Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: It knows all!  (Read 10907 times)

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
Re: It knows all!
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2011, 07:42:16 pm »

When I tried Cacame again to test, one of the early questions was if the character was a dwarf. Later questions were if he liked dwarves and lived underground.  :D  Akinator asked if he was female twice, though... First guess the second time was WoW orc. The second was Urist McDwarf. The third: Cacame!
I think it works on a probability algorithm so that a few wrong answers don't lead it completely astray. So if it's asking the same question twice, it's because he can rule out or pin down a character if the certainty of some statement goes up.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2011, 08:07:00 pm »

When I tried Cacame again to test, one of the early questions was if the character was a dwarf. Later questions were if he liked dwarves and lived underground.  :D  Akinator asked if he was female twice, though... First guess the second time was WoW orc. The second was Urist McDwarf. The third: Cacame!
I think it works on a probability algorithm so that a few wrong answers don't lead it completely astray. So if it's asking the same question twice, it's because he can rule out or pin down a character if the certainty of some statement goes up.
Hm...If I had any idea what a probability algorithm was, I'd probably agree with you.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

MetalGear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2011, 08:08:36 pm »

Holy shit, it knows Armok!

KurzedMetal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2011, 08:15:46 pm »

Muahahaha, he didn't guess Kyrre from Heroes of Might and Magic III (there is a list of heroes here)

EDIT: She was my favorite hero, i'm going to try Sandro, Yog, Crack Hack and Tazar, they are more used/popular

EDIT2: LOL, i was thinking of Tazar and he guessed Crack Hack the first try, guessed a HoMM V character for the 2nd time. I guess he isn't a fan of HoMM :P
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 08:37:59 pm by KurzedMetal »
Quote from: ARandomGuyOnTheInternet
When 80% of your fans use 3 different external programs simultaneously to play your game comfortably, you might need to stand back and think "Maybe...Maybe I should get around making a UI designed to be used by carbon-based entities, like mammals".

cameron1124

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2011, 08:53:04 pm »

it guessed denis nedry and admiral atvar

Funburns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2011, 12:59:45 am »

The Forgotten Beast Akinator Dotcom has come! A diminutive humanoid composed of internets. It has a long robe made of blue pixels and it knows and intones the names of all it encounters. Beware its timewasting capabilities!

Using silly graphics and inviting textual overtures, it will feed on your interest to slowly build an increasingly comprehensive yet questionably valuable database. I recommend walling it off below the clear glass floor in the dining hall and feeding it ambushes of forum trolls.

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2011, 02:53:17 am »

Defeated him four times: tristram shandy, panatagruel, dulcinea del toboso, bradamante...
He finally got me: Lady Penelope from Thunderbirds are Go!

Clearly, he can't be defeated with pop culture.  And whether you win or lose, you're just making Akinator stronger.

(The question, "does your character have human skin?" made me crack up though).

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2011, 12:01:40 pm »

Forgotten Beast: 1st guess Colossus from Shadow of the Colossus, then Nothing, then "Someone who keeps clicking on "probably not" to see what happens."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2011, 12:16:48 pm »

Holy shit, it knows Armok!
It took him like 5 tries but it knows armok!
I'm now gonna add armoks avatar as his picture...

EDIT: I added  Urist ''RakedRoughness'' Borushdumat (Dwarf Fortress)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 12:50:01 pm by Dutchling »

cameron1124

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2011, 04:10:46 pm »

he coudnt guess the elves

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2011, 07:36:47 pm »

First I tried to get Urist McDwarf, and he had no problem with it.

Second, I tried Lucy from Elfen Lied, and he guessed Haruhi first, but got it on the second try.

Next I tried Armok, and he gave up after 3 guesses.

Cacame is in there. He went through some elder scrolls characters first, but it's there.

Who programmed this thing? Or is it like wikipedia and anyone can edit it. Scratch that, after he gave up on Armok, he asked me if it was anything on a list, and I chose the option to put in a new name. This thing is awesome.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2011, 07:43:02 pm »

It got the seagulls from Finding Nemo. I thought I was gonna stump him with that one.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2011, 09:01:26 pm »

Master Chief.
Dexter Morgan.
Urist McDwarf.
Megan Fox.
Dana Scully.
Frodo Baggins.
Commander Shepard.
Cortana.
Alice Cullen.
Admiral Ackbar.
Rebecca Black.
Sergent Avery J. Johnson.
343 Guily Spark.
Gravemind.
2401 Penitent Tangent.
Ellen Degeneres.

I'm not outright debunking this, but i need to point out: It asks all these questions, but some are wrong so it'll keep asking until it finds one that's right. I gotta admit it's good, but the way it asks these question is a little suspicious. Know what i mean?

The order some of the questions are in, and the accuracy etc. is maybe a little good to just be random,, but it still needs further investigation... Sometimes it make a pretty good guess, but it's the times where you're practically telling it when i start to doubt it.

EDIT: Three times, it's failed to guess Amy Lee from Evanescence. IT HAS BEEN DEFEATED.

EDIT: ROFL WHAT THE HELL @ ARMOK'S PICTURE.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 09:44:07 pm by 612DwarfAvenue »
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2011, 10:25:36 pm »

Boatmurdered (maybe cheating?) got some souley sword, Brain from Cortex Command, and Keyblade. I was apparently the first to think of that.
Draltha got Panda Bear Guy from Ursadon, Colossus from Shadow of the Colossus, and Kongor, a giant gorilla from Heroes of Something.
Sig

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2011, 11:37:40 pm »

Whoever put that pic of Armok up, wins.

Failed: Serafine von Uberwald (could be me tho, haven't read Fifth Elephant in a long time.
McGill Fieghan

Success:
Ayanami Rei
Guts
Lilith (Borderlands)
Dr. Zed (on guess 2, guess 1 was Conrad Verner, lol)
Urdnot Wrex
Tali'Zora vas Normandy
Susannah Dean
Tyrael (in 2 guesses)
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7