Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1245576 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2011, 06:46:37 pm »

Found my first bionic implant, on the dead of what I assume was a dead scientist. I tried to instal myself with a built in toolset, with a 72% chance of success. I messed up and killed myself, fuck.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2011, 06:55:21 pm »

You think shocking zombies are bad? Try out the zombie hulks. I got one into the explosion of a gas station, and it didn't die. Oh, also, they can run faster than you.
You think shocking zombies are bad? Try out roving bands of wolves.
They surround you, move much faster than you, and then attack you nine times per turn, killing you very quickly even if you are wearing bulletproof armor.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2011, 06:59:53 pm »

I wanna try this but then I look at Putty and sigh. Effort.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2011, 07:03:30 pm »

I wanna try this but then I look at Putty and sigh. Effort.
PuTTY itself is not that much effort. It's the whole public encyption key and converting said key that is effort.

Perhaps I could try to host a private server for Bay12 members? I'd have to look into running the computer as an SSH server without allowing people to mess up my computer though.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2011, 07:07:16 pm »

Did anyone here manage to compile it and stuff to play it on Windows?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 07:16:19 pm by Bitoru »

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2011, 07:18:48 pm »

Did anyone here manage to compile it and stuff to play it on Windows?
I don't think so, but I can put up a guide on how to setup a Virtual machine and setup linux(ubuntu) and how to compile it and run it on linux. The linux version I've found is more stable and stuff.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2011, 07:28:02 pm »

Well I found the Science Lab, immediately spotted a "Disector" I had no idea what it was so I tried to disarm it. Bad idea, I was killed by a lazer.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2011, 07:30:35 pm »

Well I found the Science Lab, immediately spotted a "Disector" I had no idea what it was so I tried to disarm it. Bad idea, I was killed by a lazer.
I am quite curious as to what is in the Science Lab. The one time there were bodies nearby with ID cards was when I didn't know how to open the door. Now I can't find them anywhere xD

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2011, 07:34:13 pm »

I am quite curious as to what is in the Science Lab. The one time there were bodies nearby with ID cards was when I didn't know how to open the door. Now I can't find them anywhere xD
Well if you use your map, you can practically teleport inside the Science Lab. I once found like 5 human bodies all with ID cards. After going there a second time, I went downstairs. I forgot I didn't have a flashlight, but went screw it. I looked around and noticed I got alot of messages saying things like "You feel hot" or something like that. Then it started saying "You are having a heatstroke", after that got over a zombie scientist attacked me, I killed him but the fucking manhacks starting attacking me. Needless to say I died a horrible death.
Welcome to Reality.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2011, 07:46:38 pm »

I've only played two games + one going on so far xD. The first I didn't know how to open the door with the ID card, and the second there were NO ID cards around.

Also, shotguns are not sniper rifles. You learn something new every day! (And that fact will save you 4x the amount of ammo you were using before. Shotguns might as well be extremely powerful melee weapons.)

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2011, 07:56:07 pm »

Can you open manholes or anything?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2011, 07:56:50 pm »

Here's basically how I start every game. Loot house for any good items, look around for backpack/purse/trenchcoat/cargopants, then get a mop and a knife and make a wooden spear. Next step is rampage, I got my dodge up to level 20 doing this, my game then crashed but it was awesome! Im still desperately trying to find factions, maybe I have to find other towns by going into the unexplored areas?

And Bitoru I assume you could probally open them using a crowbar, im going to test that out once I actually make/get one.
Welcome to Reality.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2011, 08:01:20 pm »

Can you open manholes or anything?
I was just about to comment about that.

Although I have not found a way to open manholes, I DID find a way into the extensive sewer system. I explored for a bit, but then my flashlight ran out. (I sort of forgot it was dark in there..).

But watch out, the C.H.U.D.s are worse than the zombies. But the water is completely drinkable.

Spoiler: How to get in (click to show/hide)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2011, 08:04:18 pm »

Just walked into a fort, there is people in there just not alot. I found three people in there, but there are a hell of alot of rooms with owned items in it. I also found out that if you are on the inside of a building, and an NPC wants to get to your location. They will smash a window to get to you. This is extremely annoying since that can attract zombies.

Also, I love choosing the Andriod Perk. I recently got a Hand lazer from it, its a fucking awesome starting weapon.
Welcome to Reality.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2011, 08:13:56 pm »

...how do I find out what random bionic implant I got?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 777