Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 122

Author Topic: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: So long, a-bowser!  (Read 211673 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 38: The Sacrifice
« Reply #915 on: October 31, 2011, 10:02:37 am »

That's true. Your artwork is very entertaining and adds a lot to the RTD. :)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: October 31, 2011, 10:06:00 am »

The best part is how giant Zach looks, as the only human in the group.  Nice work!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: October 31, 2011, 10:08:30 am »

Yeah, it really puts Joe's Short And Squat disability into perspective. If Zach was that tall game mechanic wise he could just punt the Koopas into the water.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: October 31, 2011, 10:09:40 am »

I like how one of them is always using doing the finger gun at the party. XD

It's the little details I always like.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: October 31, 2011, 10:10:49 am »

Edgy rivals are nothing without their finger guns!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: October 31, 2011, 10:13:52 am »

Yeah, it really puts Joe's Short And Squat disability into perspective. If Zach was that tall game mechanic wise he could just punt the Koopas into the water.
Damn, we need artwork of this! :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: October 31, 2011, 10:30:15 am »

I would love to see that. SO MUCH.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: October 31, 2011, 10:45:53 am »

I like how one of them is always using doing the finger gun at the party. XD

It's the little details I always like.

And Bradley always looks terrified.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: October 31, 2011, 10:50:40 am »

As well he should.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: October 31, 2011, 01:16:05 pm »

My art instructor told me to try making my drawings look 3d ish. I don't know how to do that, but I gave it my best shot.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, archaeologists don't work with falcons.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 01:28:16 pm by freeformschooler »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 39: Mary Podosue
« Reply #925 on: October 31, 2011, 03:54:50 pm »

Turn 39

Time: Late Morning
Weather: Sunny
Light: Plenty

Turn Intro

Oh no! Red is dead! The goldfish poop gang is back! And Bradley is scared as usual! HOW WILL THIS END!?

Turn Results

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Amadeus: Taunt the Troop! Your Fire Immunity makes you OP.

You get in front of the group and wag your tail around while raising and lowering your inexplicable eyebrows. You're trying to taunt the Troop into attacking you! Surely their attacks will all go right through you, if not outright heal you!
KT Red notices you and gets angry! He directs his attacks towards you!
KT Blue KT Blue notices you, but focuses his efforts elsewhere.

Oomph: Crush KT Blue with a Power Strike!

Ah, how good it is to be in brutal combat with a Koopaball Club once again. When you think about it, Koopaball is a lot like brutal combat, except with a ball. Also the ball is just another Koopa. After mourning the loss of Red, you seek revenge and run up to KT Blue! You hop over the Troop's location and go right for the newly-winged one.

Your attack was a direct hit! Being distracted by Amadeus, the blue fellow fails to see it coming at all! He takes 5 damage, and his flames flicker out a bit. He's knocked back! You taunt the poor sap as he gets up in retaliation.

KT Blue: Retaliate.

KT Blue hops back to his feet - quite easily for a Koopa, but then again, he has wings right now - and takes a running charge towards Oomph. His flicking flames concentrate onto his maul as he makes a terrific strike! Oomph is unable to calculate the power of a single swing of KT Blue's maul, and thus takes it straight in the head. Now Oomph is knocked onto his back. He takes 4 damage! KT Blue, on the other hand, loses a mere 1 FIRE.

Bradley: Hover under the bridge, then execute a carefully timed surprise attack with Frostflash!

This can't be! Red is dead! You weren't able to do anything about it! You hover under the bridge to go cry and hide! Actually that is a lie, you're going to surprise the Koopa Troop with Frostflash. You hover under the bridge for a moment, then come up above it and OH GHOSTLY MUSHROOM JESUS THOSE WINGS ARE ACTUALLY MADE OF FIRE. NO. OH NO NO NO. THEY'RE GOING TO FIRE ANOTHER BEAM AND YOU'LL BE THE TARGET. THIS IS NOT HAPPENING. LOOK AT THOSE SCARY GLASSES. JUST SORT OF

OH MARIO BROTHERS IN A TOILET IS THAT A VACUUM CLEANER IN THE REFLECTION OF THOSE GNARLY VACUUPA SHADES. NO. OH FLIPPING KING KOOPA NO.

You start flipping out. You flip out so hard that you go all the way around and flip back in. The whole area is firmly flipped.

Joe: Slash that blue guy.

You run up to the blue guy and take a swing with your sword! Unfortunately, you're still getting used to carrying something this heavy, and only manage to fly backwards around the giant sword's center of gravity due to the force of the swing. You land on your back. That wasn't very successful!

Zachary: Take cover behind teammates and equip armor, then Powerstrike KT Blue!

You take cover behind the teammates that haven't acted yet, and then try to equip your armor as fast as humanly possible. Unfortunately, you're pretty slow, and although you get the armor equipped, your team has already been battling around you! Dang armor, always getting in the way.

KT Red: Burn the blob alive.

Dang blobs, always impeding progress, thinks KT Red to himself. Just like that time that one clumsy Goomba dropped King Bowser's inhaler in the lake of fire. It was fun executing her though! He snaps back to reality, and waves his sword around, casting his most powerful spell on Amadeus! Amadeus takes the attack full force of it!

But that was Amadeus' plan all along. The Podoboo converts the 8 damage into raw firepower. Suddenly, a startling transformation begins, and Amadeus' form changes completely...

Amadeus has become a Mary Sue humanoid! His MP cost for wielding is removed, and he gains 3 HP. He can also talk with his mouth now.

Player List

Spoiler: Oomph (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zachary Jones (Zako) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Joe (TherosPherae) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Amadeus (Firelordsky) (click to show/hide)

Enemy List

Spoiler: Koopa Troop Red (NPC) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Koopa Troop Blue (NPC) (click to show/hide)

Turn Outro

The two teams face off, and KT Red already regrets his actions. Neither side suffers heavy losses, but in power, they're close to equally matched!

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 02:27:41 pm by freeformschooler »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: October 31, 2011, 04:17:08 pm »

"My head feels funny!"

Continue clubbing away at KT Blue

OOC: Remember to lower Oomphs HP. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: October 31, 2011, 04:19:45 pm »

At least I only forgot one thing!

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: October 31, 2011, 05:21:30 pm »

Joe: Stand up and fight like the soldier you are!
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: October 31, 2011, 07:47:40 pm »

^^^

Continue to flip out, but go axe-crazy instead of running and stab the enemy Koopas with my knife repeatedly.

I'm leaving it open as to which one Bradley's targeting since he's too busy freaking out to care which one he starts stabbing. :3
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 122