Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: that one topic!  (Read 1280 times)

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
that one topic!
« on: August 22, 2011, 04:34:09 pm »

whats better silver or iron for a pierce/slash/edge weapon

what about a crossbow too
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 04:36:25 pm by Xotano »
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: that one topic!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 05:02:06 pm »

Iron is better for any weapon other than blunt type (crossbows & warhammers) in comparison to silver.

Crossbows use blunt damage in melee unless you modded in a stabbing/slashing attack, the material type has no affect on the bolts fired  :)

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 05:10:58 pm »

ah so i'd be best with a silver one then, shoulda bought it lols, oh well i'm still kicking ass and sneakin around and for some reason shooting my enemy s point blank wile sneaking and not being seen xD
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 05:23:08 am »

Silver weapons are not made normally, you'd better stick to iron weapons or steel if you find them. Copper works great for blunt weapons as it is heavier than the rest.

(P.S. Don't try shooting at point blank range, if they see you then you might have some trouble getting free alive.)

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 07:10:52 am »

i'm a swordsman as well so if they see me i can chop em down as well :P

that and i'm in full iron and now have a party of like 10+ guys

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 04:49:49 pm »

Silver weapons are not made normally, you'd better stick to iron weapons or steel if you find them. Copper works great for blunt weapons as it is heavier than the rest.

(P.S. Don't try shooting at point blank range, if they see you then you might have some trouble getting free alive.)

No, they're totally made normally.

Tsukana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 12:20:41 am »

Tempered in the blood of elves, mined with a pick made of the bones of children. Hammered with a skull.

Yep, made just like everything else in DF.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 06:23:56 pm »

also yea, silver weapon are in 50% of the weapon shops i go to wile i cant find steel to save my life :| i got a silver crossbow, also i never have trouble getting away alive, i rip things apart with my silver crossbow,iron 2 hander dual wield with like 20 iron shields xD

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 08:17:16 pm »

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Metal
I use the table at the bottom of this page for material reference. It has yet to be incorrect.
The entire page is very useful. One of my most viewed wiki pages.