Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1260375 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #1770 on: July 16, 2011, 05:44:58 pm »

Pretty sure none of the damage modifiers have actual effects, do they? I thought they just tracked how close the item was to being destroyed.

So... Any help on red skills? My skills have almost all turned red and stopped going up at this point, and I don't understand why. O_O
Are you in pain? Did you take alot of bad drugs? Are you perhaps dead?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: July 16, 2011, 05:52:08 pm »

No, yes but this happened before that, and I don't seem to be.

Yay, tailoring has gone from red to blue again after I crafted some stuff with it. Maybe it just means its at zero percent experience? Still seems a bit odd, especially considering how many of them are at it...

Edit:
Hahaha. I just killed a rabbit by pegging it with a squirrel. That was great.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 05:56:06 pm by GlyphGryph »

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: July 16, 2011, 06:00:11 pm »

Perhaps they're starting to "rust"? IIRC, the description of the "Forgetful" trait said that skills would erode faster if you took it, implying that they already do normally. Would also explain why it went back to blue after practicing them.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: July 16, 2011, 06:13:08 pm »

Has anyone called for help with a two way radio? What does it do?  Also, on my faction list I have one faction listed like 15 times.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: July 16, 2011, 06:21:05 pm »

Two way radio is for NPCs, which aren't in at the moment. Just strip them of batteries and get rid of em.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: July 16, 2011, 06:28:17 pm »

Rust, eh? Maybe... it's kind of odd though, I've been bashing things all right up, but both my melee and bashing are stuck at 5.

Edit:
Woot, just stumbles across 7 crossbows, haha. Now I get to try out these silent but deadly weapons everyone has been raving about... well, if I can get to a freaking tree to make some ammo, I guess. Don't think its going to replace my modified H&K G3 though, especially since I've got like 30 clips of ammo for the thing.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 06:31:05 pm by GlyphGryph »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: July 16, 2011, 06:29:03 pm »

Rust, eh? Maybe... it's kind of odd though, I've been bashing things all right up, but both my melee and bashing are stuck at 5.
Your morale has to be high to gain experience in your skills. So read a book or get smashed on alchohol, whatever floats your boat.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Improbability

• Bay Watcher
  • Subtitle
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: July 16, 2011, 06:31:10 pm »

Be careful though, some books actually reduce morale by a minor amount. Go for marijuana, vodka, and an MP3 player if you have spare batteries.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: July 16, 2011, 06:43:13 pm »

Have tons of experience, and my other skills are going up just fine, thats not the problem.

And BD, its experience you need to gain skills, not morale. Morale is just to gain experience. :P

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: July 16, 2011, 06:44:41 pm »

I've finally got a decent safehouse set up.
The hardware store I found had a hacksaw, a hammer, a hatchet, 200 nails and a screwdriver in it.
I don't think I've ever found so many useful tools in one sitting before
*Hugs*

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: July 16, 2011, 06:48:49 pm »

Just noticed the crafting recipe for batteries... Are there lemon trees anywhere?  I've never ran into a lemon before.

EDIT: Whales should add in rural houses with a farm plot in the back, with trees that provide fruit seasonally!  Lemons/apples etc.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 06:55:12 pm by Tnx »

Improbability

• Bay Watcher
  • Subtitle
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: July 16, 2011, 06:54:09 pm »

New character, android trait. Started with Adamantium claws, one-shotting zombies with zero unarmed skill. Perhaps a little overpowered, but fun nonetheless. Just grabbed a shotgun, fired it a couple times, put the earbuds in, and absolutely slaughtered the hoard that came running. Easy skill boost.

Just noticed the crafting recipe for batteries... Are there lemon trees anywhere?  I've never ran into a lemon before.

From what I can recall, they spawn really rarely in grocery stores and maybe homes. I've encountered a grand total of one.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: July 16, 2011, 06:55:35 pm »

Okay, even weirder... my xp DOES go down while I'm fighting, meaning the skill points should be going somewhere, but the skills stay at lv5 0%.

Improbability

• Bay Watcher
  • Subtitle
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: July 16, 2011, 07:12:23 pm »

I think fighting causes XP to go down even if it isn't going towards your skills, but I honestly have no sure idea. Either way, going into combat while having XP in reserve is generally a good idea.

Okay, even weirder... my xp DOES go down while I'm fighting, meaning the skill points should be going somewhere, but the skills stay at lv5 0%.

This may be a stupid question, but are you sure you're fighting with a weapon in your hands?

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: July 16, 2011, 07:13:34 pm »

On the topic of XP, can a skill at say 3.00 and RED degrade down a level?
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 777