Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Your first Fun  (Read 5949 times)

reteip9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your first Fun
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2011, 06:26:40 pm »

On my first fort I accidentally breached the HFS but managed to seal it without any casualties (phew!),
I forgot to put up defenses or a door near my entrance so my entire fort of around 40 dwarves got slaughtered and when I reclaimed 2 dwarves got killed because of ghosts which I couldn't bury or memorialise (manages to get rid of them using runesmith) and now half of the vegetation oustide the fortress is covered in Urist McDead's blood.
If it were Failcannon, a siege butchering the population would constitute an event of minor interest that would barely be mentioned in comparison to the overseer's latest obsessive construction.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2011, 12:28:47 pm »

My 'first' fun was more like my first, second, and twenty-third fun. I get so hung up in building massive agricultural operations that I forget to even put down a few lines of cage traps at my wide open entrance (not so much anymore).

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2011, 12:32:55 pm »

I was playing Genesis mod.

I was introduced to A group of ents and entwifes.

My three man militia was decimated, and the walls of the dining room were painted bright red.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2011, 03:08:44 pm »

abandons don't count, i suppose. i killed all my dwarves on purpose once because i got bored with a fort, so i don't count that. so far, a fortress never fell from something i couldn't stop.. this new one though.. maybe i'll find Fun here

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2011, 10:30:44 am »

My first fun goes back to the 2D version, a few years ago (I don't really want to find out how many exactly...).

It was my first ever game: I had embarked near a herd of E's. I had only read a few things in the wiki at the time, so I didn't now a lot of things: "What are those again? Ah, elephants! Nice, I can send my hunter, hopefully they'll provide me with some much needed food for the first winter."
What happened next? Well, my hunter got stomped, so I fled back into the mountain, sealing my six remaining dwarves in without much food or booze... When they started to show sings of starvation a few seasons later (I didn't now how to set up a farm yet), I decided to take my first attempt at engineering and tried to flood the world using two floodgates and the cave river, hoping to get rid of the elephants. Fun ensued, as my front door was open. That's when I realized DF was the best game ever made, I've been playing ever since, and have encountered almost any kind of fun you can think of.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2011, 09:08:33 pm »

Back in the olden days of 40d, I embarked on a frozen ocean and carved out some rooms in the ice. I then proceeded to fill the rooms with my dwarves and their possessions only to find out that oceans melt...quickly. That was my first fun.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Cormack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2016, 02:59:11 pm »

Goblins... nasty little creatures.
Yes, I'm gay.
Pages: 1 2 [3]