Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: The First Corrosion Community Adventure!  (Read 15260 times)

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: The First Corrosion Community Adventure!
« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2011, 08:37:40 pm »

So what do we plan to do? First get armor/weapons/etc. or just go fight immediately?

Unfortunately we cannot buy or equip our followers. However I did the next best thing. I modded all the civilian tools to be actual weapons. Here's who has what.

"Jimlad" Homestactics : Bronze Makeshift Spear / Cruicible Steel Hammer
"G" Dreamsmiths : Copper Hammer
"Drake" Sharktangles : Iron Machete / Bronze Hammer
"Jacen" Rosekings : Copper Machete
"Doc" Sanctumshovels: Shear Steel Makeshift Spear / Copper Hammer
"Thatkid" Sprungtwigs : Shear Steel Machete
"Conan" Strifedates: Copper Crossbow / Cupronickel Bolts [40]

Oddly most of you guys have two weapons. Should be extremely interesting :D

I must apologize for the long delay though, I'm searching for a city big enough for us to attack. I think there's one out west.

:::QUESTION:::

Should we just jump right into the battle? Or do you guys want to train up against some night creatures/wildlife first?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 08:39:27 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2011, 08:47:42 pm »

deleted
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:30:36 pm by Jimlad11 »
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

Quarynn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2011, 09:03:22 pm »

Some random peasants sure do need some training
Ancient Steam-Bot, with 1,000,000 horse power

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2011, 09:22:42 pm »

Train. We want to first initiate ourselves as Warriors by bathing in the blood of a wild sacrificial animal.

A machete and a hammer...interesting...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 10, 2011, 01:00:30 am »

Why can't you buy anything? Travel to the nearest non-infected town and trade there?

Either way our modded equip looks nice. Get some training by owning a few more night beasts. Together.

God with six guys we can do anything! Especially with our invincible leader.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 10, 2011, 08:37:43 am »

Why can't you buy anything? Travel to the nearest non-infected town and trade there?

We can buy things, but I can't equip them to my followers. Or I'd give you guys leather armor made from lions.

Train it is!

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 14, 2011, 01:00:29 am »

Chapter IX
Morning has Come

Urist decided to jump right into testing. He needed to train these boys up if he wanted them to stand against the Infected. So off he went to challenge yet another winged beast.

It was far, but he did not have to worry about nightly attacks with his fellow companions around. So he set forth. After a long day of travel, drowsiness creeped in, his eyes grew heavy, but he laid them upon the mangled wooden hatch. Eagerly, his troop followed behind.

“So what are we hunin’ today?” Jimlad yelled “Wolves? Fish? Maybe an elephant?”

They all looked at Urist with bloodlust “Something... Exotic.” Was all he said as he ducked under the hatch, these new soldiers should have an easy time dispatching a simple night creature. After all, he had no problems with it.

He took one step in, then stopped. He gazed around the corner. This cave was different, the smell, oh the smell hit him like a sack of nine-irons. What was that putrid putrid smell? Have the Infected wandered down here? With all their rotten bodies and mangled flesh?

Urist almost tripped over the fiend, it took a swipe at him and shrilled something fierce. As G rushed around the corner and struck him with his hammer. Urist took a number of strikes, most of them missing as it jumped away and hoped on the wall. But he managed to land a clumsy one on the beasts hand. Tearing the fat as ‘G’ delivered another strike to the beast

Thatkid, Conan, and Doc were now in the fey, all of them stabbing and striking the beast. Doc managed to strike the beast in the stomach with his spear. But it continued to jump around like some demon on sugar bombs.

Finally, after another stab the beast fell on the ground, but it’s possessed body continued to slash and cry out. Urist slashed the beast in it’s arm, and tugged violently, however he could not free nor twist the machete and resorted to bashing the creature with his crossbow.

Finally, stepping back, Urist shot one arrow into the creature’s shoulder. The thing recoiled, and was lunged upon by everyone, as Urist reloaded, the creature shrilled as it’s last remaining ounces of blood dripped from it’s dry husk.

With just a bruise on his hand, Urist stepped towards the center of the cave. Recoiling at what he saw on the ground.

These monsters had butchered a zombie, and the half eaten heart was enough proof to expose them for what they were.

Urist ventured down the small passage way to the south. Then he heard a voice.

“We meet again Urist.” it boomed Urist looked ahead, a tall figure emerged, glowing red eyes, steel gray skin. Muscular and tall. It hovered over Urist. It’s fangs in a crooked smile.

