Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 'nother Indie Bundle  (Read 1470 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
'nother Indie Bundle
« on: June 25, 2011, 06:44:54 pm »

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/111256-5-For-5-Indie-Bundle-Better-Than-Buying-Socks
more direct link

The bundle packages together 5 indie games for $5. It includes Digitanks, an artillery-based strategy game where players build an army of tanks, Spring Up Harmony, a colorful physics-based action-puzzler, Mactabilis, an HD shooter that features RPG customization of your ship, Steel Storm: Burning Retribution, a top-down shooter that takes place in an alternate universe, and Delve Deeper, a fantasy adventure/strategy game that looks something like a side-scrolling Dungeon Keeper.

Pretty cool, I'll say. Its lasting for 8 more days as of this post.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: 'nother Indie Bundle
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 06:53:38 pm »

Hmm, I might actually skip this one.  These games don't appeal to me as much as the other humble bundles, and I've already got delve deeper.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 06:57:52 pm »

These games don't appeal to me as much as the other humble bundles
From what I can tell this is not a Wolfire bundle, that is to say, it's not one of the famous "humble indie bundles" that you actually pay what you want for.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 06:59:01 pm »

Only one I've heard of is Delve Deeper which was a cool concept I didn't really dig the execution of. Still, for $5 I could do a lot worse with my money

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 07:48:22 pm »

These games don't appeal to me as much as the other humble bundles
From what I can tell this is not a Wolfire bundle, that is to say, it's not one of the famous "humble indie bundles" that you actually pay what you want for.

Ah, my mistake. 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 07:50:50 pm »

Never even heard of these.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 08:02:03 pm »

So, if I bought this, only Delve Deeper is redeemable at steam, the rest I would have to go to yet another digital distribution site called Desura.

What can you guys tell me about Desura then? I don't really want yet another of these in my life. I already have to deal with Steam, Gamers Gate, Impulse and GoG (oh, and a couple games on D2D).
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 08:17:33 pm »

So, if I bought this, only Delve Deeper is redeemable at steam, the rest I would have to go to yet another digital distribution site called Desura.

What can you guys tell me about Desura then? I don't really want yet another of these in my life. I already have to deal with Steam, Gamers Gate, Impulse and GoG (oh, and a couple games on D2D).
Desura is more Indie and Mod-based than Steam, being run by the people who do ModDB and now IndieDB. Otherwise, it seems very similar in design philosophy to Steam.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 08:41:31 pm »

an important distinction, mind you, is that the real Humble Bundles have a charity piece, you can decide if the money goes to the game makers or to some charities or both or dont care.
I got nothing