Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 40d question: If I capture a male elf and a female elf, will they breed?  (Read 12173 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

I want to breed elves and use the children as living targets for marksdwarves and melee dwarves. If I were to capture a hostile male and a hostile female elf, would they breed in the fort?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

godisdead132

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven B.L.T. Beer Liquor and Tantrums
    • View Profile

sry no (however you can embark on a forest retreat and capture the children there i always loved putting the parents of a child in a cage with a captured tentacle demon and forcing the child to run around the cage in a ring full of weapon traps with one wooden whip in each so as to coat everything nearby parents included in the childs blood)  :)
may your lånem nentuk & zodost i hope your rÜsh is dezrem & serkib
1. Start DF
2. Mainline Whiskey untill it all makes sense (even dwarven behavior)
3. Pass Out.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile

sry no (however you can embark on a forest retreat and capture the children there i always loved putting the parents of a child in a cage with a captured tentacle demon and forcing the child to run around the cage in a ring full of weapon traps with one wooden whip in each so as to coat everything nearby parents included in the childs blood)  :)

Is it a bad sign that this made me laugh out loud?
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

I've actually had invader horses give birth on the map, along with an invader race of spiders. There is also a recorded case of a captured 40d human diplomat who had children while inside a glass enclosure. The easiest way to find out is to try it yourself.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter

I've actually had invader horses give birth on the map, along with an invader race of spiders. There is also a recorded case of a captured 40d human diplomat who had children while inside a glass enclosure. The easiest way to find out is to try it yourself.
and if it doesn't work...mod it in!make them work like slaves for the mighty DWARFDOM.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff

Intelligent creatures (including elves) only give birth if married.  Only members of your fortress will get married in fortress mode, so invaders, traders, or diplomats won't get married and therefore won't give birth.  The only exception is if you have a pair of legendary figures who were married in world gen, and manage to capture both of them.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

New question! If I were to remove elves [INTELLIGENT] tag in the raws, would it work? 40d dosen't have seperate world raws, just one set raw file.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Naz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think you can add the [PET] tag and train them. Imagine it like you've enslaved them. In the same vein see if that let's you butcher them and make all the clothes in your fort from elf leather.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 12:01:07 pm by Naz »
Urist McDwarf cancels wear pants: Just because

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

I think you can add the [PET] tag and train them. Imagine it like you've enslaved them. In the same vein see if that let's you butcher them and make all the clothes in your fort from elf leather.
Will it mess around with them being a civ creature? Will it turn them into complete animals instead of actual elves who live in forest retreats?

Naz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I believe they'll still be a civ creature. Havent tried this myself. I'm remembering this from a thread a while back where someone started up an industry of elf-derivative products. Theres probably more dimensions to it than just the one tag. I'll dig around for that thread. I'd like to see you get this working, I needs me some low boots made of elf face.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter

I believe they'll still be a civ creature. Havent tried this myself. I'm remembering this from a thread a while back where someone started up an industry of elf-derivative products. Theres probably more dimensions to it than just the one tag. I'll dig around for that thread. I'd like to see you get this working, I needs me some low boots made of elf face.

then maybe there's more than one civ...and...
"oh we are elves and love your etichal works!!! we wish to trade!"
"right-o. Now here you go with the masterwork roasts we'll take all the rest"
"oh golly!!! we LOVE your ROASTS...they're so delicious and nutricious"
*elves leave the premises*
"MINCE MORE POINTY EARS URIST!!! MOVE IT!"
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Naz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, first off you need to mod ethics a bit. Here's the thread talking about that.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=82675.msg2199330#msg2199330

Naz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Secondly I'm afraid you might be boned on the idea of breeding them because I can't find where in the raws it requires marriage to reproduce (though the wiki did try and sell me Filipino mail order brides like 4 times), might be the [INTELLIGENT] tag. Looks like modding the elves to siege again along with the [PET] tag and a pile of cage traps is your best bet. In my search though I did find a few other things that might be of use to an elf industry.

First mod female elves to be [MILKABLE]. I believe genesis mod includes the tissue raws for breasts too so you might have a look over there.

Second add [COOKABLE_LIVE] tag to elves that way you can either butcher them for their bones n such or your cook can just put em straight on the fire.

My new Filipino harem and I wish you luck in your endeavors.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

I think I'll make them [PET_EXOTIC], since the re-educator Dungeon Master is functioning in 40d

Naz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know, its been said before, but this is the only community on the internet where describing, in detail, how to enslave, exploit, and commit atrocities against an entire species in the name of basic agriculture would be met only by someone suggesting a minor tweak to the details of the process.

I love you guys.
Pages: [1] 2