Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Deadkey: a community fortress!  (Read 1159 times)

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Deadkey: a community fortress!
« on: August 25, 2011, 10:42:02 pm »

First time doing a community fort so i'll try to keep things intresting. Ahem now..

"So, what happened?" questioned a dwarf to a hooded figure. It was in a tavern. Hardly anyone was around, other than the innkeeper and a waitress.

"What happened you ask? Let me start from the beginning. Before Deadkey.. what led to it." the hooded figure said. He took a sip from his mug of ale, looking at the dwarf. "It started with Anvilshimmer. The dwarven king wanted to expand his rule to the distant lands. He sent seven dwarves to do so. He sent them along with a small group of the Crows." the dwarf looked, listening to the story. "The group, was called the New Axe. A fitting name.. they thrived for a short time. They dug deep, breaching the caverns and making a powerful underground fortress."

The dwarf questioned, "They were the ones? I thought it was-" The hooded figure interrupted. "No. It was Anvilshimmer. Anyways, the years past. The Crows, the Armored Skulls and the Diamond Persuaders fought against the threats. The leader of the Skulls went into a permenant coma after fighting and killing the Giantess that attacked them. Meanwhile, goblins failed in their sieges. It got bad when they fought the Obsidan gem Tick. The crows lost their leader, and nearly got wiped out. Only two survived."

The hooded figure frowned. "When it died, they got powerful. Surviving for many more years. But they got too greedy. They dug too deep. They wanted to breach past all the caverns. They dug, and found it. Adamantine. But when it was dug up, they found an even deeper cavern. It was too late, they realized the truth of it all. There was one thing they could do. Seal Anvilshimmer. They walled off the entrance. And the two Crows were the only ones to escape. They never told the King or anyone else about it. No one went near Anvilshimmer though. They heard screaming, even  from behind the walls. One of the Crows told the king to found Deadkey, to prevent any attempts at going to Anvilshimmer. The king agreed, and sent them their way. Now that you know about what started the fortress, I think its time you hear about the story of The Galley of Skulls, and their rule over Deadkey.."

Dwarves: Doren Rakustvetek, Miner, record keeper, Appraiser and Moss Dwarfette.
              Bomrek Kokeberith, Miner, Engraver and Stone dwarfette.
              Dodok Likotducim, Carpenter, Bowyer, Leatherworker and Stone Dwarf.
              Uzol Zuntirnecik, Woodcutter, Axedwarf and Stone Dwarfette.
              Fikod Matollilum, Mason, Metalworker and Moss Dwarfette.
              Vabok Uristasas, Crow, Bowdwarf and Stone dwarf. [Taken, I am using him!]
              Erib Uzolbal, Farmer, Brewer, Butcher, Mechanic and Stone Dwarf.
              Two war Sand Lions.

Tell me if you want a dwarf. You're now apart of the Galley of Skulls. Welcome to Deadkey..

Cheveux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deadkey: a community fortress!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 11:27:19 pm »

Interesting, if you ever get a male weaponsmith, I'd like to take him.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 11:37:14 pm »

Sure, next male weaponsmith is yours.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 11:59:59 pm »

next mechanic/engineer be me please.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 04:04:16 am »

Hm. Bad news, I don't know if i'll be able to do a story for the fortress after all! Maybe another time. Or if I get inspired.