Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 5 minutes ago, I lost 200 dwarves in the blink of an eye...  (Read 6525 times)

Flaming Toadstool

• Bay Watcher
  • Time stands still at the iron hill.
    • View Profile
Re: 5 minutes ago, I lost 200 dwarves in the blink of an eye...
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2011, 08:13:47 pm »

Probably the best part was when the enraged hens took out a berserker who'd broken a nest box.

Most definitely sigged.
Probably the best part was when the enraged hens took out a berserker who'd broken a nest box.

RCIX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2011, 10:39:53 pm »

The fort failed a mood and a mandate at the same time.  Casualty rate: 95%   Floor space covered in blood: 80%   Probably the best part was when the enraged hens took out a berserker who'd broken a nest box.
I can see it now:
Urist McBerserkDwarf swings his axe at the enraged Hen but the enraged Hen rolls out of the way!
the enraged hen scratches Urist McBerserkDwarf's [insert body part here], opening the skin and bruising the muscle! x4
Urist McBerserkDwarf swings his axe at the enraged Hen but the enraged Hen rolls out of the way!
the enraged hen scratches Urist McBerserkDwarf's [insert body part here], opening the skin and bruising the muscle! x4
Urist MicBerserkerDwarf gives into pain.

then multiple pages of the enraged hens scratching at the dwarf till they get a lucky headshot or heart shot in :P
Quote from: Naz
Quote from: dwarfhoplite
I suggest you don't think too much what you build and where. When ever you need something, build it as close as possible to where you need it. that way your fortress will eventually become epic
Because god knows your duke will demand a kitten silo in his office.
Quote from: Necro910
Dwarf Fortress: Where you aren't hallucinating.

jakeread1

• Bay Watcher
  • Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I got this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2011, 05:00:31 am »

The fort failed a mood and a mandate at the same time.  Casualty rate: 95%   Floor space covered in blood: 80%   Probably the best part was when the enraged hens took out a berserker who'd broken a nest box.

Dwarf 1: Well at least some good came out of this.

Dwarf 2: WHAT COULD POSSIBLY BE GOOD ABOUT THIS? MY DAUGHTER WAS TRAMPLED BY A WAR ELEPHANT!

Dwarf 1: Our economy is booming!

Dwarf 2: I find it hard to believe that the economy is booming when all the stores are filled with magma!

Dwarf 1: Well the coffin business is doing very well!

Dwarf 2 has gone beserk!

Dwarf 1 has been struck down

Fortress destroyed...
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 05:06:34 am by jakeread1 »
New Character awaits a epic black vs hood black vs straight up black fight!
http://www.youtube.com/user/jakeread1 <----- that there is my youtube channel!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2011, 06:35:15 am »

I practically never get tantrum spirals... However, I got a loyalty cascade today. I told by accident my squad to kill some cat who was standing in the middle of a battle. Only two dorfs survived, out of 187. One is walled inside the Northern Bunker and starving, the other is fleeing from the magma.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2011, 08:31:18 am »

Sadly I got rid of the map after a building destroyer destroyed a control valve and my FPS exploded. I'm trying to rebuild it on a new map with some modifications to make it more FPS friendly though. I'll post a thread about it when I'm done.
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2011, 09:51:21 am »

It's really just an expansion on basic power infrastructure and using fluids for repeaters. it's just explaining how I put all the pieces together that's hard. you should be able to figure it out by looking at what's already in the wiki.

I imagine the most nonobvious component would be the high-speed trigger described here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=62798.0
Pages: 1 [2]