Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Causing Lights to Flicker  (Read 17056 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Causing Lights to Flicker
« on: July 02, 2011, 11:16:29 pm »

So, recently, electric lights have begun to periodically flicker around me, no matter where I am. They dim for a moment, then snap back to normal. I've seen lights outright turn off when I approached them a couple of times in past years, but that stopped around the time I left middle school. And now this is happening. I have no idea what's going on.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Causing Lights to Flicker
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 12:07:24 am »

Have you ever read the Charlie Bone books?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 12:11:30 am »

So, recently, electric lights have begun to periodically flicker around me, no matter where I am. They dim for a moment, then snap back to normal. I've seen lights outright turn off when I approached them a couple of times in past years, but that stopped around the time I left middle school. And now this is happening. I have no idea what's going on.
You obviously have superpowers, you must become the Electric Slime and save the city! Or its just entirely coincidence.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 12:12:27 am »

Try an optometrist.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 12:12:36 am »

Shit man, that happens to me. Sometimes they just turn off. Apparently, no-one else notices.

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 12:40:01 am »

Or maybe you just don't notice things continue to happen in places where you're not.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 12:42:10 am »

Try an optometrist.

I'd suggest a healthy dose of critical thinking first.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 12:45:59 am »

The lights will dim in my house if the AC or vacuum turns on or any heavy draw of power.

Are you sure it has anything to do with you?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 12:50:38 am »

Option A: You're a wizard. Learn latin, you'll need it when the white council comes calling.

Option B: You're so damn depressing that light itself attempts to flee.

Option C: You're Jesus S. Christ. "And the things of earth shall grow strangely dim in the light of his glory and grace."

Option D: The wiring is old and the vibrations caused by your footsteps are jiggling the connections. To test this you should go past the light in different ways, bunny hoppy, ninja, M.J Thriller walk, casual, handsprings, etc. If the way the light's reaction towards you changes you it's the wiring, or it's option E and the Devil is laughing.

Option E: The light is possessed by SATAN!
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 12:57:32 am »

*Omnomnomnom*
Tastes like... SAAAAAAAAAAAATAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2011, 01:07:19 am »

Have you ever read the Charlie Bone books?
No.
Try an optometrist.

I don't think this has to do with my eyes. I'm fairly messed up vision-wise, but not like that.
The lights will dim in my house if the AC or vacuum turns on or any heavy draw of power.

Are you sure it has anything to do with you?
It happens at both my father's home and my mother's home. I think it may have happened a couple of times at school as well, but this started to become very noticible after summer vacation started, so I'm not sure. Regardless, as far as I can tell, I am the constant.
Option A: You're a wizard. Learn latin, you'll need it when the white council comes calling.
I hate latin. I already tried to learn it for two years, and it didn't work out.
Option B: You're so damn depressing that light itself attempts to flee.
Thanks Draignean, you're just a ray of sunshine and hope here.
Option C: You're Jesus S. Christ. "And the things of earth shall grow strangely dim in the light of his glory and grace."
Yeah, that'd be some irony for you. Jesus comes back and grows up to be an atheist. Now we're all screwed.
Option D: The wiring is old and the vibrations caused by your footsteps are jiggling the connections. To test this you should go past the light in different ways, bunny hoppy, ninja, M.J Thriller walk, casual, handsprings, etc. If the way the light's reaction towards you changes you it's the wiring, or it's option E and the Devil is laughing.
It happens even if I'm sitting dead still. I don't think vibrations are to blame here.
D:
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2011, 01:17:15 am »

Try an optometrist.

I don't think this has to do with my eyes. I'm fairly messed up vision-wise, but not like that.

I don't think it has anything to do with your eyes either.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2011, 01:24:54 am »

Okay, I'm still betting on vibrations (there are way too many factors to lock all of them, but hey.) but yet more options.

Hybrid solutions,

If C and E are true then you should find a herd of swine, cast the devil into the swine, and then drive them off a cliff. You can also try the old priest and a young priest approach, but we all know how that ends.

If A and E are true then you should make a circle around yourself and seal it with a drop of blood, this should shield the light from your ambient energy. Wait fifteen minutes, if the light goes back to normal then you need to find a way to cordon off all the electrical items in your house from energy, I recommend a faraday cage.

Or more options,

Option F: You have extremely powerful personal magnetism, I recommend shielding your hard drive and becoming a womanizer to reduce the problem.

Option G: You're actually dreaming, the darkening is a sign that you know you're asleep and this forum is merely your subliminal telling you to wake up.

Option H: You're a conduit for a method of RET, the energy causes a slight electro-magnetic burst as it travels through you. I recommend an MRI to see how bad the brain damage is and a last will and testament.

Option I: Aliens are scanning your brain and the ray disrupts electronics above your head, I recommend a tinfoil hat.

Option J: You have a powerful spirit bound to you on an item that you carry, probably something that you weren't allowed to carry during your middle school period, the spirit is draining ambient energy in order to manifest and look in on you.

Option K: You have really bad (Or great) luck, coincidence is possible though perhaps unlikely. (Compare to other options)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2011, 01:34:29 am »

If C and E are true then you should find a herd of swine, cast the devil into the swine, and then drive tm off a cliff. You can also try the old priest and a young priest approach, but we all know how that ends.
The swine never did anything to hurt me! For that matter, the devil didn't do anything to hurt me either!
Option F: You have extremely powerful personal magnetism, I recommend shielding your hard drive and becoming a womanizer to reduce the problem.
My hard drive hasn't died from my proximity yet. As for becoming a womanizer, you should keep your eyes out for the aeronautic abilities of the aformentioned swine when it comes to the probablity of that succeeding.
Option G: You're actually dreaming, the darkening is a sign that you know you're asleep and this forum is merely your subliminal telling you to wake up.
DON'T YOU INCEPTION ME. GET OUT OF MY HEAD.
Option H: You're a conduit for a method of RET, the energy causes a slight electro-magnetic burst as it travels through you. I recommend an MRI to see how bad the brain damage is and a last will and testament.
I can't help but notice that your options are getting progressively more horrible for me.
Option I: Aliens are scanning your brain and the ray disrupts electronics above your head, I recommend a tinfoil hat.
I see. Well, my only option is to shoot at the sky untill I kill them. Nothing can go wrong.
Option J: You have a powerful spirit bound to you on an item that you carry, probably something that you weren't allowed to carry during your middle school period, the spirit is draining ambient energy in order to manifest and look in on you.
My.....keys are possessed by a spirit? Oh dear.
Option K: You have really bad (Or great) luck, coincidence is possible though perhaps unlikely. (Compare to other options)
Now that, that's chaos theory.
No Gods, No Masters.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2011, 02:14:58 am »

As a last resort I ran your initial post through 30 different wise men, they told me that the proper interpretation of your original post was

"I recently, as I do not start flashing on a regular basis regardless. It absorbs quickly return to normal life. They have said repeatedly in recent years when I saw it."

The problem obviously lies in how little you flash people, the lights are  (Again obviously) attempting to hint at how to flash people.

Run around outside and take off your shirt randomly and see if that changes the situation.

(Honestly I'm going with a combination of AC power draw, luck, and vibration.)
---
Pages: [1] 2 3 4