Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Will boogeymen attack -anyone-?  (Read 2324 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Will boogeymen attack -anyone-?
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 02:26:58 pm »

That must have been terrifying...

Ye, bogeymen attack anything they encounter, but only spawn around the adventurers. Powder Miner writes a good story, though.

Personally I presume that Toady isn't done with them, and they will be changed drastically at some point, perhaps more to balance with the other night creatures so you'd rarely be attacked by more than one night creature in a 24 hour or more time span. And personally, I hope they're less deadly and more interactive.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 03:49:22 pm »

ima go take over a demon or night creature via DFusion and travel around alot at night to test this "will attack anything" bit of info
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 04:20:47 pm »

I know in armok 1, if you chose a night creature race, you tended to explode in sunlight...
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2011, 05:50:36 pm »

cave night creatures now get a bonus of not exploding in the sun the bogies are the armok 1 night creature race.
Oh and bogies if you change the civ number to anything but -1 in runesmith will act like a normal peasant. right down to running away from any danger if you use Dfusion and force recruit them.
Like to note that slapping -1 on a villager will make them hostile too.

One could make bogies resistant to sun light by making them undead, though doing so will lead to an army of smoking monsters.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2011, 06:17:31 pm »

cus they catch fire right? any flaming undead will still be able to chase you tho fairly slowly, burning zombies are more deadly then non burning ones xD
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2011, 09:01:51 pm »

Exactly, divine origin! As in Destiny! Ya see? It makes sense!

Kay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2011, 10:45:32 pm »

Once, I slept just outside a bunch of village cabins one night, boogeymen spawned, and I dodged around while the boogeymen ran into houses tearing sleeping people apart - however, the instant I passed the threshold of any of the doors, they'd disappear. Controlled bogeyman carnage.
Pages: 1 [2]