Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Mavi Lacecinula Birimathe  (Read 26153 times)

Sugata-senpai

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anime Watcher+3 Legendary Manga Reader+5
    • View Profile
Re: Mavi Lacecinula Birimathe
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2011, 10:16:00 am »

imagining Mavi sitting atop his elfbone throne in this elfbone fortress, roads paved with elfskulls, fountains of elfblood... and i get this fuzzy feeling... i wonder if he's leaving just enough elves alive so they'd replenish their numbers fast enough to support his need for mayhem.

Let's not forget his elfbone crown, his elfbone scepter, his elfbone rings, and his elfleather clothing.
Me: I'll kill you... I'll kill you all!!!! Mwahahahahahaha!!!...

UristMcRandomNurse: Sir, patient 137 is laughing maniacially again.

UristMcDoctor: Don't worry, if we just ignore him he'll calm down and go back to playing Dwarf Fortress.

Soapalope

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Soaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 10:20:35 am »

imagining Mavi sitting atop his elfbone throne in this elfbone fortress, roads paved with elfskulls, fountains of elfblood... and i get this fuzzy feeling... i wonder if he's leaving just enough elves alive so they'd replenish their numbers fast enough to support his need for mayhem.

Let's not forget his elfbone crown, his elfbone scepter, his elfbone rings, and his elfleather clothing.

And his undead elf slaves.
FB: I was thinking Facebook. Oh well, I guess killing a Forgotten Beast is cool too.
Note to self: Devise methods of dropping Liaisons down pits during meetings. Yell, "THIS IS SPAARRTAAAAA..." at my monitor.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2011, 11:51:15 am »

There is only one solution to a filthy demon killing more elves than a dwarf: challenge him to a duel yourself. And win.

You must also provide the seed, generation and raw information.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 12:32:43 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2011, 12:09:54 pm »

My suggestion:

Build a fortress in this world.  Attract sieges from the demon-ruled goblin civilization.  When Mavi shows up, capture him alive.  This will be difficult, since demons are trap-immune, and you'll only get one chance due to the bug that causes civilization leaders to lose their position when they leave the map.

Build a chamber for him.  Capture elves and drop them into his chamber.  Let the elf-killing continue on and on.

I would suggest using memory hacking tools to make him part of your civilization, but I suspect that even if possible this would just result in a loyalty cascade.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Qwernt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2011, 01:31:47 pm »

Simple fill in the blank question:

Dwarf is to Kitten as _____ is to elf.

OR the more enjoyable game:

Mavi is to elf as Dwarf is to _______

orrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2011, 02:32:12 pm »

My suggestion:

Build a fortress in this world.  Attract sieges from the demon-ruled goblin civilization.  When Mavi shows up, capture him alive.  This will be difficult, since demons are trap-immune, and you'll only get one chance due to the bug that causes civilization leaders to lose their position when they leave the map.

Build a chamber for him.  Capture elves and drop them into his chamber.  Let the elf-killing continue on and on.

I would suggest using memory hacking tools to make him part of your civilization, but I suspect that even if possible this would just result in a loyalty cascade.

I'll try something like this.  Since the elves he's killing had actually replaced my civilization, I hope to attract the Elf King first, then organize some kind of duel between the two, to continue tradition.

Also, raws.  It's a custom world with one cavern layer and shallow magma. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tlc2011

• Bay Watcher
  • ..No idea what to put here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2011, 02:41:40 pm »

In a fortress I just began recently, I noticed that the goblins were lead by a demon; a grey devil precisely.  No big deal, right? It happens a lot in world gen.  Anyway, I decide to check out the guy in legends on a whim.

Looks pretty normal; but then I noticed there's more list to scroll through. A lot more.

Yes, that is 7,000 dead elves.

His conflict with the elves had lasted two wars.  The first was quick and brutal.

It only lasted a single battle, and elves actually won it, despite the horrendous and embarrassing casualties they suffered.

However.

10 years later, in 209, Mavi lead the goblins again in the Barbarous War, this time against a different civilization.  When worldgen stopped in 350, the war was still ongoing - so far 141 battles and subsequent pillaging had occurred, usually ending in the elves being mutilated, devoured, or stuck on spikes.

