Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1260360 times)

Ordokai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #4365 on: August 03, 2011, 04:31:20 pm »

btw has the in-game manual been updated with the new directional drop command ?

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4366 on: August 03, 2011, 04:42:25 pm »

Oh yeah, has the item re lettering system been implemented yet? You know, with the = key.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4367 on: August 03, 2011, 04:47:34 pm »

Oh yeah, has the item re lettering system been implemented yet? You know, with the = key.

Yes, forgot to add it to in-game help though, will do so.

btw has the in-game manual been updated with the new directional drop command ?

Yes, albeit a bit messily.  I really want to have only 1 page of commands to avoid overwhelming new players, but it's getting a bit cluttered.

Well, the issue arises when optimal gameplay is boring gameplay.  This is a problem that plagues things like WoW, Pokemon, etc.  I really want to avoid optimal gameplay and boring gameplay overlapping more than just a tiny bit.

Well ... then maybe you should implement a schedule where i can enter "drink 2 whiskey, smoke 2 cigarettes, smoke 2 marijuna every 2 hours". I really have to work to get those bottles, bags and boxes empty. ;)

[EDIT] ... you might want to reduce booze charges, btw. [/EDIT]

I'm working on overhauling the morale system so that it's not such a pain to manage.  You're right, as it is it's basically about using a comestible twice, waiting for half its morale bonus to go away, using it once, repeat repeat--an annoying chore.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4368 on: August 03, 2011, 04:53:00 pm »

[EDIT] ... you might want to reduce booze charges, btw. [/EDIT]
This. I mean, you can get like 20 drinks out of one bottle. Well, you wouldn't drink the whole bottle at once, obviously, but 20? That's kind of a lot.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #4369 on: August 03, 2011, 05:05:34 pm »

Especially when it only takes two to qualify as drunk.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #4370 on: August 03, 2011, 05:08:33 pm »

Fun. I started a character with Asthmatic, Bad Back, and Near Sighted. Used the points to get Quick, Robust Genetics, and Fleet Footed, plus an extra stat point (15 int, im a crippled genius).

I start outside a house with a locked door. I bash it down and go inside. Find various junk, and a basement. Go in basement and look around (no flashlight yet so I have to use the 1 tile radius to explore the place). Turns out the basement is some kind of lab or something. On the counter I find all sorts of chemicals, including a purifier and a mutagen. I drink the purifier, which removes ALL THREE of my negative starting picks. I drink the mutagen and get infrared vision, which apparently allows me to see living things through walls as red ?s.

Interesting start :D
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4371 on: August 03, 2011, 05:11:27 pm »

Fun. I started a character with Asthmatic, Bad Back, and Near Sighted. Used the points to get Quick, Robust Genetics, and Fleet Footed, plus an extra stat point (15 int, im a crippled genius).

I start outside a house with a locked door. I bash it down and go inside. Find various junk, and a basement. Go in basement and look around (no flashlight yet so I have to use the 1 tile radius to explore the place). Turns out the basement is some kind of lab or something. On the counter I find all sorts of chemicals, including a purifier and a mutagen. I drink the purifier, which removes ALL THREE of my negative starting picks. I drink the mutagen and get infrared vision, which apparently allows me to see living things through walls as red ?s.

Interesting start :D

I believe you stepped on a Leprechaun on your way into the basement xD

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4372 on: August 03, 2011, 05:28:51 pm »

aHey guys i've found goo canisters and i have no idea what to do with those, i found em in a bank vault cause i trained my computer skilll my char is a hacker survivalist

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4373 on: August 03, 2011, 05:29:56 pm »

Goo canister spreads goo pits and spawns a friendly goo monster who defends you. It dies pretty quickly though, I usually just carry it around as a decoy for when I'm low on health and getting chased by a horde.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4374 on: August 03, 2011, 05:33:44 pm »

Do i apply it?

Edit: or do i throw it?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 05:35:20 pm by toupz »

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4375 on: August 03, 2011, 05:46:54 pm »

Im in a science laband when i press 2 to download map data on a console, nothinghappens...bug?

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4376 on: August 03, 2011, 05:50:53 pm »

Do i apply it?

'a'pply it.

And yeah, they're awesome. While weak, they're fast and as such great for hunting trips, as they'll quickly kill any squirrels and rabbits.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4377 on: August 03, 2011, 05:52:32 pm »

Do i apply it?

'a'pply it.

And yeah, they're awesome. While weak, they're fast and as such great for hunting trips, as they'll quickly kill any squirrels and rabbits.
I think it's much more satisfying to fling scissors at small animals to kill them when hunting.
Just because I like the idea of slinging scissors at things.
*Hugs*

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4378 on: August 03, 2011, 06:16:41 pm »

Im in a science laband when i press 2 to download map data on a console, nothinghappens...bug?
It's for the surface. Go back up and you'll find that your map has been greatly expanded!... unless you did the debug thing where you can see the whole world.
Do i apply it?

'a'pply it.

I think it's much more satisfying to fling scissors at small animals to kill them when hunting.
Just because I like the idea of slinging scissors at things.
I just throw rocks. I think I'm too grounded in mundane throwing weapons.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4379 on: August 03, 2011, 06:18:33 pm »

I wish we could throw 1 item at a time. For now, when you throw crossbow bolts, the char just flings the whole stack.
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 777