Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 741 742 [743] 744 745 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1244880 times)

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #11130 on: August 06, 2012, 07:34:53 pm »

I have my suspicions that the Cataclysm forums are like 90% B12ers.

A little bugfix update.

Windows executable: http://whalesdev.com/cataclysm.zip
Linux executable: http://whalesdev.com/cataclysm.tar.bz2

Save file IS compatible.  Clean build NOT required.

Features:
  • The help menu's listing of key commands (?1) now shows the actual keys in use, as taken from keymap.txt.  You can edit your keybindings there, too.

Tweaks:
  • Messages print new-at-bottom, old-at-top, like they used to.
  • Yes/No query now warns you that it's case sensitive.

Bug fixes:
  • Coloring of messages is improved.  Sometimes they'd appear as light gray for a turn, THEN go red.  They don't do that any more.
  • Monsters no longer appear as a "ghost" for a turn after dying before disappearing.
  • Some monster/NPC-death-related crashes fixed.
  • Charger-gun-related crash fixed.
  • Monster list coloring fix for nearby monsters.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11131 on: August 06, 2012, 09:54:14 pm »

Features:
  • The help menu's listing of key commands (?1) now shows the actual keys in use, as taken from keymap.txt.  You can edit your keybindings there, too.
HURRAH
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11132 on: August 06, 2012, 09:54:41 pm »

Two-by-fours in Defense Mode are shown as having no weight, no volume, and having no attack damages.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11133 on: August 06, 2012, 09:59:26 pm »

Two-by-fours in Defense Mode are shown as having no weight, no volume, and having no attack damages.

Correct.  Defense Mode uses special two-by-fours modified to being weightless volumeless building tools.  Defense Mode is more arcade-style gameplay, with less of an attempt at realism.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11134 on: August 06, 2012, 11:42:02 pm »

Huh, a crate spawn, never gotten that before. I was walking through the wilderness when I entered an open field with a road and the crates were just there beside it. I left my crowbar at home, so I did the 20 minute walk back to base to grab one, came back and popped open the crates. One had a few pairs of army pants, a kevlar vest and a helmet. I had all this, so I moved on. The next one had some MREs, water I believe, a smoke bomb and antibiotics. Better, better, you can never have too many MREs! But the last crate was PACKED with explosives. 7 sticks of dynamite, 3 grenades, 3 more smoke bombs, an EMP grenade, 3 teargas canisters, 4 flashbangs and 2 blocks of C4. Great stuff.

After dumping the ordnance back at my sewage treatment plant (note to self: magical hole in the wall appeared on the other side of the sewage stream, investigate later), I walked back on a slightly different path and found a trap field. I walk into it, avoiding what I can see... And step on a mine. Minor damage to all parts, heavy pain. I reach the center of the field and found a few cans of food and some water, then I "disarmed" some spike boards, not taking my chances with the shotguns after the landmine incident, and walked back home. Not worth stepping on a landmine for, but it was still a decent haul.

EDIT: Hey look, a second crate spawn. First crate has 2 grenades, 2 teargas canisters, 3 C4 explosives, 4 dynamite, a flashbang and a smokebomb.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 11:50:28 pm by Jacob/Lee »

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #11135 on: August 07, 2012, 12:08:57 am »

Eep. I was just asked to retrieve a dog, and I had him come along with me. I got the dog and was about to talk to the owner, but before I can do so, he runs up and beats his own dog to death. Then I have to tell him that I failed. Suuuure.

EDIT: Oh god(s), now every time I talk to him I have to start the conversation with "I failed". This guy is a manipulative bastard.
EDIT2: Not sure if this is a bug-- it seems to be: he seems to be able to train me for free now. I select an option for training and the trade screen is skipped.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 01:25:42 am by DrKillPatient »
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11136 on: August 07, 2012, 02:12:32 am »

When I go into the defense minigame, I cannot use the caravan. Everything comes up, I can change the catagory but I cannot add stuff to my cart/change the item I am selecting. I used the windows executable and nothing has been touched whatsoever.

