Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 645 646 [647] 648 649 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1246976 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #9690 on: June 06, 2012, 04:42:46 pm »

One time I got adamantine claws. Let me tell you, that really cuts down on the stress of running around frantically searching for melee weapons, because the only melee weapon you need is your hands.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9691 on: June 06, 2012, 04:57:28 pm »

I got the talons mutation back before the mutation update.  That was pretty boss.  Became pretty easy to rend zombies by hand - not by some wolverine claws but using my bare hands.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #9692 on: June 06, 2012, 05:02:22 pm »

I got some bionic once which increased my strength my 10 or 20 or so.
I killed a hulk with a wooden plank :D

Argwm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9693 on: June 06, 2012, 05:15:54 pm »

I used to constantly pick Android for every character I had until I became better at Lab Raiding, Now I traded it in for optimist and poison resistance.

Sadly, Back whenever I used to choose Android, Every single evac shelter had at least one or two dead bodies in them, from suicide of having metabolic, Nower days, I'm running with 200+ pow, with most CBM's.
Those nutritional cbm's must be increadible rare, I find super soldiers and medics much more often.

Nothing like the feeling of glee of finding a CBM wreckage.
And no feeling like the disappointment of finding an empty wreckage...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9694 on: June 06, 2012, 05:17:21 pm »

Think the fusion arm cannon from the third Terminator movie, except you're stuck like that and can't hold any 2-handed weapons. So in other words, complete shit.

What? That sounds like the most incredibly badass character ever.

But in terms of practicality, you'll need a ton of batteries and multiple power sources to use it in any sort of sustained battle. It might be doable if you've got the ethanol burner and blood filter, plus a few hundred bottles of vodka hidden somewhere. But in any case, you're giving up access to every two-handed weapon in the game, including the fusion rifle, which is the exact same thing except that it uses fusion cells rather than internal power and in that it doesn't cripple your ranged combat ability.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9695 on: June 06, 2012, 05:22:57 pm »

Actually finding hundreds of bottles of vodka is easy.  Booze is the most plentiful resources, with dozens of bottles in one liqueur store, making it the most prolific power source, especially if you've got blood filter to remove the hangover.  It's astounding the amount of power you can generate with it.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9696 on: June 06, 2012, 07:10:46 pm »

I just found out the hard way that the eyebots do more than just float around.

cue 4 copbots, 20 zombies, 2 brutes, ~3 spitters, and a shocker chasing me through a town.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9697 on: June 06, 2012, 07:18:16 pm »

those eyebots can b enasty

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9698 on: June 06, 2012, 07:21:58 pm »

Where would one find the latest windows release?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9700 on: June 06, 2012, 07:41:35 pm »

Although most people are playing the vehicle mod, for good reason (it will be wrapped into the next release)

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9701 on: June 06, 2012, 07:47:58 pm »

One wish I have for the future of vehicles, continuous fuel pumping. In other words, instead of having to constantly go through the rigmarole of having to pump gas dozens of times to fill up a car, I simply use the gas pump once and enter in the direction of my vehicle, and it keeps going until it's full.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9702 on: June 06, 2012, 08:00:15 pm »

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CGEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.autohotkey.com%2F&ei=rPzPT4K_JonAhAe7oM3zCw&usg=AFQjCNFPilXcl_JZc0P02lpflIlG3G-Q-w

Code: (Press \ to use the pump on the left to fuel your vehicle above you) [Select]
#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

\::

sleep 100
send e ; examine
sleep 100
send h ; vikeys left
sleep 100
send Y ; yes we want to pump gas
sleep 100
send N ; no we don't want it on the ground
sleep 100
send Y ; yes we want to refill a vehicle
sleep 100
send k ; vikeys up

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9703 on: June 06, 2012, 10:19:24 pm »

Actually finding hundreds of bottles of vodka is easy.  Booze is the most plentiful resources, with dozens of bottles in one liqueur store, making it the most prolific power source, especially if you've got blood filter to remove the hangover.  It's astounding the amount of power you can generate with it.
I second this. You find ungodly amounts of booze in the liquor stores. Find a couple of those places and you'll have all the power you'll need for a good long time. All you need to tap this seemingly perfect power source is an ethanol burner and a blood filter, which is stupidly easy to find because you install them with hazmat CBMs, which spawn very frequently with dead scientists and in sewage treatment plants.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9704 on: June 06, 2012, 10:57:40 pm »

Although most people are playing the vehicle mod, for good reason (it will be wrapped into the next release)
So, the problem with vehicles not being saved will be fixed then? That really created some problems while save-scumming.
Pages: 1 ... 645 646 [647] 648 649 ... 777