Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1245848 times)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #4635 on: August 06, 2011, 10:33:14 am »

Well, I made some turrets and activated them, but they didn't shoot the incoming zombie hoard. So I just got owned by about 50 zombies. :P
That's fixed for the next release. (Might even be already in Whales' git.)
Or a misprogram of said turret. You need some computer skill to actually set it up correctly, I believe, as they'll sometimes shoot you down for a misprogram.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: August 06, 2011, 10:35:16 am »

Deon i can't see myself on the minimap in your tileset version, and when i press m i have no crosshair to look around ;( is it normal

Ordokai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: August 06, 2011, 11:31:31 am »

Are there any running Let's Plays of Cataclysm barring Revocane's(still running?) and PlumpHelmetPunk's(stopped?)? Because of a WoW expansion it's very difficult to filter youtube for this game xD

Most search engines, including youtube, support the exclusion command, try 'cataclysm -wow'.  Though thats still a popular word, just sounds so.... epic.

On an unrelated note, how goes the construction update ?

I tried "cataclysm roguelike", "cataclysm whales", "cataclysm zombie", "cataclysm -wow", "cataclysm -wow -warcraft -blizzard -goblin, today" before posting.

EDIT: I mean, why would I ask otherwise?

I suspect you would have more luck searching the streaming sites, or going for letsplays off google with the -wow. Ultimately though, game is in its infancy and public awareness is minimal still.

Are there any running Let's Plays of Cataclysm barring Revocane's(still running?) and PlumpHelmetPunk's(stopped?)? Because of a WoW expansion it's very difficult to filter youtube for this game xD

I have been wanting to do a LP of Cataclysm ever since I started playing it. However, I can't find a program that can actually record the game. :(

Any program that can record your desktop will record the game.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 11:34:08 am by Ordokai »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: August 06, 2011, 11:33:10 am »

The minimap will be fixed in the next version.

Here's the release 4.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0705tq0jeib864x

The "x"-examine command now has a crosshair, corpses look as corpses and more items were added. Cib fixes stuff really fast.

Deon your tileset version fucks up my screen, i play on 800 x 600 and the text is way too big and the window is larger then normal why?
Because the tiles are 12x16 and the window is of a fixed width. You have to set at least 1024 screen width to see the whole game window.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

BoxMacLeod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: August 06, 2011, 12:00:09 pm »

Well, I've tried Fraps and I've tried CamStudio. Neither has worked. Though I suppose if I recorded the entire desktop via Fraps, that might do it..

I just don't want my whole desktop in the video. I wonder if I could just crop it..

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: August 06, 2011, 12:07:54 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cataclysm+roguelike seems to have very relevant results.
My posting here, and development speed, will be greatly slowed over the next couple weeks as I'm dealing with some family issues.  Thanks to everyone for your interest and support!
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: August 06, 2011, 12:10:00 pm »

My posting here, and development speed, will be greatly slowed over the next couple weeks as I'm dealing with some family issues.  Thanks to everyone for your interest and support!
We'll always be here to back you up. Don't worry about us, take your time and resolve your issues.

Ordokai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: August 06, 2011, 12:10:43 pm »

Well, I've tried Fraps and I've tried CamStudio. Neither has worked. Though I suppose if I recorded the entire desktop via Fraps, that might do it..

I just don't want my whole desktop in the video. I wonder if I could just crop it..

Oh yeah I see what you mean, ofc they wont be able to capture the terminal window separately. Record the whole desktop and crop it out as you said (easy even with most free and/or basic editing tools), unless your software can record only part of the screen which I know most streaming progs can.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cataclysm+roguelike seems to have very relevant results.

And the construction update was so near too noooooo. But yeah, take your time mate I know I'm here to stay ^_^
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 12:18:30 pm by Ordokai »

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: August 06, 2011, 12:14:16 pm »

It's really easy to crop it in more sophisticated video editing problems (that is, anything but Windows Movie Maker :P)

I'd reccomend Adobe Premiere, since Sony Vegas lags like shit.

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: August 06, 2011, 12:18:55 pm »

I tried this game but I found it really fucking difficult. everytime i walk a while i get ambushed by about 20 enemies from every direction. Am i just playing a difficult mod or something? i only manage to kill about 10 enemies

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: August 06, 2011, 12:20:48 pm »

Don't take Z on out in the open.
Smash down a door when you start and wield the 2x4, it's a decent weapon until you can get something better. And always bottleneck zombies, never let them surround you, if you can take them on from behind a window it's even better.
*Hugs*

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: August 06, 2011, 12:35:44 pm »

Also, you generally don't attract that many zeds "just walking". Sure you aren't doing anything else?

And what are you killing them with? Thats important too.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: August 06, 2011, 12:39:16 pm »

Also it's better to run than to fight in most cases. It's not a gauntlet :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: August 06, 2011, 12:40:32 pm »

^That's true as well^
Generally if you're just trying to get somewhere and encounter zombies on the way, it's better to run.
Fighting is for when you get to the destination and encounter zombies.
*Hugs*

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #4649 on: August 06, 2011, 12:50:58 pm »

Whales: Perhaps you could release the unfinished update, and we could do some work on it?

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 777