Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A strange occurrence  (Read 1564 times)

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A strange occurrence
« on: June 25, 2011, 08:30:30 pm »

So i was killing every lair beast and bandits i could as i always do then i got an ambush of humans fighting goblins after however my companions turned on me. later in a different area i was doing the same thing then surprise! The same thing happened with the goblins replaced by dwarfs then i went into a nearby fortress went to the keep and got attacked by the lord. After going to the capitol of the civ nobody wanted to talk to me i attacked and died. so just wtf happened

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
Re: A strange occurrence
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 08:41:04 pm »

You killed someone from their civ,
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 08:45:47 pm »

So apparently i got ambushed by goblins and humans randomly showed up in the middle of an evil biome?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 09:11:17 pm »

So apparently i got ambushed by goblins and humans randomly showed up in the middle of an evil biome?
Did  they introduce themselves? I've had soldiers try to kill my adventurers and bandits succeed in killing said adventurers.
...Come to think of it, that explains why I'm hired to kill bandits in the first place.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 09:17:32 pm »

The first time one of them did the other civ was unexpected but not the same civ the second time was unexplained

Avelon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:INDULGE_IN_MYSTICISM:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 07:00:15 am »

Sometimes bandits are members of a civilization. Killing one of them means you become an enemy of that civilization.
I made an enemy out of my first civilization (Outsider) by accepting and completing a quest to kill a bandit.

If you are attacked first, you don't become an enemy of the civilization. If your fame level is high enough (at which point you SHOULD stop getting bandit quests anyway), I think bandits begin to respect you and become peaceful. In my case, I had an active bandit quest and cleared out 4 mates, 3 night creatures, scores of bogeymen, a couple of minotaurs and some other miscellaneous junk before completing that quest. When I arrived at the camp, the bandits were peaceful, and one of them did in fact request that I kill the bandit leader.

My companions however were killed by the (peaceful) bandits, and did not turn on me.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus