Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where did I just wake up?  (Read 5438 times)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Where did I just wake up?
« on: June 25, 2011, 01:16:00 am »

Okay, weird things happen in adventure mode. I'm used to occasionally sleeping in a house and waking up outside. That's fine.

I'm walking crawling across the continent looking for a crutch. Story shortened, horse ate my foot. Not a crutch anywhere in the two cities I've visited.

Anyway, I went to sleep in a craft store. Odd store, nobody manning it. Not a single person inside. I slept, figuring I'd talk to anyone there in order to sleep. Nothing.
8 hours later, I woke up. In a manned armor store. Curious, I looked outside. Same location. The store changed overnight. The town now had 3 armor/clothing stores, not two. I was a bit freaked out.
Walking a bit west, I noticed a store I hadn't noticed before. It was an empty craft store. The building was there before, I just never bothered to walk around and see the sign. Thus, don't know if it was the same before I slept.
A similar store-swap thing happened earlier, but I didn't think much of it.

Does anyone know what the hell is going on?
And where can I get a crutch?!

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Where did I just wake up?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 03:15:47 am »

Well, you could just make a fortress next to your adventurer's location, disassmeble the wagon, and make a crutch. OOOOR you could bring a unit of platinum and a unit of coke to make a kickass platinum crutch.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 04:46:44 am »

Towns tend to shapeshift. Either that or you're just dreaming when you woke up. /inception
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Zanethda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 08:56:23 pm »

Towns tend to shapeshift. Either that or you're just dreaming when you woke up. /inception
Oh thank goodness, I thought I was confusing myself and remembering wrong when a town I kept stopping at to sell things had buildings repeatedly vanish and reappear between visits.
On the item is an image of Ngom Fishsin the goblin and a alligator in mountain goat leather. The alligator is striking down Ngom Fishsin. The artwork relates to the killing of the goblin Ngom Fishsin by a alligator in Crueljoy in The Mechanical Spine in the late autumn of 11 during Kaguskok, "The Crazy Assault".

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 09:07:11 pm »

Yeah, Adventurer Mode sleeping is weird. One time I went to sleep in a titan's shrine and woke up on top of a mudstone pillar the height of the Empire State Building.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 11:29:16 pm »

Yeah, Adventurer Mode sleeping is weird. One time I went to sleep in a titan's shrine and woke up on top of a mudstone pillar the height of the Empire State Building.

I can imagine a confused onlooker baffled at your amazing sleep-climbing skills. The next morning must have been Fun.
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 12:49:23 am »

Weird stuff. I tested it, saving before sleeping in one building. Sure enough, every time I sleep there, no matter how long, it turns from a house into a weapon store. This really makes no sense.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 12:51:46 am »

Did you happen to drink large amounts of Dwarven WineTM before going to sleep?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 01:56:51 pm »

Did you jump off of it?

Fluid

• Bay Watcher
  • Something has gone, Terribly wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 03:31:38 pm »

I got a lot of waking up in weird places, but I never saw any definite shapeshifting, it looks like when you go to sleep in a building in a site, the game just dumps you off somewhere random when you wake up, which could be outside, or in another building.

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 06:42:09 pm »

I got a lot of waking up in weird places, but I never saw any definite shapeshifting, it looks like when you go to sleep in a building in a site, the game just dumps you off somewhere random when you wake up, which could be outside, or in another building.

It's probably Toady's sleepwalking feature lol ;-) [Sleepwalking]

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2011, 08:23:32 pm »

I've noticed that. The problem here, though, is that it's the same building. The inside changes completely, but the position never changes.

I'm keeping a save right before I sleep. This is very interesting.

elitepastafa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 04:27:05 pm »

Weird stuff. I tested it, saving before sleeping in one building. Sure enough, every time I sleep there, no matter how long, it turns from a house into a weapon store. This really makes no sense.

...I am totally doing this if any of my friends come over to my house and pass out drunk. I'm gonna transform my house into a store overnight, and early morning walk in through the front door and start freaking out about the random drunk dude sleeping in my store. HE WILL BE SO CONFUSED
Quote from: Gnauga date=1287448036
Quote from: SkyRender date=1287438955
no-quality training spears are about as effective as a limp noodle at doing damage
You forget that a limp noodle has a wobbly attribute to it. In fact, its characteristics and shape may liken it to a small whip made out of food.
In this sense, the limp noodle is a dangerous thing and should be slurped with extreme caution, lest your lips go flying off in an arc.