Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263375 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #7845 on: November 11, 2011, 01:32:54 pm »

speaking of which, is there any way to see the kill list without quitting the game?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7846 on: November 11, 2011, 01:51:35 pm »

I too would like to be able to see my kill list.  I am currently on my longest lasting character to date and am curious what my kill list looks like.  I seem to be doing horrible, horrible things with a shotgun with an enhanced grip and a bayonet attached.  Who needs a real melee weapon?  I have a pointed boomstick.

Also minor bug/unimplemented feature.   Burned down buildings still protect from acid rain.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7847 on: November 11, 2011, 01:52:39 pm »

Floating rooves of course :P
*Hugs*

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7848 on: November 11, 2011, 01:56:02 pm »

Well it was amusing pinning combine soldiers to walls with what basically amounted to a really fast moving blunt object.  Really I don't think the bar of rebar being so hot as to be red added much to the actual damage output besides awesome factor.

Anywho, slightly off topic I remember pressing a button a few versions ago that showed me my addiction levels?  Does that still exist?  Dosn't seem to be in the list of buttons.

I imagine the heat contributed to its armor-piercing capabilities a bit, much like incendiary bullets do.

Viewing your addiction levels was a debug tool; I think you can still get it via the Z cheat menu, and choosing "view game state."  But it's not information you're supposed to know.

speaking of which, is there any way to see the kill list without quitting the game?

No, but pretty soon I'm going to overhaul the @ menu and put in a "record" screen or something, with kill counts, maybe a kills per hour, number of miles traveled, number of bullets fired, etc.

Is there anything that can detect you when you're using the cloaking bionic? I managed to get it installed and it lets me walk right past military turrets. I know that giant bees can't detect (or defend from) you when you have the olfactory mask on.

Anything that smells or hears you can detect you if you're using the cloaking bionic.  Bees don't even really see you--they track you primarily by scent, so using the cloaking bionic around them is entirely pointless.

I've also wondered for a while about this:

are bar fridges supposed to work for some reason? or is finding unspoilt food in them a bug?

If the former: can we keep stuff from spoiling by stashing it in bars?

Not strictly a bug, but it was Deon (bars come from DLM if I remember correctly) being bad :P  Fixed, thank you.

Floating rooves of course :P

Yup :P  I haven't yet coded in a "check if buildings are still stable and make the roof collapse" function, and I'm not sure I want to--it'd take a while and slow things up.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7849 on: November 11, 2011, 01:57:10 pm »

It's the future, they're held up by clouds of nanobots or something.
*Hugs*

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7850 on: November 11, 2011, 02:24:29 pm »

We could assume that some kind of wrecked hole remains in the place of the building, with enough debris overhead to cover you from acid rain.

How about spawning more rubble inside the building, in this way?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7851 on: November 11, 2011, 03:06:43 pm »

Finally found a science ID; and got inside a lab. I got unlucky, though: it was one of the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
sort of labs and was plagued with
and
so I decided to break off my raiding trip, get another science card, and try at another lab.

I still got the bare essential cybernetic implants (internal furnace, metabolic interchange, toolset, miniflamethrower, and craneal flashlight), so all in all, the trip was productive.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7852 on: November 12, 2011, 11:26:40 am »

I has haus.
*Hugs*

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7853 on: November 12, 2011, 11:44:08 am »

I once found a house near a forest. I don't mean near a road or anything. Directly on the edge of a forest. It was a while away from the town. It was perfectly like a normal house, the problem was that there was not a single person inside. This is not unusual in this world, but it got me thinking. Then, I explored around. A few tiles away was a collection of shotgun, crossbow, pit and spike traps. No corpse. None of them were triggered.

No corpses anywhere. The fridge was filled with food. Nearby is a last stand, but it couldn't have been a last stand. What the hell happened here?

My theory.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7854 on: November 12, 2011, 11:45:08 am »

Whales added in woodland houses a while back, and the trap field is just one of the map extras.
*Hugs*

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7855 on: November 12, 2011, 11:47:47 am »

Idea: Add in descriptions for specific corpses.

Died by being hit: "This corpse has bruises and cuts all over it's body."
Died via suicide: "This corpse has two slashes on it's wrists, horizontal/Has a broken shotgun in-between it's knees, and has the blown off remnants of a head."
Died... How? "This body's organs have been ripped out and haphazardly replaced."

Occasionally put the first two in random houses, bars, labs... Might be fun. Always put the third in Woodland houses.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7856 on: November 12, 2011, 12:19:38 pm »

Log wall? has there been an update?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7857 on: November 12, 2011, 12:24:09 pm »

Mod for the windows version.
Linky
*Hugs*

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #7858 on: November 12, 2011, 04:04:14 pm »

StAGoB Engine (slaves to armok god of blood) would be cool for this game,.......

SOMEONE INJECT WHALES WITH CASH!!

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Blackray Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • You can run but you can't die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7859 on: November 12, 2011, 06:50:22 pm »

Who else plays on the server using the putty client? I know it's not really recommended due to the many player-one world formula but in a way it's pretty damn fun if not a little annoying to find supplies that you need, stumbling in on other dudes' safehouses, etc.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 08:50:21 pm by Blackray Jack »
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 777