“Who…” Urist stuttered “Who are you?”

The creature lunged forth with surprising speed “I am the one from your nightmares Urist. You have killed to many of my brothers. Now, you are next.”

Urist switched his weapons, putting his machete into his mangled right hand. Conan fired a bolt, and it whizzed past the agile beast as it scuttled down the hallway.

It continued running, as it reached Urist it shoved itself against his breast “You look tired Urist.” He muttered “Perhaps you should take a nap.”

Urist’s hand opened, his machete hit the ground with a chatter. Blood rushed out of the searing wound. Pain, such a familiar feeling all of the sudden. Without thinking, Urist reached back, drew a bolt. The creature laughed, knowing it could get off eight strikes by the time Urist landed one. But Urist threw the bolt, at an amazing velocity, it tore into the creature’s flesh. It took revenge, by stabbing Urist in the foot, piercing his boot.

Urist dropped his bow, and lifted the machete off the ground as the creature laughed and pulled out the bolt. Just as it’s gigantic fist swooshed through the air, Doc nailed the creature. It tripped, but punched Doc in the foot so hard, a loud snap could be heard throughout the hallway

Urist took a slash, but the creature jumped away, again, delivering a painful blow to Doc. He shouted out as his left foot drained blood. His foot was pinned to the ground, he tried to move it, but only made it worse as the creature laughed hoarsely and bashed him to the ground.

“Now Urist, I believe it’s time to say. Goodbye.” The creature reeled back and it’s wings flung out

Urist glanced at doc, who laid on the ground gasping for a painless breath “Yes…” Urist said looking down “Say ‘hi’ to hell for me.” The creature’s eyes widened as it’s body was separated.

“Cohort!” Someone exclaimed down the hallway “You killed the Cohort!”

Urist raised his blade “And your next.” he said as blood trickled down his arm

The third creature lunged. It didn’t stand a chance though, it was pushed down the hallway, and as it kicked Jimlad in the foot, he yelled out in a fury understood by no man. He flailed his spear about like a madman, hitting the creature with the dull end, yet still managing to open a bleeding wound.

The creature was pushed in the corner and was beat to death with blunt ends and sharp ends. Drake finally cut the beast in half, learning well from Urist’s technique. Sheathing his blade, Urist walked up to Doc. Conan was kneeling beside him, helping him up. He could walk, but with a bad limp on both feet.

Blood covered the cavern walls. Urist looked down at his hand, it had a nasty looking hole in it. The blade had gone all the way through. But that was the last thing on his mind. Doc was hurt, badly, he was passing in and out of pain. He needed to get out of here.

Jimlad was having trouble breathing, he got punched in the chest, and it bruised his lung.

A shadow covered them as they toiled away to set up camp.

-----

No questions now, I'm going to hunt zombies next. Doc might not make it, we'll see, he's Faint and in and out of consciousness. As stated, Jimlad has a bruised lung, and I have a cut foot and can't hold anything in my right hand.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 14, 2011, 02:00:55 am »

too bad about the Doc. well, he had his extremely long scalpel handy, that is for sure  :P.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2011, 02:43:38 am »

If anyone dies, can i be the replacement? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2011, 05:15:51 am »

deleted
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:31:57 pm by Jimlad11 »
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 16, 2011, 02:24:34 am »

Wanting to know, is G still alive? Does he have any injuries?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Videonfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Now you know why you should fear the night
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 16, 2011, 02:33:46 pm »

Is it possible to add phoebus or ironhand graphics?they make the graphics easier for my eyes :/
You just can't trust allies

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 16, 2011, 04:59:16 pm »

Wanting to know, is G still alive? Does he have any injuries?

Your right upper arm is bruised.

Is it possible to add phoebus or ironhand graphics?they make the graphics easier for my eyes :/

May I ask what in particular annoys you? I made these graphics myself, so changing them may be beneficial to other users.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Videonfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Now you know why you should fear the night
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 16, 2011, 11:37:47 pm »

now that i have seen the mod their good.The whole graphic scheme of the original dwarf fortress hurts my eyes very much(i have phoebus graphics)
You just can't trust allies

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 17, 2011, 11:48:23 am »

I like mayday graphics for their easy-to-identify nature.

Also, if you can't equip your followers, what happens when I run out of bolts? And apparently the fifth (is it?) time's the charm for our trusty leader.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9