Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1260389 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2011, 08:16:04 pm »

...how do I find out what random bionic implant I got?
Press p, you should see it. You start out with a built in furnace all of the time though, and every time you use an implant it takes away power. So to keep yourself powered up you need to take organic materials and consume them.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2011, 08:21:41 pm »

"Advanced hearing".

Does that mean I can listen to an MP3 player and still hear the zombies coming?

What does hearing even do anyway? Wake you up when sleeping?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2011, 08:24:33 pm »

"Advanced hearing".

Does that mean I can listen to an MP3 player and still hear the zombies coming?

What does hearing even do anyway? Wake you up when sleeping?
I believe it means that you can hear further distances. Hearing is used for waking up when your sleeping, and how far you can hear something hitting/breaking/whatever. Like when a zombie breaks through glass, and your nearby you'll get the message "You hear the sound of glass breaking to the northeast".
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2011, 08:26:18 pm »

Ooooh, this game! I have only one question: Does it work for Windows yet?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2011, 08:30:03 pm »

Ooooh, this game! I have only one question: Does it work for Windows yet?
You have to compile it yourself. I don't know if anyone else here has tried yet though.

You can play it via SSH online from any system, though, see my guide in the first post.

ALSO, if you get that whole NPC is following you spam, type ~ to turn off debugging mode.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2011, 08:34:30 pm »

Passed the tutorial, now I'm making my own character.  Do you guys tend to put points into stats or into perks?  Also which of the bad perks aren't really too bad?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2011, 08:47:59 pm »

Passed the tutorial, now I'm making my own character.  Do you guys tend to put points into stats or into perks?  Also which of the bad perks aren't really too bad?
I put my points into stats/skills. A good starting character would be on with good strength, since melee weapons are easy to find and you'll be able to carry alot. I suppose Vegetarian isn't that big of a deal, there's plenty of vegetables around town. Heavy sleeper also isn't bad as long as you have traps to protect you.
Welcome to Reality.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2011, 08:50:18 pm »

What are your thoughts on Glass Jaw/Trigger Happy/Near Sighted?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2011, 08:53:19 pm »

Glass Jaw depends, i've taken it a few times and it's not that big of a deal if you have high health/protective armor/high dodge skill/medical supplies. Trigger Happy is annoying, but does nothing more than waste ammo. Near sighted also isn't a big deal since its relatively easy to find glasses.
Welcome to Reality.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2011, 08:53:59 pm »

Glass Jaw/Trigger Happy I usually use, however not Near Sighted as your eyeglasses can break.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2011, 08:54:54 pm »

Glass Jaw/Trigger Happy I usually use, however not Near Sighted as your eyeglasses can break.
Yeah but only if you get hit in the head alot, besides I just carry multiple glasses with me.
Welcome to Reality.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2011, 08:59:26 pm »

Now I'm having trouble choosing the positive perks. Hah.  I chose Quick and Gourmand so far.  Any other positive perks that you guys recommend.  Thanks in advance for all your input.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2011, 09:00:27 pm »

Now I'm having trouble choosing the positive perks. Hah.  I chose Quick and Gourmand so far.  Any other positive perks that you guys recommend.  Thanks in advance for all your input.
Fast Learner is a nice one, Android is also fun to have at the start. But I really suggest focusing on stats and skills, most of the perks either cost to much or are meh.
Welcome to Reality.

Infuriated

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2011, 09:02:36 pm »

I usually pick based on my planned play style/tactics that I'll use once I'm in the game world, usually picking the defects that'll hinder my goals the least.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2011, 09:09:04 pm »

So how useful is that dog in the beginning? I accidentally quick traveled and now he is gone :(
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 777