Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 743 744 [745] 746 747 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1235115 times)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #11160 on: August 09, 2012, 09:56:06 pm »

Solar panels would be pretty good. I hate metabolic. Even with other sources, you can't go past four!
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11161 on: August 09, 2012, 10:04:16 pm »

I managed to start with a cloaking bionic this time, and have no idea what CBM it comes from.  Never seen one previously.  Costs a fortune in power to run it though, and useless against aural or thermo or scent critters.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I like the internal furnace and solar panels. Metabolic interchange just isn't something I would care for, since every food item you can spare means you can last longer if you run out of reliable food sources for whatever reason, until you locate another.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11162 on: August 09, 2012, 10:15:31 pm »

Yea solar panels are great, especially if you have a car or something, or don't heavily use power draining bionics.

Back with the last version I would criuse around with the drivers side door open to charge my solar panels on a sunny day.  If it rains I close it.  With the car door open the drivers seat is considered outside, door closed, inside.  I just used bionics to save lighter fluid and haul armor plating for cars, so it kept me supplied with power pretty good.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11163 on: August 10, 2012, 04:21:55 am »

Is there a way to get a dog inside a car ?

A few days ago, I got the "go get my dog" mission, and found a car near the house where the dog were.. With a dozen zombies around, I though "hey, this will be great ! let's splash'em all !".
Got in the car, waited a bit ... whistled the dog ... again ...
Then I drove a little toward the dog, and ... let's say I got sad ... :(

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #11164 on: August 10, 2012, 04:45:32 am »

Been experimenting with Android characters.  Got one who started out with metabolic interchange and hydraulic muscles.  Punch a few zombies for insta-kill damage.  Eat a sandwich.  Repeat.  This rocks.
Until you run out of sandwich 10 minutes later.

Yeah... I basically muscled myself to death when I went rummaging through houses for food.  I wanted to stock up for a raid on a science lab.  I'd loot a house, encounter a couple zombies, be forced to eat whatever I'd just looted, repeat the cycle until increasingly desperate measures finally did me in.  I don't really like the metabolic interchange, but that's what the rng gave me.  I just liked the strength boost.  It was fun while it lasted.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11165 on: August 10, 2012, 09:42:55 am »

Metabolic Interchange is the only CBM that actively works against you, specialy if you have a fairly large battery, which you'll usualy have after a few lab raids. Its energy efficiency is also crap, given how much you need to eat to keep it up, it really needs adjustments.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #11166 on: August 10, 2012, 10:09:34 am »

Metabolic Interchange is the only CBM that actively works against you, specialy if you have a fairly large battery, which you'll usualy have after a few lab raids. Its energy efficiency is also crap, given how much you need to eat to keep it up, it really needs adjustments.
Yeah, perhaps making it an active bionic or such.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11167 on: August 10, 2012, 11:53:56 pm »

Well I certainly ain't very good at surviving. How do you get items out of display racks and dressers and things like that anyway? I want to ransack this hardware store.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11168 on: August 10, 2012, 11:56:19 pm »

Press "e" and indicate desired direction. Then enter letter(s) of desired object(s) and press enter.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11169 on: August 11, 2012, 12:33:05 am »

I just found a flashlight in someones dresser.

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11170 on: August 11, 2012, 12:37:58 am »

You sure it was a flashlight?  ;D
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #11171 on: August 11, 2012, 12:38:35 am »

You sure it was a flashlight?  ;D

That my first thought, exactly.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11172 on: August 11, 2012, 12:40:08 am »

I thought the vibrator mod wasn't actually released. ;)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11173 on: August 11, 2012, 12:52:31 am »

Why was no one considerate enough to leave a few cars behind when they all died? You'd think the zombies dismantled them all or something.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #11174 on: August 11, 2012, 12:58:46 am »

I think there should be lots of cars around, but most should require some repair work or hot-wiring before you can drive them.  It should be difficult to find a car you can just hop into and take off with.  I also think vehicles could use more storage.  As someone who has gone camping in the mountains via motorcycle, I know there's a ton more space available than the game lets on.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Pages: 1 ... 743 744 [745] 746 747 ... 777