Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: More Attacks Mod II  (Read 1213 times)

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
More Attacks Mod II
« on: June 19, 2014, 11:51:37 am »

More Attacks Mod II

What is the More Attacks Mod?
The More Attacks Mod was a minor mod created by Syncing.
Purely cosmetic, it added variety to the combat system, and as of so far, it is my one "must have" mod.
However, Syncing hasn't been on the forum in almost a year, and there are a couple issues with the mod that need to be sorted out. So, I figured, I'll just do it myself (while giving credit to Syncing.)
The first release is slated for: EVENTUALLY
It'll probably be just some ironing out of issues in the raws, but other than that, not much new.
After that's done, I'll probably add in some other stuff to the mod, including different attacks for each weapon (this is partially implemented already, but it needs more work.) and probably some other stuff too, but that remains to be seen.
If anyone has any suggestions for stuff that should be added into the mod, let me know.
Regards,
Dampe

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: More Attacks Mod II
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 02:54:19 pm »

suggestion from my side: The syntax for weapon attacks will change, they will get two additional numbers changing attack speeds. So maybe write out what you want to do, but wait for the next DF version till you do write the raws, otherwise you might have to change all of them.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 03:32:39 pm »

I'm not sure if that's actually true; that was my guess, not what is true.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 01:00:02 am »

If it's true, then you can have ultra-mega-awesome attacks of total body part destruction be balanced with normal attack. Praise time!
._.

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 11:34:34 am »

Alright.
There are a couple weapons that I need to write different sets of attacks for. The guy who started the mod only did it for weapons that dwarves can use, and so as of now, setting it up is a lot of copying and pasting if you want more attacks in adventure mode (trust me, you will).
These are:
The scimitar, the curved blade should make it different in terms of attacks than the shortsword.
(Note: with shortswords and longswords, I may separate them into single-edged and double-edged, as the attacks will vary due to that.)
The flail, as the chain will make it different from the mace.
The morningstar, as it's got the spiky things.
The halberd, as although it's categorized as an axe, there should be attacks that distinguish it from battle and great axes, due to the longer shaft.

Eventually I plan to have different attacks for every weapon, but those are the priorities.
Regards,
Dampe

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 07:43:29 pm »

Actually, what I'm going to do is a little different than fixing the More Attacks Mod, now that I think about it.
I'll use the concept, but I'll start from scratch, adding in different attacks than those in the More Attacks Mod right now, rather than fixing them. That being said, I may be forced to take a couple essential attacks word-for-word from the More Attacks Mod, since there's really no other way to describe a "cut" attack without getting far too lengthy than just saying "cut."
So, I'll still give the guy credit where it's due, but the More Attacks Mod is skin and bones, to the point where it's just not a full mod.
Now I've said that, I'll list my goals for this mod:
1. Add in a variety of new attacks for each weapon in the vanilla game.
2. Give this a better name than More Attacks Mod II, as this will not be a sequel, but rather a vast improvement on the concept. (Don't you dare tell me that's what a sequel is.)
3. Make this look like a proper list, as I only really have two goals right now.
Regards,
Dampe