Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Mavi Lacecinula Birimathe  (Read 26147 times)

orrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mavi Lacecinula Birimathe
« on: June 23, 2011, 02:10:46 am »

In a fortress I just began recently, I noticed that the goblins were lead by a demon; a grey devil precisely.  No big deal, right? It happens a lot in world gen.  Anyway, I decide to check out the guy in legends on a whim.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Looks pretty normal; but then I noticed there's more list to scroll through. A lot more.

Yes, that is 7,000 dead elves.

His conflict with the elves had lasted two wars.  The first was quick and brutal.

It only lasted a single battle, and elves actually won it, despite the horrendous and embarrassing casualties they suffered.

However.

10 years later, in 209, Mavi lead the goblins again in the Barbarous War, this time against a different civilization.  When worldgen stopped in 350, the war was still ongoing - so far 141 battles and subsequent pillaging had occurred, usually ending in the elves being mutilated, devoured, or stuck on spikes.

In the roughly 150 years he was at war with the Elves, beginning in 199, his kills totaled 7354 elves, 60 grizzlies, and 47 pandas.  Entirely elves and their entourage; no stray dwarves or humans, or even livestock. Whats more, is the entirety of the second war was waged in the same city; Contestcloistered.

Only then did I remember, while scrolling through the thousands of elf impalings and devourings, that Contestcloistered was my mountainhome, and the Square Stake was the civilization I had embarked as. 

A lot of legends sleuthing later, I worked out most of the details.  The last dwarf king, Cog Cavevalley, had died in 177, and wasn't replaced until 210, a year after Mavi's first assault. He was replaced by a pair of elves, who I won't bother naming, because they were killed off in short order by Mavi the next autumn.  From looking at older battles, I noticed that elves were slowly replacing dwarves in the civilization since the year 109, when Contestcloistered was reclaimed after a series of unfortunate wars.  By 177, the dwarves were nearly extinct, and Cog's death to a female twilight horror was the last recorded event at Contestcloistered until 209.  In 349, the year of my embark, the population of my civilization was exactly 538 elves.

I also noticed something I had overlooked earlier, while scrolling through Mavi's kills.  All of the duels recorded there were against the Elf Kings of my civilization, which they would inevitably lose and be promptly replaced by two fresh elves.  And the attacks occured like clockwork, every autumn.

While it's probably some weird recursive bug with world gen, I can only imagine it as some kind of bizarre elven blood ritual, in their attempt to emulate dwarven culture, where a new king was chosen each spring to be given as a sacrifice to the demon to ensure survival for one more year.

Edit:  Apparently he's stuck in a loop of infinite elf-killing. 

This is after 7000 years of running world gen.  I sort of feel bad for him.

Edit2:

Well I'll be.  I ran out the world gen to its limit, 10,000 years.  In the year 7431, he fought the only living dragon left in the world, lost, and died in dragonfire.  Grand total of 31,062 kills.  Sadly that's all the details I have, as trying to dump ten millenniums of legends into something viewable crashes my computer.  Anyway, going back to working on my fortress and messing with the predetermined timeline.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 05:37:50 pm by orrey »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Mavi Lacecinula Birimathe
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 02:16:40 am »

Copy your seeds, and regen the world.  This time, with an embarrassing history length.  Like, I think the max age is 100,000 years.  Gen that world, just to see how long this glorious demon ranks up astonishing numbers of elf kills.

orrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 03:04:51 am »

Copy your seeds, and regen the world.  This time, with an embarrassing history length.  Like, I think the max age is 100,000 years.  Gen that world, just to see how long this glorious demon ranks up astonishing numbers of elf kills.

I'm currently generating something conservative, 10,000 years or so.  Fiddled with a few settings to make sure the world didn't end early (population/site caps, % dead).

It won't take TOO long, the world was a small region to begin with, so there's not a ton of other things going on.

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 05:15:07 am »

A panther twisted into humanoid form, with external ribs, a gaunt appearance, and associated with disease, deformity, death and blight? That's kind of metal.
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 06:06:30 am »

Is it in any way possible to make peace with goblins? Because I think your dorfs would get along fine with that king.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 06:44:24 am »

Wow, that's a lot of elves. Not to mention It has a higher kill count than Tholtig too.

Gonna add a link to my sig.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 06:51:06 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 07:42:55 am »

Do kills in world gen add to the stats of units? I'd dare say this fellow would be rather a bit overpowered by the 10,000 year mark. Would be good fun to recruit or, even better, adventure as.

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 08:37:25 am »

Damn.
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.

Soapalope

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Soaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 08:43:53 am »

Mathi Frostburials the Hideous Mange?

Nice name, was it meant for a elf?

-Numerous screeching noises and the sounds of blood spattering-

Maybe not.
FB: I was thinking Facebook. Oh well, I guess killing a Forgotten Beast is cool too.
Note to self: Devise methods of dropping Liaisons down pits during meetings. Yell, "THIS IS SPAARRTAAAAA..." at my monitor.

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 08:46:46 am »

it's
it's
it's more amazing than the dorf with 2000 kills!
and he killed elves?
very dorfy.

Tholtig had 3000 elf kills, plus a cyclops. and was a She.
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

Syrup Roast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 09:01:51 am »

it's
it's
it's more amazing than the dorf with 2000 kills!
and he killed elves?
very dorfy.

Tholtig had 3000 elf kills, plus a cyclops. and was a She.
I don't think the game discriminates between sexes.
My answer to just about everything is magma. In fact, most threads end up with me running in screaming it 

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 09:09:13 am »

Age of The Grey Devil, here we come! :P
Looking foward to seeing what becomes of this. Would be fun to do what I did in a world terrorised by a Slate Grey Demon, gathered up an army and attacked his fortress! Utter madness. Make sure you mod goblins to build cities, so you can actually visit and attack them! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

zx.pr0jk#

• Bay Watcher
  • Goblin Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2011, 09:13:50 am »

Bravo, Mathi Frostburials the Hideous Mange.

Is there a hall of fame thread or something to that effect that remembers all these extraordinarily epic world gen figures?

Doomchild-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2011, 09:17:34 am »

imagining Mavi sitting atop his elfbone throne in this elfbone fortress, roads paved with elfskulls, fountains of elfblood... and i get this fuzzy feeling... i wonder if he's leaving just enough elves alive so they'd replenish their numbers fast enough to support his need for mayhem.

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2011, 10:05:11 am »

A panther twisted into humanoid form, with external ribs, a gaunt appearance, and associated with disease, deformity, death and blight? That's kind of metal.

When you said panther, I invisioned one of the thundercats doing this. I now imagine Snarf killing seven thousand elves.....
Blargh.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5