I had to press tab. I am stupid.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 02:18:08 am by Corai »
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11137 on: August 07, 2012, 09:34:03 am »

Don't worry Corai, you aren't stupid, you're just a kobold. 

Took me a while to figure it out too, I mean really who reads instructions?  That's like asking for directions when lost.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11138 on: August 07, 2012, 10:06:31 am »

Huh, a crate spawn, never gotten that before. I was walking through the wilderness when I entered an open field with a road and the crates were just there beside it. I left my crowbar at home, so I did the 20 minute walk back to base to grab one, came back and popped open the crates. One had a few pairs of army pants, a kevlar vest and a helmet. I had all this, so I moved on. The next one had some MREs, water I believe, a smoke bomb and antibiotics. Better, better, you can never have too many MREs! But the last crate was PACKED with explosives. 7 sticks of dynamite, 3 grenades, 3 more smoke bombs, an EMP grenade, 3 teargas canisters, 4 flashbangs and 2 blocks of C4. Great stuff.

After dumping the ordnance back at my sewage treatment plant (note to self: magical hole in the wall appeared on the other side of the sewage stream, investigate later), I walked back on a slightly different path and found a trap field. I walk into it, avoiding what I can see... And step on a mine. Minor damage to all parts, heavy pain. I reach the center of the field and found a few cans of food and some water, then I "disarmed" some spike boards, not taking my chances with the shotguns after the landmine incident, and walked back home. Not worth stepping on a landmine for, but it was still a decent haul.

EDIT: Hey look, a second crate spawn. First crate has 2 grenades, 2 teargas canisters, 3 C4 explosives, 4 dynamite, a flashbang and a smokebomb.
I once found a drop site with one of the crates containing an M4 and a silencer. I was beating on said crate with a heavy stick, but it wouldn't budge. I had neither a pipe nor a rock nor the skill to make a crowbar, so I just decided to light this crate on fire via my lighter. Bad idea, as the fire started to spread and, as you'd expect, destroyed the silencer and damaged the gun. I ran before the fire could damage me.

When I go into the defense minigame, I cannot use the caravan. Everything comes up, I can change the catagory but I cannot add stuff to my cart/change the item I am selecting. I used the windows executable and nothing has been touched whatsoever.

I had to press tab. I am stupid.
Don't worry Corai, you aren't stupid, you're just a kobold. 

Took me a while to figure it out too, I mean really who reads instructions?  That's like asking for directions when lost.
I quickly figured the Tab thing out when I first started playing Defense Mode.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11139 on: August 07, 2012, 05:59:44 pm »

Wow! Congrats on making it to stable (or at least "Cataclysm" version, according to Roguebasin), Whales. The game's showing a lot of polish these days.

...I say that but the Windows version crashes near the start of the game. Is there an error log somewhere?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 06:02:59 pm by freeformschooler »

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #11140 on: August 07, 2012, 07:25:10 pm »

In the future, will the saves be more compact? My current save folder has over 80,000 files, which makes transferring take forever despite only weighing 65 MB.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11141 on: August 07, 2012, 08:32:37 pm »

I purge my save file every new version, or any time I crash just in case there is corruption.

That said, I've had multiple crashes with the new version when exploring the basement in the starting shelter.  This happened like 3 times, each time with an emptied save directory.

I also had a crash in tutorial mode, after breaking out of the tutorial building and while exploring the nearby town.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11142 on: August 07, 2012, 09:02:54 pm »

I've had the tutorial basement crash as well.

And I, like puke (words I never thought I'd say, comma or otherwise), purge for every new version.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11143 on: August 08, 2012, 03:23:06 am »

In the future, will the saves be more compact? My current save folder has over 80,000 files, which makes transferring take forever despite only weighing 65 MB.

It's something he's mentioned he wants to change. I'm guessing it's not a priority though.
Maybe that would be a good mod for someone to add though.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11144 on: August 08, 2012, 12:10:12 pm »

It's something he's mentioned he wants to change. I'm guessing it's not a priority though.
Maybe that would be a good mod for someone to add though.

Someone is working on it. Time will tell if it's integrated or not.

The basement crash is a known issue.
Pages: 1 ... 741 742 [743] 744 745 ... 777