Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Moody clothier wants more adamantine  (Read 3247 times)

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
Moody clothier wants more adamantine
« on: June 27, 2011, 05:32:13 pm »

I had a secretive clothier who took a workshop, claimed two adamantine clothes and started drawing pictures - of leather, forest, quarry, shiny metal and cloth, some of them multiplied. I had no idea what he wanted, because I had everything, according to wiki article. I found the last strand of adamantine in my hospital, dumped it and reclaimed to be able to make cloth. Immediately after the cloth was made, the moody clothier took it as a third ingredient and finally started gathering other resources. Which shows that "stacked cloth" may also mean adamantine cloth, not only the three basic types. But I think that Urist McGreedy should be fine with only one cloth piece, the first one, to be specific. Does any cloth need three pieces to make? I don't think so.

Naz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moody clothier wants more adamantine
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 06:46:17 pm »

That sucks but at least that one pair of underpants will be worth more than the GDP of the mountainhomes.
Urist McDwarf cancels wear pants: Just because

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 01:40:21 am »

That sucks but at least that one pair of underpants will be worth more than the GDP of the mountainhomes.

I hope it will be a face veil (bag would be more appropriate, but can't be worn on head in this game). I will assign it to the clothier who made it as a sign of shame.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 02:55:18 am »

If it is a hood or cloak, give it to your militia commander.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Kicior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 03:08:00 am »

I think he is looking for magma.
and slippedy sloppidy doo everything is made of fuck

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 03:17:31 am »

The artifact was kind of disappointment, because it was worth less than 1.5 million dwarfbucks, much less than previous adamantine cloth item (from single cloth, damn it, and less ingredients at all), which was over 2 millions.

It was a left mitten, but the game crashed, and I had to load earlier save. And this time it was... a chest. Clothier makes a chest in clothier's workshop? Apparently so. Better than a mitten, but still less than 1.5 million, so not really worth it.

"On the item is an image of Vumom, the deity of writing, depicted as a male dwarf in palm. Vumom looks confused"
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 03:22:38 am by Saiko Kila »

vintermann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 03:26:05 am »

That chest sounds like a noble would like it. Of course, when you've got adamantine, it's not exactly hard to pimp their rooms if you really want to.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 03:37:26 am »

That chest sounds like a noble would like it. Of course, when you've got adamantine, it's not exactly hard to pimp their rooms if you really want to.

Additionally I don't have unsatisfied nobles - steel and stone statues were enough to finish their rooms even before I mined first adamantine. My city is a mountaihnome with no king, so I don't need these kinds of stuff anymore. Out of curiosity I savescummed (wondering whether I would get a two-handed sword, or a mechanism, or a toy-boat), and the third item was head veil, as I wanted. But it's less expensive than a chest, so... Still don't understand why a chest would be made in clothier's workshop, the guy got clothesmaking maxed.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 04:06:28 am »

A chest woven out of metal strands.  Sounds pretty baller.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Naz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 09:25:35 am »

Urist: Wait you made a container out of adamantine cloth? You mean a bag right?
Clothier: No, I made a chest.
Urist: How in the hell did you build a rigid box out of cloth?
Clothier: I reinforced it with SHUT UP.
Urist McDwarf cancels wear pants: Just because