Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Wooja look at that...  (Read 7933 times)

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
Wooja look at that...
« on: June 28, 2011, 08:49:30 pm »

I got me a pair o' minotaurs. Do they...you know, breed in captivity?

also: http://www.vgcats.com/super/?strip_id=36
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: Wooja look at that...
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 12:19:39 am »

I believe as long as they're tamable and have the proper child tag (which Minotaurs do), they should be capable of reproduction.  Since they have [CAN_LEARN] and [CAN_SPEAK], they might get married too. 
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 02:16:44 am »

Too bad you cant tame them. Having a minotaur guard would be pretty neat. Maybe when diplomacy is implemented youll be able to strike a deal with your captives and make an entire race your slave.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 02:18:17 am »

That reminds me didn't VG cats do a few comic strips on Dwarf fortress? Or was that a different one :P.

And back on topic, I just found my next industry..... Minotaur meat! Yes I can see it now hundreds of pits of hundreds of minotaurs feeding my hungry hungry dwarfs and several nations then opening a gift shop selling overly expensive Minotaur hoofs and horns.... You can butcher them right?
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 03:05:13 am »

If you can, then not just meat. You've got a whole thriving industry there. (Minotaur leathercrafts, Minotaur bonecrafts, Minotaur meals, Caged Minotaur...)
And a few webcomics have done DF, but I don't think VG cats has yet.

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 03:15:34 am »

Not VG Cats. Three Panel Soul comes to mind. Loved that DF style there.

My first thought: pipes made from minotaur horns. Most dwarfy way to smoke.
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 10:31:19 am »

That reminds me didn't VG cats do a few comic strips on Dwarf fortress? Or was that a different one :P.

And back on topic, I just found my next industry..... Minotaur meat! Yes I can see it now hundreds of pits of hundreds of minotaurs feeding my hungry hungry dwarfs and several nations then opening a gift shop selling overly expensive Minotaur hoofs and horns.... You can butcher them right?
If you can, then not just meat. You've got a whole thriving industry there. (Minotaur leathercrafts, Minotaur bonecrafts, Minotaur meals, Caged Minotaur...)
And a few webcomics have done DF, but I don't think VG cats has yet.
Unfortunateyly Minotaurs are considered intelligent enough that Dwarves refuse to butcher them unless you edit the ethics in the rwas and even then it requires a re-worldgen.
Believe me I tried. The idiots wont even use the skelleton, but will happily use gobbo bones. I thought with sufficient time a skelleton would degrade into bones but it seems I was mistaken as its been 8 years already.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 11:45:45 am »

If they are gibbed, shouldn't dwarves be able to butcher the lil' bits and pieces?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 02:17:48 pm »

No, but bits that don't have non-rotting tissue (i.e. cartilage) will degrade to bone eventually. Or so I've heard.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 05:53:44 pm »

Too bad you cant tame them. Having a minotaur guard would be pretty neat. Maybe when diplomacy is implemented youll be able to strike a deal with your captives and make an entire race your slave.

All you need to do to tame them is add the [PET] tag in their creature raws in creature_standard.txt for your game.  It doesn't require a regen, so you can then tame whatever ones you've captured (as long as they didn't kill someone first.)
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2011, 06:27:56 pm »

While you're adding [PET] just remove [INTELLIGENT] as well so you can farm them. I'm about 80% certain that doesn't require a regen.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

johnny_cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2011, 07:06:23 pm »

Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.

Koronii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2011, 03:06:57 am »

Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.

OH GOD MY BRAIN

Kattel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2011, 04:04:22 am »

oh dear armok......

**The human Office worker vomits into the <drawer**
Invaders: Our arrows will blot out the sun!
Me: Then we will fight in the SLADE.
I fear that each time it tolled out the hour, some part of our souls would mournfully yearn: "A puppy should have died just now, but didn't."

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2011, 04:25:50 am »

Hmm... I bet war Minotaurs with ☼Adamantine war-hammer☼s would be pretty awesome.

Oh yeah, I also caught an Ettin. Just saying. I thought they needed to be knocked unconcious or something to be caught in cage traps, but all these guys just walked into them.
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.
Pages: [1] 2