Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 122

Author Topic: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: So long, a-bowser!  (Read 211687 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn RT: Character generator
« Reply #1755 on: January 06, 2013, 02:12:47 pm »

((Freeformschooler style? I'm taking heavy liberties with all enemies and races.))

((EDIT: I suppose the closest would be Original LoZ style.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 02:28:26 pm by freeformschooler »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: January 06, 2013, 02:38:44 pm »

Bracing won't trigger if the effect bounces off the sphere, right?  Pretty sure you said that.

Either way, can the shield be passed depending on roll?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: January 06, 2013, 02:40:18 pm »

Bracing won't trigger if the effect bounces off the sphere, right?  Pretty sure you said that.

Either way, can the shield be passed depending on roll?

((From here on out, your spell's effects that aren't already described are up to you to discover. Think like Crank, not like Toaster.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: January 06, 2013, 02:51:52 pm »

((I think the starting troubles got me in heavy metagame mode. Let's fix that.))

Crank frowned. That guy was gesturing at him in a nasty way...  Why rely on the shield when you could just dodge anyway?

Roll one right and arcane blades him!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: January 06, 2013, 02:53:38 pm »

Ochita scratched his head for a moment, before shrugging. He can simply just poke the switch again, no problem. Plus, he Did have a hunk of rock in his pack..

Offer the rock pieces in my inventory!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn RT: Bradley is horribly confused
« Reply #1760 on: January 06, 2013, 02:56:25 pm »

"Y-Yes. Have you seen it, F-Fuzz?" Bradley asked hopefully.
"Sorry, I don't know where any of the Stars are, other than the Fire Star."
Fuzz thought for a moment.
"Actually, why don't we go ask the Princess? She knows everything!"

Go back up the pipe.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn RT: Bradley is horribly confused
« Reply #1761 on: January 06, 2013, 03:10:40 pm »

"Y-Yes. Have you seen it, F-Fuzz?" Bradley asked hopefully.
"Sorry, I don't know where any of the Stars are, other than the Fire Star."
Fuzz thought for a moment.
"Actually, why don't we go ask the Princess? She knows everything!"

Go back up the pipe.

Fuzz heads up the pipe in time to catch Zelda heading through the west entrance of the water room. Zelda notices him and exasperatedly sighs.

: "You know, I was never that good at solving puzzles. Much less ones that change every time you do them. It's hard enough trying to keep tabs on what's going on around here. Why is the puzzle still working if Hyrule's flooded? How did Hyrule flood in the first place? Are we just wasting our time here?"

She turns away from Fuzz.

: "It's actually kind of nice you're around to keep me from overthinking it."

((EDIT: ERP HIT POST TOO SOON. HOLD ON.))

((I think the starting troubles got me in heavy metagame mode. Let's fix that.))

Crank frowned. That guy was gesturing at him in a nasty way...  Why rely on the shield when you could just dodge anyway?

Roll one right and arcane blades him!

Crank rolls to the right an casts Arcane Blades on the Wizzrobe. ... It takes a few steps back but doesn't seem heavily injured.

Flames expand outward from where the figure aimed last turn, but Crank reflects the one that hits him. For some reason, the figure seems undamaged by its own reflected attack. The flames quickly dissipate.

Ochita scratched his head for a moment, before shrugging. He can simply just poke the switch again, no problem. Plus, he Did have a hunk of rock in his pack..

Offer the rock pieces in my inventory!

: "YES! PERFECT! THANK YOU! GRATITUDE! HERE, WATER ESSENCE AS GRATITUDE."

Ochita hands the creased stone to the Nep-enut who proceeds to gobble it up. The water in the room begins flowing in a loop around the central platform, and the Nep-enut burps something up for Ochita.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 03:18:30 pm by freeformschooler »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: January 06, 2013, 03:30:07 pm »

"Uh.. No problem?"

Ochita peered over the edge, and quickly decided that maybe getting out of the room was a good choice. Turning around, he saw Dirk.

"UWAH! ... Wait, its only you Dirk. We should probably leave this room."

Hit the P-block, and then go though the pipe. Aaaafter getting the puzzle item thing.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 05:55:40 pm by Ochita »
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: January 06, 2013, 04:25:58 pm »

"Have you done this one before?"
Look at the western door.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: January 06, 2013, 05:12:48 pm »

1S, hit it again!

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: January 06, 2013, 11:54:10 pm »

Now that they solved the moon rock thing. I wonder what would have happened if they tried to offer it the Moon Cleft.
It's a rock from the moon.

"THE GREAT GATSBY" is quite strong in the MKWs universe. Lol
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: January 07, 2013, 04:18:31 am »

Zachary paused in thought as he thought over the recent encounter with the princess, a slight tinge of worry niggling away at the back of his mind before he just shrugs and goes back to trying to solve the puzzle.

Try slicing up some of these grass bushels with my sword, like a certain hyrulian hero might, with my sword and see what they might be hiding. Then think back to that rhyme that I found recently that described things that sounded like they were in the dungeon. What did it say again?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: January 09, 2013, 10:17:44 am »

I normally don't say things like this, but wow I cannot wait to kill off Zelda. I hate running GMPCs.

Zachary paused in thought as he thought over the recent encounter with the princess, a slight tinge of worry niggling away at the back of his mind before he just shrugs and goes back to trying to solve the puzzle.

Try slicing up some of these grass bushels with my sword, like a certain hyrulian hero might, with my sword and see what they might be hiding. Then think back to that rhyme that I found recently that described things that sounded like they were in the dungeon. What did it say again?

Spoiler: This one? (click to show/hide)

... Zachary hacks up a few of the bushels of dead grass with his blade, but nothing seems to happen. He doesn't even hear the "Ding-a-ling!" of a rupee.

1S, hit it again!

Crank hops to the south and ... lets loose another series of Arcane Blades, but the figure quickly sidesteps away further south. It then stretches its arms out horizontally in a "T" shape.

Crank's Abjuration Sphere disspates. Think carefully.

Spoiler: Crank (Toaster) (click to show/hide)

"Have you done this one before?"
Look at the western door.

There is no door. It's just an entryway. A large one, too. Fuzz can kind of make out more dead plants that way.

: "A few times, yeah. But, like I say, it changes every time."

"UWAH! ... Wait, its only you Dirk. We should probably leave this room."

Hit the P-block, and then go though the pipe. Aaaafter getting the puzzle item thing.

Ochita ... attempts to hit the P-block, but it seems to stuck! He nabs the puzzle item anyway. The water does not, at least, look to be rising.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: January 09, 2013, 10:42:17 am »

"Dirk.. I MUST KEEP YOU SAFE FROM THE WATER"

If the gap is small enough, throw dirk though the pipe. If not, grab dirk firmly, and jump for the pipe, with feeling.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: January 09, 2013, 01:55:32 pm »

Walk through the doorway.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 122