Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 744 745 [746] 747 748 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1234975 times)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #11175 on: August 11, 2012, 01:02:52 am »

The answer is that all the Jockeys, Witches, and othe unincluded types all got in the cars and drove off and out of the game.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #11176 on: August 11, 2012, 01:37:00 am »

Yeah, don't startle the witch.

because VROOM VROOM
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11177 on: August 11, 2012, 01:39:57 am »

My theory is that the smoker learned how to shot lightning.
My tumblr.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11178 on: August 11, 2012, 01:45:21 am »

Why would the cars need hotwiring or lots of repair work, though?

It's not like this apocalypse has been going on long-term, and anyway zombies aren't smart enough to target vehicles that don't have people in and the road would be basically walls of wreckage if the number of nearly-working-vehicles was correct.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11179 on: August 11, 2012, 01:47:09 am »

Again, VROOM VROOM IS BAD! NO SCARE WITCH! SHE KNOWS HOW TO DRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
My tumblr.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #11180 on: August 11, 2012, 02:12:32 am »

It's not like this apocalypse has been going on long-term, and anyway zombies aren't smart enough to target vehicles that don't have people in and the road would be basically walls of wreckage if the number of nearly-working-vehicles was correct.

The prologue doesn't even tell us anything about what the apocalypse was like.  Who knows?  If it was a quick and violent thing, I imagine many people would have been swarmed while desperately trying to force their way through the clusterfuck of panicked evacuation traffic.

I just think it would be a more interesting mechanic.  It would give you more choices and the opportunity to be more interactive in searching for your first vehicle.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11181 on: August 11, 2012, 04:49:46 am »

The prologue doesn't even tell us anything about what the apocalypse was like.  Who knows?  If it was a quick and violent thing, I imagine many people would have been swarmed while desperately trying to force their way through the clusterfuck of panicked evacuation traffic.

I just think it would be a more interesting mechanic.  It would give you more choices and the opportunity to be more interactive in searching for your first vehicle.

http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php?topic=1264.0

you're welcome.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #11182 on: August 11, 2012, 05:15:49 am »

Alright, so it's the type of situation I was imagining.  An explosion of widespread panic and violence.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11183 on: August 11, 2012, 06:20:51 am »

I think there should be lots of cars around, but most should require some repair work or hot-wiring before you can drive them.  It should be difficult to find a car you can just hop into and take off with.  I also think vehicles could use more storage.  As someone who has gone camping in the mountains via motorcycle, I know there's a ton more space available than the game lets on.

The problem is that you can only store things in "the trunk". Were it reality, you could just throw your new welder and sandwiches in the passenger side floor and drive away, but since game doesn't recognise what's in the car as moving with it or even any difference between "car floor" and "ground below car"... This is also a problem when it comes to zombies, actually. Zombies that manage to climb into the car isn't any kind of problem right now, as they'll magically be run over when you start driving. That kind of takes the danger out of it.
Love, scriver~

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11184 on: August 11, 2012, 06:27:35 am »

You're free to code in a solution to that, I'm sure Whales would love it :P
*Hugs*

Sentientdeth

• Bay Watcher
  • Black Soul Immortal
    • View Profile
    • Sentientdeth's Composition Blog
« Reply #11185 on: August 11, 2012, 08:25:51 am »

Heh, really wish I had more coding experience.  I have so many ideas.
Dirgeplayer of the Twelve Bays
-The Bard's Guild-

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11186 on: August 11, 2012, 08:30:56 am »

Like Sentientdeth above me, I would if I could. My own code experience is limited to TES CS script writing, and I don't think that's enough ;)
Love, scriver~

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11187 on: August 11, 2012, 09:29:18 am »

Same, there are so many things I would love to put in.  But my coding experience peaks at flash.  And even with that I was just taking chunks of code from other things to make what I wanted.

I think I may have played too much DF before playing this game.  My current project is useing a jackhammer to hollow out the surface level of my cave base into rooms.  I even have a section planned as an interior place to park my 3 wide 6 long car, and I already have a kitchen dug out and functional (but roofless for now).
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11188 on: August 11, 2012, 10:07:48 am »

If you have suggestions, Darkling Wolf's usually happy to give them a shot :P
*Hugs*

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11189 on: August 11, 2012, 10:44:38 am »

I think there should be lots of cars around, but most should require some repair work or hot-wiring before you can drive them.  It should be difficult to find a car you can just hop into and take off with.  I also think vehicles could use more storage.  As someone who has gone camping in the mountains via motorcycle, I know there's a ton more space available than the game lets on.

The problem is that you can only store things in "the trunk". Were it reality, you could just throw your new welder and sandwiches in the passenger side floor and drive away, but since game doesn't recognise what's in the car as moving with it or even any difference between "car floor" and "ground below car"... This is also a problem when it comes to zombies, actually. Zombies that manage to climb into the car isn't any kind of problem right now, as they'll magically be run over when you start driving. That kind of takes the danger out of it.

You can always replace that seat with a trunk.
Pages: 1 ... 744 745 [746] 747 748 ... 777