Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 122

Author Topic: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: So long, a-bowser!  (Read 210374 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn RT: Character generator
« Reply #1770 on: January 09, 2013, 03:26:00 pm »

Crank dodged as the figure prepared to cast a spell.  The last one spread outward in a certain way... if he dodged there, he should be safe.

Move 1 SE (between the two torches.)  Arcane blade again!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn RT: Character generator
« Reply #1771 on: January 12, 2013, 04:34:32 pm »

FROM NOW ON, EVERY TIME SOMETHING GETS REALLY BORING TO ME, I WILL SPICE UP THE TURNS USING THE OFFICIAL MKW RANDOM EVENT ROLLER:

I FIND THIS TURN VERY BORING. A RANDOM EVENT WILL BE APPLIED TO ALL ROLLS.

Crank dodged as the figure prepared to cast a spell.  The last one spread outward in a certain way... if he dodged there, he should be safe.

Move 1 SE (between the two torches.)  Arcane blade again!

Crank dodges the figure's next volley of magic flame, quickly rolling in between the torches. He casts Arcane Blades, focusing his energy slicing at the Wizzrobe with all his might. ... However, he's too slow to hit the figure as it jumps away from him.

Spoiler: RANDOM EVENT ROLL (click to show/hide)

The figure abruptly stops and lowers its arms to the sides.

: "Ey, wat's going on har, onywo? Yanna, jus one secon ago I wus standin in mo post en is guy show up an stab me in the chest! Now that ain't right, no ah?"

"Dirk.. I MUST KEEP YOU SAFE FROM THE WATER"

If the gap is small enough, throw dirk though the pipe. If not, grab dirk firmly, and jump for the pipe, with feeling.

... Ochita grabs dirk by the waist, backs up and throws him toward the pipe above. Miraculously, this succeeds, and Dirk ends up in a familiar place. Again.

A purple shy guy then materializes nearby!

: "HELLLOOOO MUSHROOM KINGDOM! You there, citizen. I've been summoned to offer you the chance to play a FANTASTIC MINIGAME with EXCELLENT PRIZES!"

Walk through the doorway.

... Fuzz heads through the door with such great success that he ends up skipping 1/3 of the dungeon and finds himself in the boss room prematurely!

Spoiler: GM note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 09:12:16 pm by freeformschooler »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn RT: RTD Spirit
« Reply #1772 on: January 12, 2013, 04:35:55 pm »

"Oh Boy, Prizes?? IM IN"

INITIATE SURPRISE MINIGAME
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: January 12, 2013, 04:57:37 pm »

Wait, so what was the puzzle? Did I solve it?
Yay! This is easier than I thought it would be!

I bet I can solve all the puzzles!

Look under the bridge for more puzzles to solve!

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: January 12, 2013, 06:33:04 pm »

((That was the perfect turn))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: January 12, 2013, 07:04:05 pm »

Bradley continues waiting on exposition, or failing that, something vaguely useful he can do.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: January 12, 2013, 07:06:18 pm »

Bradley continues waiting on exposition, or failing that, something vaguely useful he can do.

((You know, I'm not the only one who can provide exposition. If you don't want to do puzzle stuff or explore unexplored areas you can always ask questions to other people.))

EDIT: Here's a hastily-thrown-together map with everyone's positions if you're looking for somewhere to visit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 07:27:03 pm by freeformschooler »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: January 12, 2013, 07:59:56 pm »

((Fuzz is somewhere past the ???.
We don't know where exactly, brcause the RNG cast him into the future. Where my evil is law.))

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: January 12, 2013, 09:03:10 pm »

((I'm going to make one last attempt at having a decent blend between mapsprites that aren't icons and mapsprites that aren't work. Since they're diagonal, I should only have to do 1 [instead of 4] bases for everyone and modify from there. No more updates tomorrow or today, I have studies to work on.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: January 12, 2013, 09:06:20 pm »

That roller is awesome.  62 or 100 would be great.  I think 64, 65, and 66 have been part of your routine all along.

Crank blinks.  "Uh... really, now?"

Move 2SW!  Arcane blades him again!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: January 12, 2013, 11:54:10 pm »

Bradley attempts to head to the question mark room.

(It's not that I don't want to do puzzle stuff so much as it is I was never very good at it and I'm still pretty lost, at the very least, on how everybody's trying to solve the puzzles. Or what the puzzles actually are. >.>)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: January 13, 2013, 02:16:04 am »

((I'm sure that rhyme is important somehow, but I just can't seem to get my head around it...

Also, I like the idea of the random spice up roller. Make sure not to use it too often though!))

Head upstairs through the pipe in the sun room and inspect the room and doors closely to see if they are unlocked or have anything interesting on them.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: January 13, 2013, 09:35:12 am »

(It's not that I don't want to do puzzle stuff so much as it is I was never very good at it and I'm still pretty lost, at the very least, on how everybody's trying to solve the puzzles. Or what the puzzles actually are. >.>)

Well, since you're so adamant about bringing up how little you understand all the time, even in other threads, and you don't want to roleplay/explore areas that haven't been laid out for you/experiment like everyone else/do pretty much anything else, I'll make sure to postpone updates for long enough that the very next one can contain the plot dump.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: January 13, 2013, 04:25:26 pm »

(I think we have a misunderstanding here. I'll PM you about it. ^^^;)

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: January 13, 2013, 10:06:00 pm »

Joe: Go back to the Nep-Enut room looking for PLOT DEVICES.

Or just use PC-telepathy to figure out that Ochita has it, and hopefully get it before the jump into minigame-land.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 122