Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1245438 times)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2011, 05:11:46 pm »

When I load a game or select new game it quits as soon as where its supposed to get to the game screen.
Also, is in character, between character dialog in?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2011, 06:52:54 pm »

I haven't even SEEN any other characters yet, even in those little fort things outside the town sometimes.

That sounds like a strange bug, I'd email Whales at the email address on the MTOD on the menu.

Bitoru, I believe it's "Monospace". That's the only name I can find in my options...which makes it impossible to find on the internet due to all the results being about Monospaced fonts in general :-/
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2011, 11:03:30 pm »

Alright, to chat to NPCs type 'C'.
You can open Science labs by 'e'xamining the key bad with an ID.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2011, 11:07:32 pm »

This game is awesome, the only problem im having is whenever I seem to get near an NP (and by near I mean I haven't even found them yet) I get a debug error. It say's something along the lines of "Generic Person blahblahblah follows player" in red text, and then pauses the game. It slows down the game and happens alot, so I can only move 1 square every 30 seconds or so, because I keep getting all of these error messages.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2011, 11:27:10 pm »

This game is awesome, the only problem im having is whenever I seem to get near an NP (and by near I mean I haven't even found them yet) I get a debug error. It say's something along the lines of "Generic Person blahblahblah follows player" in red text, and then pauses the game. It slows down the game and happens alot, so I can only move 1 square every 30 seconds or so, because I keep getting all of these error messages.
Same here.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2011, 11:38:15 pm »

fivedozenwhales@gmail.com is the dev's email address, I'd e-mail any bugs you find to them as the game is in a very early beta.

Also I went for a LONG TIME in one direction, and have decided two things:
1.) The world is huge, if not endless. Although I found no cities like the one you start in, There were some interesting features, like a UFO crash site, a highway (with a bridge over a river), and a few other things. I had to stop when I was surrounded by more zombies than I could get through.

2.) If you stockpile food, and go to a forest in the middle of nowhere, you should be MUCH safer. I saw NO zombies in the middle of nowhere, and it wasn't until I was on that highway that I saw any. Oh wait, acid rain hurt badly..but still, quite safe outside until the acid rain comes.

EDIT:
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 11:50:25 pm by quinnr »

Infuriated

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2011, 12:17:11 am »

Aw, hardly got to play and it crashed on me when I went near a red /. Well, I was surprised to see Stats/Talents/Skills all share the same point pool and all of the defects are serious business, makes creating a character EXTREMELY INTERESTING.

Now I'm kind of sad 'cause the house I originally started in had tons of items, including a kangroo-pouch hoodie, shot my max volume up to 18 from 8.

Is there a list of what key does what anywhere? I was pretty much wrestling with my keyboard the entire time trying to figure out how to do certain things. Can you open stuff like dressers to get whats inside or are those just objects?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2011, 12:18:15 am »

Aw, hardly got to play and it crashed on me when I went near a red /. Well, I was surprised to see Stats/Talents/Skills all share the same point pool and all of the defects are serious business, makes creating a character EXTREMELY INTERESTING.

Now I'm kind of sad 'cause the house I originally started in had tons of items, including a kangroo-pouch hoodie, shot my max volume up to 18 from 8.

Is there a list of what key does what anywhere? I pretty much was wrestling with my keyboard the entire time trying to figure out how to do certain things. Can you open stuff like dressers to get whats inside or are those just objects?
Did you play the tutorial? Because that taught me how to do all of that.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Infuriated

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2011, 12:22:12 am »

Ah, disregard my stupidity then, I somehow managed to completely miss that option. Hahaha...

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2011, 12:46:24 am »

How do I craft?
Type '?' -> 'i'

The ? guide is very helpful! :)

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2011, 03:02:53 am »

That online thing isn't working for me.  How did you "compile" it to play locally?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2011, 03:11:47 am »

That online thing isn't working for me.  How did you "compile" it to play locally?
I've been wondering this, it would be easier for me to play it locally so I don't have to connect to a server to do it.
Welcome to Reality.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2011, 03:15:39 am »

I'm looking at guides online on how to do this and I feel dumb.  I realllyy want to play too.. UGH.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2011, 03:45:26 am »

I put a quite simple guide in the first post, if you are on Windows. You can also message me for more help :)

I really have no clue on how to compile it on Windows, but for Ubuntu/Debian Linux (you could get a VM) you just have to do this from terminal:
sudo apt-get install libncurses5-dev
sudo apt-get install libncursesw5-dev
(cd into the directory with the .tar.gz file. You can use ls to list all directories.)
make

That should do it, then just type './cataclysm'.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 777