Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Vampire fortress  (Read 25076 times)

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire fortress
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2011, 04:28:53 pm »

Also, I'm guessing only immigrant nobles would be vampires/necromancers without the aforementioned angry mob, and only if they survive worldgen without being found out.
The additional challenge is that necromancers run off to build towers in the wilderness. Won't always happen when the personality rewrite happens but until then, they always do it on the year they awaken their powers. Therefore you'd need an extremely well timed worldgen end to have a chance of a necromancer dwarf king showing up.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Calathar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2011, 06:00:30 pm »

In one of the Dwarf Fortress talks Toady mentioned that your fortress could have werewolves (multiple as well because werewolves currently don't attack each other).  He also jotted down a note to fix it so that your civilization doesn't end if all of your citizens become werewolves.

I'd say it's definitely possible for your fortress to become all vampires.

vhappylurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2011, 06:13:12 pm »

In one of the Dwarf Fortress talks Toady mentioned that your fortress could have werewolves (multiple as well because werewolves currently don't attack each other).  He also jotted down a note to fix it so that your civilization doesn't end if all of your citizens become werewolves.

Goals once my current fort dies: Create a werewolf fort. ^___^

KtosoX

• Bay Watcher
  • Playing DF since 18.08.2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2011, 06:23:27 pm »

Wait a minute, if they all become vampires, who will they feast on?
Build a grid of floor grates above the entire city. Draft a squadron of masons and bomb the crap out of the city with falling constructed walls.
The Geneva Convention would like to have a word with you.
Quote from: Aleksanderus
I have clicked "d" in a forge and look what it did!

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2011, 06:25:40 pm »

Wait a minute, if they all become vampires, who will they feast on?

Migrants, merchants and sieges.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2011, 07:57:21 pm »

They may actually be able to drink from your animals. Caged prisoners would be the desired goal, but toady might not permit them to respect caged prisoners as meals immediately.

Now, how would a were-rhesus macaque/other item/food thief fortress turn out? Steal a few thing and suddenly everyone runs off the map leaving the place abandoned? Hopefully not though it would be amusing...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2011, 08:06:11 pm »

Now, how would a were-rhesus macaque/other item/food thief fortress turn out? Steal a few thing and suddenly everyone runs off the map leaving the place abandoned? Hopefully not though it would be amusing...

A kobold were-rhesus macaque... now that would be intresting.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2011, 08:28:58 pm »

so the kobold steals something and on a fullmoon would he steal i back?
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2011, 05:24:09 pm »

Oooh... werewolves.
All new melee recruits must strip down and pass through corridor 1A in the biohazard section repeatedly until commanded otherwise. Don't hurt poor limbless Spike, even if he bites. You hurt him, you're crippling, catching, and chaining a new named werewolf.

(can you chain dwarf-killing tamed creatures? Might take an awful lot of haulers...)

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2011, 05:32:37 pm »

If all you care is having an all-werebeast or all-vampire fort then you may as well mod some booze to give the syndromes. After the !!SCIENCE!! is done then someone can try to get such a fort in a legit way.
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2011, 06:22:23 pm »

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2011, 07:56:24 pm »

Time to update my sig.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2011, 09:28:50 am »

Third sig! Whoo!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2011, 03:46:06 pm »

yep also just keep at it you'll get sigged one day
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2011, 10:01:49 pm »

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been obliterated for mentioning the forbidden name.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.
Pages: 1 [2] 3