Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21

Author Topic: Staggered Magi II (Turn 16: Treacherous)  (Read 26923 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Staggered Magi II (Turn 16: Treacherous)
« on: July 03, 2011, 04:03:27 pm »

Master various schools of magic, combine them for even more effects, and then die to a healing mishap or summoning gone wrong. Welcome to Staggered Magi II!

Spoiler: Overview (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Backstory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Creation (click to show/hide)

More detailed rules will be added later. For now, there are 6-8 slots, likely in two teams of 4 if we go with 8.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 07:35:52 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi II - Recruiting!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 04:05:15 pm »

Current Players:

Taricus - Interior Mercenary
adwarf - Interior Mercenary
HmH - Interior Mercenary
ExKirby - Interior Mercenary
CrimsonEon - Northern Ingedient Gatherer
dermonster - Northern Ingedient Gatherer
Tarran - Sword Seeker
Ochita - Swamp Runner

Waiting List:

Knight Otu
KineseN
Dwarmin
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 09:40:10 pm by IronyOwl »
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 04:08:34 pm »

Name: Taric
Gender/Race: Male Lizardman
Major/Minor Skill: Spear/Leadership
Other: Known for gallivanting around a few towns.
Backstory: 176 cms, 86 kg, Green scales, Digirade feet.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 04:08:43 pm »

Name: Tarok Kingsley
Gender/Race: Male, Human, Cursed
Major/Minor Skill: Summoning, Necromancy
Other: Age - 17, Silver Hair, Silver Eyes, 5 Ft 9 In, 125 Lbs, Tatto of a full solar eclipse on his back (Curse's Seal)
Spoiler: Backstory (click to show/hide)

Requested Items: Pouch Containing the Skelton of a small bird, Pendant of a Crescent Moon, Silver Knife, Wooden Staff
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 04:31:25 pm by adwarf »

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 04:11:12 pm »

Name: Straga Sickshade
Gender/Race: Goblin/Female, pale, kinda creepy
Major/Minor Skill: Necromancy/Whips
Other: whip is durable enough to block attacks. Straga prefers leather armor with chains and straps on it.
Backstory: Straga loves talking about her past, but no one seems to like hearing about it. 5"2', pale green skin, violet hair, ruby eyes.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 04:41:35 pm by HmH »

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 04:11:38 pm »

Dibs

Name: Gareid
Gender/Race: Male Human
Major/Minor Skills: Earth Magic/Swords
Other: No preference in starting items
Backstory: A 6'4'' tall man, with short black hair and a penchant for mayhem
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 04:28:12 pm by CrimsonEon »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 04:11:42 pm »

Name: Derm Hell-binder
Gender/Race: Male Human.
Major/Minor Skill: Fire magic and summoning magic.
Other:   Staff of the Flame, Tomb of fiendish lore, Sentient indestructible suitcase. A really, really large and pointy wizards hat. Blue robes.
Backstory: 5'11'', Nobody can actually see his skin or hair, but his eyes are a very bright shade of green. Neutral Evil in method but True Neutral in motive. I guess?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 04:26:15 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 04:21:56 pm »

Reserved. Because everyone else is being a jerk and doing it.

Tarran An'ic'ia, I summon you back from the abyss of the "RTD works" folder!

Name: Tarran An'ic'ia
Gender/Race: Male half human/demon with a little bit of angel sprinkled around randomly.
Major/Minor Skill: Major Longsword. Minor Holy magic.
Other: Make the sword awesome. And give him some damn armor because I'm not going around slashing people without armor. :P
Backstory: Tarran is the son of a demon father and a human mother. His father was the lord of an unimportant village where his mother lived; of course taken by force. Tarran was taken by his father and raised for several years--abused all the while--before he escaped captivity. He went back to his mother... only to have her killed and almost be caught again by his father. He traveled a long ways to a monastery to a god of good in Earthhaven. Initially, he wasn't accepted, but a friendly monk eventually let him in, where he spent the next few years trying to get the god to forgive him for being the unfortunate son of a demon, wherein he learned his mother was related to an angel, and she wasn't that distant of a relative at that. Eventually, the god forgave him, and he decided that he wanted to help Earthhaven more directly, and has since entered The Academy's service. Tarran is 22 years old, a little tall for an average human, Skin is a mid-point between Caucasian (you know, white people?) and gray (actual gray), Blue eyes, black hair, has a demon's tail, and is mildly muscled.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 04:35:45 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 04:23:40 pm »

Reserve

Name: Ochita
Gender/Race: Male elf
Major/Minor Skill: Water magic/Runecrafting
Other: Staff of the water soul, book of runes
Backstory: Ochita doesn't really want to talk about his past. 5'11, fair skin, brown eyes. Black hair, that is a little bit messy. He wears blue flowing robes.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 04:26:38 pm by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 04:24:11 pm »

Reserved

Name: Alexander Kyrby
Major/Minor Skill: Dodging/Archery
Other: Preferably start with Bow and Arrows and some light armour. And a small knife for when shit got real.
Bio: If Australia existed, then Alexander would have had a really Australian accent. His tall and slim build, coupled with his light stubble, gave the impression of a well-refined gentleman. His home was destroyed by the corrupted creatures, and he now wanted to learn magic to save his friends and family.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 04:34:53 pm by ExKirby »
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2011, 04:24:40 pm »

In if I can.

Name: Altron
Major/Minor Skill: Ice magic/Sword
Other: Possesses a circlet set with what he claims to be an ice diamond, and a trusty (or was it rusty?) sword he claims to be a heirloom.
Backstory: Pale, blue-eyed, and tall. Has a fully-shaved head. Tends to be quiet, but boastful, unless provoked, where he can explode into rage.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2011, 04:40:31 pm »

Mine, and Tarran's characters are similar I see.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi II - Full, Waitlist Available
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2011, 04:45:35 pm »

Working on characters now. I believe we'll start with 6 and maybe add some more in later, so Taricus, adwarf, HmH, CrimsonEon, dermonster, and Tarran are in. The rest go on the waiting list.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2011, 04:45:36 pm »

Only my guy's actually half a demon and partially angel. But yeah, kinda similar, which is strange since I didn't even intend for it to be similar.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2011, 04:49:01 pm »

Only my guy's actually half a demon and partially angel. But yeah, kinda similar, which is strange since I didn't even intend for it to be similar.
It suprised me to I didn't think anyone would get an idea like mine
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21