Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Mavi Lacecinula Birimathe  (Read 26156 times)

ImBocaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALL_WORK] [NO_PLAY] [IS_DULL_BOY]
    • View Profile
Re: Mavi Lacecinula Birimathe
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2011, 04:19:18 pm »

I get the image of this guy being a sort of mid-Victorian era hunter, and this is just like a safari trip for him.

Someone. Draw this. I don't even care who.

Edit: By which I mean, dressed like a safari hunter, with his hat, elephant gun, and whatever other stereotypical accoutrements you feel are necessary. Perhaps a jeep.
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling fish woman]

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is average nowadays...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2011, 04:27:04 pm »

I get the image of this guy being a sort of mid-Victorian era hunter, and this is just like a safari trip for him.

Edit: By which I mean, dressed like a safari hunter, with his hat, elephant gun, and whatever other stereotypical accoutrements you feel are necessary. Perhaps a jeep.

I now see him as TF2's sniper: "Aye mate, theres a couple 'o' elfs up in the tree, BOOM HEADSPEAR."
Then they fall out of the tree, do some sort of distress call while running in circles with their hands up.
Quote from: SmileyMan
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2011, 07:59:36 pm »

When does the jarate fly?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

ImBocaire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2011, 08:02:26 pm »

When Toady implements waste.

Syrup Roast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2011, 06:22:46 am »

I now see him as TF2's sniper: "Aye mate, theres a couple 'o' elfs up in the tree, BOOM HEADSPEAR."
Then they fall out of the tree, do some sort of distress call while running in circles with their hands up.
Really? Because I was thinking more of Van Pelt from Jumanji.
My answer to just about everything is magma. In fact, most threads end up with me running in screaming it 

ImBocaire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2011, 11:18:02 am »

Yeah, that's the one I had in mind.

Jing0000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2011, 04:57:31 pm »

Time's like this I wish I could put the dark fortress and such back into the game. So many times I see an epic figure in legends that I can't fight :(.  as for Mavi, WE need to get an artist on this! :O

FingO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2011, 09:57:04 am »

Also, raws.  It's a custom world with one cavern layer and shallow magma. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now thats strange. If I use these raws, I got a slightly different world where Mavi does not kill anybody but pretends from 139 onwards to be a manifestation of Sath Gutspit the Gutters of Stench (a deity of the Entangled Kingdoms). In the following years he creates the "position of lord as a matter of course" (wtf). That he kept doing up until 396 when Sad Parchetbranded the Spark of Heat, a dragon, burned him up. This dragon, however, was killed by Mina Rosybook (an elf) in the spotted dunes after seven hundred eigthy six notable and five hundred two other kills.

I work with v0.31.25 on a mac thus one suggestion is that the pseudo-random number generator is different. Can someone verify that?
"In Plaguemoments I slew a human over a week." - Em Kisstorments, administrator

"Can Kutsmob Pimplehate save the world?" was a legendary bone-bound book. The written portion consists of a 30 page essay entitled "Can Kutsmob Pimplehate save the world? authored by Kutsmob Pimplehate. It concerns the giving up on being a fishery worker of the goblin necromancer Kutsmob Pimplehate in Bristleseductions in 29. The writing has its moments of cleverness.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2011, 11:41:43 am »

it should be but i might be lets do this for !!SCIENCE!!
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2011, 02:09:09 pm »

Usually i'm too lazy to draw anything, but I'm doing it. The tortured souls of 30k elves urged me to act, even if I suck at drawing animals, and the face is getting really awful. Also, should I post the drawing somewhere else?
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

FingO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2011, 05:02:03 pm »

it should be but i might be lets do this for !!SCIENCE!!

Ok, if let the history evolve under windows (as a virtual machine) Mavi is the killing freak we all love. Obviously the random number generator is different. It would be interesting, though to specify this difference.
"In Plaguemoments I slew a human over a week." - Em Kisstorments, administrator

"Can Kutsmob Pimplehate save the world?" was a legendary bone-bound book. The written portion consists of a 30 page essay entitled "Can Kutsmob Pimplehate save the world? authored by Kutsmob Pimplehate. It concerns the giving up on being a fishery worker of the goblin necromancer Kutsmob Pimplehate in Bristleseductions in 29. The writing has its moments of cleverness.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]