Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1246685 times)

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #7440 on: October 28, 2011, 12:50:45 pm »

PD: guess what: fungal blooms are highly flammable. Toss a couple of molotovs anywhere near the spire and the ensuing blaze will do the rest.

I hate fungus. I can see a point in not exterminating all triffid queens, as at least triffs are edible,  but I don't see upsides to fungal spawns

Actually, the spire itself is fire-proof.  However, it's true, fire will soar across the fungal growth, and destroy the fungal walls, which are the only real danger there, leaving you to take pot-shots at the spire.  Just make sure that you don't get yourself trapped by the sweeping flames, as I just did when testing this tactic to make sure ;)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 12:52:39 pm by Whales »
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7441 on: October 28, 2011, 12:53:28 pm »

hmm, I've revisited the spot and there's no spire anymore. Are you sure it's fully fireproof?

Assuming it's dead, how long does it take for the fungijerks to die off again?  :P

(granted, srictly speaking, fungal monsters are nowhere near as dangerous as triffids, or even special zombies. It's just that I live in fear of the fungal infection syndrome, which granted, I've never gotten and am not too sure on how does one get infected, but still, I regarded as a priority to erradicate the pests from my neighbourhood. Not least because they were too damn close to the only basemented house I've found)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 12:57:04 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7442 on: October 28, 2011, 02:20:47 pm »

It's a 20% decrease per day; that's a half-life of about 3 days.  I'm sure it's fully fireproof, but due to an imperfect spawning system, running away and coming back might not make the spire reappear--in which case, you won't get the benefit of it dying!
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7443 on: October 28, 2011, 02:26:03 pm »

Hmm it would be cool if we could make everything written in "The Anarchist Cookbook" to be possible, you know, making touch sensitive explosives from iodine crystals and all.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7444 on: October 28, 2011, 03:18:01 pm »

I'm pretty sure not everything in The Anarchist Cookbook is even possible in reality. Depending on which version of it you're talking about, I guess.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7445 on: October 28, 2011, 03:29:19 pm »

Bug: when you dump a piece of meat three squares away from you, and keep one in your inv, and get prompted about which to use in a cooking recipe, if you select the one "slightly away", it wont disappear, nor will the one in your inventory, hence giving you an unlimited surplus of cooked meat.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7446 on: October 28, 2011, 04:54:52 pm »

We already have a portal gun generator.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I meant more like a gun that blinks your target around slightly, not a portal generator. At no time did I even mention portal so I have no idea why everybody followed that train of thought.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

CT

• Bay Watcher
  • Gah zombies!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7447 on: October 28, 2011, 06:28:59 pm »

Got a bug or something here. When I try to board up a window or door the game crashes. I am using the newest windows version.
No, yep. That's what I meant too. I want to come out of the theater completely fucked up for weeks.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7448 on: October 28, 2011, 07:30:46 pm »

Odd little thing I noticed.  Tried to create a character named "Steve"  Naturally the capital "S" in the name triggered the save this profile instead of letting me start the name with a capital "S".

Just a little thing though.  "steve" promptly got...eaten?... by a flying polyp.

P.S. Yes I am a damn dirty windows user.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 07:37:58 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

S.K. Ren

• Bay Watcher
  • I disbelieve and jump!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7449 on: October 28, 2011, 08:40:33 pm »

P.S. Yes I am a damn dirty windows user.

Speak for yourself. Not all of us are dirty, we are damned though :P
Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
xander_morhaime: Briefly.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7450 on: October 28, 2011, 09:19:27 pm »

And then God spoketh, "Gathereth all ye Macs and Linux and frolicking BSD and buildith them a rig to house them through the great virus storm. And if ye find any Windows, stone them for they are damned for eternal damnation." Amen.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7451 on: October 28, 2011, 09:22:33 pm »

I think it would be funny if Mac or Linux suddenly became more popular than Windows, because a lot of people who write Windows viruses would move to the more popular OS and neither Mac nor Linux have as much antivirus support as Windows does. It would be like War of the Worlds with computers instead of aliens.
Nothing important here, move along.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7452 on: October 28, 2011, 09:30:50 pm »

Maybe for a year, but I'm pretty sure somebody would write a Mac antivirus from scratch if there's money to be made. And since this is Apple costumers we're talking about, there's always money to be made.

But I digress, that's all very off topic.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7453 on: October 29, 2011, 06:37:31 am »

Another bug: when cooking, sometimes the fire spreads under you, yet you don't stop cooking. This results in burned off legs, which in practice is an instagameover if *anything* happens to wander over.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 06:39:13 am by ChairmanPoo »

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #7454 on: October 29, 2011, 11:29:20 am »

I've just been exploring mines, fun stuff. However, I got the purple wall ending, killed the monsters and now I can't move away. Anyone have any advice? If I can escape from the mine there's a fusion gun waiting for me.
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.
Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 777