Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1234680 times)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2011, 07:13:13 am »

On the linux version I get a segmentation fault message and it goes to terminal. Any idea quinn?

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2011, 09:48:14 am »

Followed the directions in the main post, when trying to connect I get a "Disconnected: No supported authentication methods available" message. Hope someone figures out how to play this offline on Windows, because it looks cool.

EDIT: Nevermind, capitalized a letter I shouldn't have, managed to connect. Still hoping for an offline version.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 09:57:16 am by Vorbicon »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2011, 10:14:07 am »

On the linux version I get a segmentation fault message and it goes to terminal. Any idea quinn?
No clue. (Well, I know what it is, but not how to fix it.) Only thing I can say is redownload it if you had it working before.

For all those who want a windows version, you'd need to find a windows equivalent for the ncurses library, and then find a C++ compiler and compile those files.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2011, 12:37:21 pm »

Assuming the code has absolutely no compiler-specific directives (or anything else) in it. Good luck?
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2011, 01:38:38 pm »

I wish you could get a general indication of your morale. I've looked through the help guide but no dice.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2011, 01:41:01 pm »

Hah I also had an uppercase letter that messed me up.  But yeah, hoping for an offline version as well.. I have internet with Time Warner and it cuts off every hour or so :\

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2011, 02:20:13 pm »

Someone should totally do a lets play of this.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2011, 02:30:49 pm »

So, first game: I wander over to a pharmacy, load up on codeine, found a sawed-off shotgun, drink all the liquor I found in a liquor store, wander drunkenly over to a gas station, and manage to blow myself up because I thought it'd be funny to toss a lighter into a pool of gasoline right next to the station pump. : D

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2011, 03:06:14 pm »

My first game I started out in a normal house, with a hell of alot of good stuff in it. Found a trenchcoat, backpack, a steak knife, and some medical supplies. I then headed out to loot some more, after a little bit came across a house with alot of food in it. Jumped in through the window since the door was locked and immediately heard "Drop your weapon! And put your hands up!", I did what he said since you know he had a gun. He the continued to take all of my stuff, but then a zombie broke in through a window. He turned to start shooting at him and while he was pre occupied I punched him a few times and he died. I quickly took all of my stuff back along with his and ran the hell out of there. Unfortunately I was attacked by a zombie in the head, ruining my glasses. I took the nearsighted perk, so I couldn't see a thing, I died right there after being swarmed by zombies.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2011, 03:07:06 pm »

If I wear a fuckload of t-shirts will I get all the defense bonus without being encumbered?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2011, 03:11:18 pm »

If I wear a fuckload of t-shirts will I get all the defense bonus without being encumbered?
You still get encumbered for wearing items, I put on a motocycle helmet once and my head got encumbered.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2011, 03:19:54 pm »

You still get encumbered for wearing items, I put on a motocycle helmet once and my head got encumbered.

But T-shirts give 0 encumbrance.  :P

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2011, 03:21:17 pm »

But T-shirts give 0 encumbrance.  :P
MUST, SCIENCE, THIS.
Welcome to Reality.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2011, 03:34:06 pm »

The game for some reason keeps automatically closing without any warning, really annoying. :(

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2011, 03:35:46 pm »

Is the online saving function disabled?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 777