In the roughly 150 years he was at war with the Elves, beginning in 199, his kills totaled 7354 elves, 60 grizzlies, and 47 pandas.  Entirely elves and their entourage; no stray dwarves or humans, or even livestock. Whats more, is the entirety of the second war was waged in the same city; Contestcloistered.

Only then did I remember, while scrolling through the thousands of elf impalings and devourings, that Contestcloistered was my mountainhome, and the Square Stake was the civilization I had embarked as. 

A lot of legends sleuthing later, I worked out most of the details.  The last dwarf king, Cog Cavevalley, had died in 177, and wasn't replaced until 210, a year after Mavi's first assault. He was replaced by a pair of elves, who I won't bother naming, because they were killed off in short order by Mavi the next autumn.  From looking at older battles, I noticed that elves were slowly replacing dwarves in the civilization since the year 109, when Contestcloistered was reclaimed after a series of unfortunate wars.  By 177, the dwarves were nearly extinct, and Cog's death to a female twilight horror was the last recorded event at Contestcloistered until 209.  In 349, the year of my embark, the population of my civilization was exactly 538 elves.

I also noticed something I had overlooked earlier, while scrolling through Mavi's kills.  All of the duels recorded there were against the Elf Kings of my civilization, which they would inevitably lose and be promptly replaced by two fresh elves.  And the attacks occured like clockwork, every autumn.

While it's probably some weird recursive bug with world gen, I can only imagine it as some kind of bizarre elven blood ritual, in their attempt to emulate dwarven culture, where a new king was chosen each spring to be given as a sacrifice to the demon to ensure survival for one more year.

Edit:  Apparently he's stuck in a loop of infinite elf-killing. 

This is after 7000 years of running world gen.  I sort of feel bad for him.

Post the Seed for the 7000 year world

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2011, 03:11:46 pm »

I'd guess the seed is the same. Just change the line [END_YEAR:350] to [END_YEAR:7000] and [BEAST_END_YEAR:100:80] to something like [BEAST_END_YEAR:10000:-1]
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

orrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2011, 03:35:29 pm »

I'd guess the seed is the same. Just change the line [END_YEAR:350] to [END_YEAR:7000] and [BEAST_END_YEAR:100:80] to something like [BEAST_END_YEAR:10000:-1]

Yeah that'll do it; setting the year to whatever you like and [BEAST_END_YEAR:100:100] is enough; there's still a 7000 year old dragon roaming around too (who's incinerated a large chunk of the other megabeasts and demons), so it won't end from 100% megabeast deaths.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2011, 03:36:02 pm »

I think this deserves a d-for-dwarf article o.O maybe some art ... this is crazy enough for it...
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2011, 04:31:00 pm »

A panther twisted into humanoid form, with external ribs, a gaunt appearance, and associated with disease, deformity, death and blight? That's kind of metal.
When you said panther, I invisioned one of the thundercats doing this. I now imagine Snarf killing seven thousand elves.....
Thinking of Grimmjow from Bleach here. Shame it wasn't a bat though, with that description.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2011, 05:45:16 pm »

It's just genning 10,000 years as I type this.

My raws are a little...altered. All civs now use human cities, and the raws for both dwarves and humans are altered. Let's see how that effects the results!

tomblifter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2011, 06:29:04 pm »

Quick, get the summon the artsdwarves from the fanart thread to draw him a tribute!

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2011, 10:04:33 pm »

This is why I wish there was an option for continuing World Gen after you've finished it. You could have have successfully retired a fortress and captured a goblin general or two. Or even better, seeing how the hell colonizers get on.

Your adventurer who has killed the nobility of several nations may rise to fill in the power vacuum.

Allowing history to continue would be awesome. Plus, seeing how gods of combat such as Mavi rack up more kills.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2011, 10:15:32 pm »

Do kills in world gen add to the stats of units? I'd dare say this fellow would be rather a bit overpowered by the 10,000 year mark. Would be good fun to recruit or, even better, adventure as.

I think it adds to the stats, making the creature more impossible to kill as it continues it's killing spree.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5