Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21

Author Topic: Staggered Magi II (Turn 16: Treacherous)  (Read 26924 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi II - Full, Waitlist Available
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2011, 06:25:30 pm »

As a reminder, you can continue snooping around and come back to a job later. This might be particularly useful if you intend to be working as a team with anyone.

"In constant demand..." Garied thought as he listened to one last guard, on this, Garied decides to ask about for any information on the beasts and demons, specifically a library or archive of sorts that he could use in preparation for his future hunts.
[1] You find a bookshelf devoted to using the undead in cooking recipes.

You have absolutely no idea why this even exists. Anywhere.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi II - Full, Waitlist Available
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2011, 06:26:49 pm »

It could be using undead cooks or utensils ;D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi II - Prologue
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2011, 06:29:46 pm »

'I accept your offer, but in payment I would like some more friends like the one here on my shoulder deal ?'
He laughs. "E'ryone gets a fair share, y'see. If'n ye be into birds, I'm sure me an' my associates can provide."

((Missed this somehow))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2011, 06:37:26 pm »

"Alright than I will return with the supplies, but first I must tell my friends of this, maybe they can help me bring back more supplies for you." with that Tarok turned, and went to find the other in his group to tell them of the job, and ask if they wished to join him.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2011, 06:39:51 pm »

Garied stared at the books with a dumbfounded expression, "Well it would be nice to know how to obtain the undead for cooking in the first place.". Placing the books back on their shelves, and undeterred from trying to find information on the matter, searches for an archive about the Eastern Forest, preferably not involving cooking or cusine.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2011, 06:51:30 pm »

Garied stared at the books with a dumbfounded expression, "Well it would be nice to know how to obtain the undead for cooking in the first place.". Placing the books back on their shelves, and undeterred from trying to find information on the matter, searches for an archive about the Eastern Forest, preferably not involving cooking or cusine.
[5] Eastern forest, eastern forest...

Also known as the Silver Vale, and a dozen other names, the eastern forests are some of the least understood regions in the world. Nobody knows what caused their radical transformation, and there doesn't seem to be anything in charge of more than small groups and local regions of it.

In most places, it's more or less a misty forest of massive trees. It's inhabited by mindwarping fey and savage beasts, making accurate descriptions of it hard to get and harder to verify. Much of it seems hostile or at least dangerous, but there are accounts of relatively benign- and certainly fantastic- inhabitants and locations.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2011, 07:44:35 pm »

"No thanks."

Go looking for some Captain of the Guard or something. (again, not some mercenary guy).
Go looking for some high Mage or something.
Go looking for some high Priest or something.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2011, 08:15:12 pm »

"No thanks."

Go looking for some Captain of the Guard or something. (again, not some mercenary guy).
Go looking for some high Mage or something.
Go looking for some high Priest or something.
[5] You find the captain of the guard for Silvertorch, a relatively large settlement to the northeast. Supposedly it gets a mixture of demons from the north and fey from the east, and sometimes it's hard to tell the two apart. Duty there tends to warp the mind, making it of paramount importance that those serving be of strong will or not easily corrupted to begin with. The Silver Guard, as the town guards there are called, is renowned for its virtue and bravery as a result.

[1] You find a powerful mage. He says he needs someone to help him with his experiments- vital, he assures you, to the survival of Earthhaven. You ask what happened to his last guard.

"Various mutations," he replies nonchalantly.

[1] You find a woman in white robes, apparently a high priestess. She asks you if you're looking for "salvation" while winking.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2011, 08:18:05 pm »

Mind telling me about the high priestess Tarran? ;D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2011, 08:20:46 pm »

Well I quess I told everyone about my mission, so

Look for a staff to use in battle, and a knife.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2011, 08:25:08 pm »

Well I quess I told everyone about my mission, so

Look for a staff to use in battle, and a knife.
It's generally assumed that you can interact with each other within reason, so yes, it can be assumed anyone who's interested has heard.

Gathering equipment will have to wait until the game properly begins, however.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2011, 08:35:20 pm »

Oh darn then I quess I need to wait, because I already know where I am going (Those undead I might be able to make them mine with my necromancy.)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2011, 08:35:30 pm »

[1] You find a powerful mage. He says he needs someone to help him with his experiments- vital, he assures you, to the survival of Earthhaven. You ask what happened to his last guard.

"...Good or bad ones?"

[1] You find a woman in white robes, apparently a high priestess. She asks you if you're looking for "salvation" while winking.
*Snicker*

"Uhhhhhhhh... no, no, no thanks uhhhh..."

Roll to resist.

...:P

Mind telling me about the high priestess Tarran? ;D
Oh you, ::)
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2011, 08:41:08 pm »

"...Good or bad ones?"
"Well, everything is relative. In any case, he left to pursue other endeavors."

*Snicker*

"Uhhhhhhhh... no, no, no thanks uhhhh..."

Roll to resist.

...:P
[4] You politely and successfully decline.

Oh darn then I quess I need to wait, because I already know where I am going (Those undead I might be able to make them mine with my necromancy.)
Yeah, it's unfortunate, but there's not much to be done about it. I really didn't want to make and drop and encyclopedia on everyone and say "pick a spot," nor did I want to assign them something, so we're stuck with this. Which is nice, so long as you have some use for it.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2011, 08:42:13 pm »

Ah its fine
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21