Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Striking requiring LACK of layer?  (Read 705 times)

Avelon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:INDULGE_IN_MYSTICISM:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
Striking requiring LACK of layer?
« on: June 23, 2011, 09:54:15 am »

Hi!

So, I'm wanting to whip up a little mod. One of the things that I'm wanting to do with it is add in a striking move which requires that a body part NOT be covered in order to enable it, similar to some wrestling moves requiring that your hands NOT be occupied.

But I'm a modding newbie, and really don't know how to go about it. I can figure out how to add body parts, but let's just say...

Humanoid with a horn, like a unicorn. If the head layer is covered, it can't be used. But if it's uncovered, then it appears in the list of available strikes like punches, kicks, bites, and held item based attacks.

Sorry if this is really similar to an extant thread - I didn't see anything.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: Striking requiring LACK of layer?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 12:42:20 pm »

Not possible. It works with hands because hands have the [GRASP] tag and are holding a weapon, I suppose you could just have your unicorn-man hold his hood in his horn. But that would take away any protection it would provide, and they would still attack with it.

Out of curiosity, what kind of helmet would prevent you from stabbing with a horn? That would be like a breastplate without armholes.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Avelon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:INDULGE_IN_MYSTICISM:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
Re: Striking requiring LACK of layer?
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 04:38:02 pm »

Out of curiosity, what kind of helmet would prevent you from stabbing with a horn? That would be like a breastplate without armholes.
Well, sir, if you must know...

Today a wrestler tried to fight me. He lived for over 600 moves and was conscious for the first 550 or so. But there was something missing.

So I want to make available an attack when not wearing any layers on the lower body. If it needs to be a wrestling move, that's cool too. =)

EDIT: Could I maybe just add it in under the menu that opens up when you grab something with your hands? (like gouging eyes when grabbing a head in a hand)

EDIT2: Actually I don't think that would work... I'd need to actually grapple with the body part in question to make the message appear correctly... Hmmm.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 04:41:27 pm by Avelon »
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus