Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1245624 times)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2011, 04:50:53 pm »

Hmm, just restating this, someone really should do an LP of this game!

So I stocked up on food, got a frying pan and glock 19 and left town, crossing a river and moving down to a science lab, battling zombies and such along the way. I finally found a house in the country and started dropping and organizing my items in the bedroom there, but then as I was clearing some fungaloids around the house they started totally massing up and hording me. That's when I died.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2011, 04:57:50 pm »

Okay I started another game as a Student. I started with practically nothing and started looting all of the houses around here. After a little bit I found a fire extinguisher and started using it to bash in zombie skulls. I then found a backpack, a purse, and some Cargo pants so I was pretty much set. On the way back to my safehouse a horde of zombies started chasing me, I was in intense pain and extremely close to death. After alot of running (and luck) I came across a large collection of already set traps in the middle of the street. I ran into the center of it and the horde of zombies just walked right into them, most of them were killed from the crossbow traps. I finished off the stragglers and then went around looking for stuff to heal myself with.

A day or so later, after being healed I made a wooden spear (which is an awesome starting melee weapon to make) I came across a guy named Charles. He was friendly so I invited him to join my group, he didn't want to so I offered to give him a wooden axe and a molotov to join. He did, and after a few minutes of walking we came across a screamer. Like the idiot he is he shot at it with his shotgun, alerting a horde to our presence. After dispatching the screamer with my spear, we ran the hell out of there. Then my game crashed, so yeah.

Also, has anyone came across a faction yet? I haven't met any.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2011, 05:01:02 pm »

Do Boomers actually do anything?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2011, 05:05:25 pm »

Do Boomers actually do anything?
They shoot bile, which blinds you and attracts zombies to you. I've only encountered Fast Zombies, Screamers, Spitters, and Boomers. Screamers well scream, alterting zombies to where you are. Fast zombies are faster than normal ones. Spitters spit out acid, which when stepped on hurts you.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2011, 05:33:59 pm »

The longer my game goes, the more it crashes.  Has anyone successfully compiled it to play offline in windows?

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2011, 05:43:14 pm »

Has anyone else noticed that you have to eat and drink MASSIVE amounts of food and water to not die?

Also, I've got it setup in a linux VM if anyone wants to know how to setup the VM, compile it and everything then just PM me.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 05:47:48 pm by x2yzh9 »

Infuriated

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2011, 05:45:54 pm »

Is there a way to keep your saves? I've saved on exit but that character is never on the load menu.

Also, if anyone figures out how to compile it, please upload it somewhere so everyone else can just grab it.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2011, 05:52:44 pm »

I just encountered a new zombie, well kinda. While looting a house, I found a zombie corpse titled "Zombie Necromancer Corpse". I remember asking my companion for advice, and he said "You should butcher corpses, even if your not going to eat any of it. I've seen other zombies bring them back!", so I assume that kind of zombie can bring other ones back to life if the corpse isn't burned/butchered.
Welcome to Reality.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2011, 06:08:41 pm »

OK so I noticed in the movement help menu it says you can use the right numpad to move, but when I use it I can't move with it.  Like 4 is for throwing and pressing 1 2 or 3 says "you are not wielding anything".  What am I doing wrong?

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2011, 06:09:34 pm »

So I asked an NPC who had a health pack to heal me, instead he bugged out and ate all his 4 or so pounds of cocaine, then immediately died.

Also, how do you save?

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2011, 06:11:41 pm »

OK so I noticed in the movement help menu it says you can use the right numpad to move, but when I use it I can't move with it.  Like 4 is for throwing and pressing 1 2 or 3 says "you are not wielding anything".  What am I doing wrong?
Turn numlock on?
So I asked an NPC who had a health pack to heal me, instead he bugged out and ate all his 4 or so pounds of cocaine, then immediately died.

Also, how do you save?

Shift+s, then shift+y

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2011, 06:17:16 pm »

Yeah I have numlock on and it's still doing that.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2011, 06:26:47 pm »

Turn numlock off, perhaps? As the game allows the arrow keys and most keypads are set to arrow keys when the numlock is off. Just a guess, however.

Is there a way to keep your saves? I've saved on exit but that character is never on the load menu.

Also, if anyone figures out how to compile it, please upload it somewhere so everyone else can just grab it.
Are you playing online? If you are someone else mentioned having a problem as well:

Is the online saving function disabled?

To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2011, 06:34:23 pm »

Yeah I have numlock on and it's still doing that.

On Putty:
Terminal>Keyboard
Initial state of numeric Keypad -> change it to Nethack.

also SHOCKING ZOMBIES WHAT THE FUCK

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2011, 06:42:02 pm »

You think shocking zombies are bad? Try out the zombie hulks. I got one into the explosion of a gas station, and it didn't die. Oh, also, they can run faster than you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 777