Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22

Author Topic: Oblivion RTD:Ch. 2, Drowning in Darkness; Turn-9: On a Hiatus  (Read 20922 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Oblivion RTD: Two Slots Left
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2011, 10:26:44 pm »

Guess I'll take the last spot then, I'll have a thief-type up shortly.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oblivion RTD: Full Waiting List Open
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2011, 10:31:30 pm »

Now we have all six players waiting lsit is open, and once your character sheets are up,a nd Tal finishes his I will write up the opening scene

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Oblivion RTD: Two Slots Left
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2011, 10:34:40 pm »

Guess I'll take the last spot then, I'll have a thief-type up shortly.

I'm watching you, scum.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2011, 10:36:31 pm »

And depending on his bonuses, and backstory, so will some of the towns guards

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2011, 11:03:00 pm »

Challenge accepted, Dwarmin. :3 Prepare for many sissy-slap fights between my Dark Elf woman and your Elf-hating Nord.

Spoiler: Dark Elf Thief (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2011, 11:10:17 pm »

Everything checks out also [Rank Acquired - Faction: Unknown - Rank Gained: Unknown - Bonuses: Unknown] [Rank Acquired - Faction: Unknown - Rank Gained: Unknown - Bonuses: Unknown] [Infamy Gained - Location: Unknown - Factions: Unknown]

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2011, 11:24:31 pm »

Right then, here's my character, hope I haven't missed anything

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 03:17:34 pm by CrimsonEon »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2011, 11:41:57 pm »

Almost everything is in order you just need to describe your downfall, and specialities also working on turn right now.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2011, 11:44:59 pm »

Almost everything is in order you just need to describe your downfall, and specialities also working on turn right now.

If you're referring to me, the underlined specialties/downfalls have Abbr tags, like Draignean did for his char. Mouse over them for a tooltip that has the description.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2011, 11:46:14 pm »

Only thing I see is that you need +2 Endurance for making that your class stat. ^^

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2011, 11:54:01 pm »

Only thing I see is that you need +2 Endurance for making that your class stat. ^^

Was it +2? All I saw was a 'bonus' to that stat >_>.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2011, 11:54:15 pm »

Chapter 1: 'The Shield of the People' Cracks

You stand in the courtyard bear the front gate of the corpse of Imperial City, adn the air is filled with the sounds of War Cries, and booming echo coming from the gate as it is battered over, and over again by the forces besieging your proud home. This battle has been waged for the past three weeks as the Coalition Forces laid siege to Imperial City for the first two weeks the great wall that the Founders had built around the fragile remains of Imperial City were hammered by siege weaponry, and the gates were laid to waste by Rams, and your men were slaughtered by the never ending waves of the enemy. Not long after dawn of the fourteenth day of the siege an ambush was sprung as a small group of Orcs who had hid in a tower storage room charged forth, and opened the Lion's Gate te one thing that kept them back, and as the enemy flooded in the few who managed to escape the slaughter pulled back, and holed up in the remains of the city. Here you stood with what soldiers you had left prepared for the final wave of the attack all of these men that you could see were ready to lay down their lives to protect you for you were the descendants of the founders, and some of you were great leaders of this faction, and others were great warriors, or mages that represented them in battle. Now the time was fast approaching that your faction would end, and its role of protecting the people would become near impossible as your army was crushed before the many men that had come together to destroy you. One of the guards comes running over to your group, and says "The gates will only hold a little longer, so you better get ready, but remember the plan you are to stay here only until we begin to get overpowered then you are to flee through the secret tunnels, and escape. The few of us remaining throughout these lands will help you raise another army, and bring down the Coalition, but until then you must survive that is why we will stay, adn fight to the bitter end." With that he ran off to prepare the men for the final push, and you were left to prepare for it yourself.

Gates will be breached in 5 turns

Factions, Faction Lore, and Locations Unlocked

Player Statuses
Will be added next turn.

Imperial City Inner Ring, North Gate
Friendly NPCs
Spoiler: Tarok Kingsley (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Henry Hickleset (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guardsman, Julius (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guardsman, Julia (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guardsman, Freda (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guardsman, Algus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guardsman, Rocklin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mage, Karrin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mage, Seraph (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mage, Duriston (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 01:19:23 am by adwarf »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2011, 12:04:11 am »

Turn finished writing up the Lore, Faction Info, and Location in first post now.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2011, 12:27:44 am »

Kili, the Nord woman, scoffed. They had woken her up from a very pleasing dream, where she was stringing Relavesa's pointed ears into a necklace...

These Southerners were so soft-in more ways than one! The city was about to fall, and none of them could do a thing about it. She would have preferred to sleep until death took her...but now that she was awake, well there wasn't much to be done about that. Her body still ached from almost a week of constant combat, but at least she wasn't as skinny as the others-Orc in fact, tasted like sour pork, if you need to know.

She had only stayed because the rat Hendal had promised her two more bags of Gold after the battle-a great promise, but he had got caught outside the wall, and the Orcs hacked him to chunky soup.

Kili only regretted she didn't get the chance to do it herself.

She lamented the fate of her old axe, Elf-Biter. It had hewed many enemies over the years, until it was at last splintered as she cut down a troll not yesterday. It was a bitter loss, and all she could find was this poor replacement-a garish piece of junk, not fit for a parade march, much less a battle. At least she still had her bow, a Nordic Longbow, a replacement she had commissioned to be made before she left Skyrim. There was always the horn of course-an ancient battle horn, older than her fathers father. The Orcs would never lay their claws on it-it was said, a Nord who faced certain death would blow such a mighty blast that it would destroy the horn and propel your soul to the afterlife. Not that she was eager to try it out.

Kili figured she should start organizing these louses, before they all bolted like rabbits.

Try to organize the weak Southerners into a halfways decent defensive formation to prepare for the attack.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

@CrimsonEon: That's what it looked like to me, and I added 2 to my Agility and adwarf said it checked out. ^^;

Rel sat on a rather large piece of debris. I should probably be leaving soon. I signed on for some easy money, not to fight a losing battle. From what Kingsley had said, the end would be coming soon. Eh... I guess I can stick around a little longer, loot the dead. Why not. I gotta make some cash somehow. Maybe I'll get to see Kili get cut down. She spit out the blade of grass she'd been chewing on and stood, entertained by the thought. I bet this place has already been looted to oblivion and back, but I might as well take a look around. She entered the nearest building to look for any items that might be helpful... or at least to find a way up to the roof where she can safely stay back and use her bow.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22