 01:09:58 pm »

So what do we plan to do? First get armor/weapons/etc. or just go fight immediately?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9