Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Is this thread dying? THE CORRECT ANSWER: No.

Yes.
No.
Maybe, but I hope not.
Maybe, and I hope it dies.
IT'S ALIVE! HORRAY!
It's dead, but I wish it had continued to thrive.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 78

Author Topic: A "You son of an elf!" production: Ashes to Ashes (Succession fortress)  (Read 93539 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Portalpriests (Alt. Uni.)

------------------------------------------------------

All these dwarves are new. Everyone that I was alive with previously are dead, considering all the coffins in my planned out hospital. At least my memories are coming back, but I seem to share Dakost's memories as well. And truth be told Dakost doesn't even know everyone here either, better yet no one. I'm going to have to find the masons, one dwarf at a time. And the only way to do that was to follow the stone, walking towards one of the many, random ramps leading down. I passed various cavern trees planted in the dugout soil, breathing deeply taking in the damp stale air, mixed with mold abd mildew. Nothing like the caves, strangely I enjoy the small moments like this better now, then I did then. Reaching the first ramp by the living quarters and fields, walking across the newly built floors to the next ramp. I bumped into a fellow dwarf hauling a boulder "Oi, watch were you goin mate!" Nodding my head in his direction I contuined on hearing behind me "Bloody wankers, no respect for the masons."

There he is, Dakost. Yes he is just like Ulric, same aura. But this one is different, unlike Ulric he makes my beard itch like something fierce. Much more powerful soul yes? But why old Dakost? What does it call it'self and why is it here? Same with Ulric? Argh too many questions and my beard is driving me nuts!

Can't I get any peace? The local nut-bar is running around hiding behind corners watching me. I'm a dwarf like him HA! Yeah right like I enjoy being a midget, how do they even walk? Oh well one day I'll just kill all these little bastards, shame I have to wait...

One stone, two stone, three stone. So many frickin stones, I know I'm a mason but come on I only took this profession because of the money. But now im regretting it, all the people I work with are idoits. Not to long ago one of them bumped into me, not even a sorry. What a prick.

EDIT: Fixed a epic typo ;)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 04:37:38 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

and my bread is driving me nuts!
Epic typo!  :P
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Noah, you ARE taking your turn, right? I'd have have asked you in a PM, but you disabled receiving them or something.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 03:50:24 pm by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

and my bread is driving me nuts!
Epic typo!  :P

HAHA! It's a easy mistake I missplaced the "r" thanks for pointing that out :P my Gf says I make alot of those, same with the term "grammer" whatever that is :)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I make typos all the time too. My browser(opera) just corrects them. You`ll still see my grammar errors, I have to fix those manually.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Noah is skipped, three days is long enough. That means noodle is up again. ARMOK REST OUR SOULS...
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 03:08:54 pm by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

we are all going to die, which is what happened to my Alt.Uni it went to hell in a hand basket, My ignorance lead me to leave Ulric the super-uber soldier to defend the whole for... was I wrong. now if my Re-Turn ever rolls around again I'm not making that mistake next round. Also could I go last for the Re-Turns?

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bottom of the list?
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

alright...noodle hasn't responded...so...I guess hugo is up again. Man so few people even notice this thread! We are in desperate need of more overseers! Readers, I urge you to consider taking a turn as overseer!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 03:41:37 pm by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Alright downloading, also you forgot to update the OP's download, luckly I knew my new save to stat from was on page 15 :) also downloading as I post. Its a hour and a half :(

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

you forgot to update the OP's download
Fixed! good luck! *prays to armok that the gods bless us with more overseers*
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

This is the journal log of Professor Lloyd Matchrelics, on the 1st of granite 21 I was inquired about overseer by Rahn the engraver. Strangely I remember the stories of Hugo and how he designed the very “Madhouse” that doubled as a outpost and hospital. It now only serves as a small hospital, burial ground, and living quarters, as more small 2x2 rooms have been dug and engraved. Only they only contain beds for rest, no traction benches or surgery tables. Rahn had ordered some monument built, some outstanding orders were left for construction I shall allow them to be carried out. First order of business is to cut all trees growing inside of our fort to make room for farming, the excess wood to be turned into bins a barrels.

Noticed that Lokum Knotgranite has gone fey, and is hunting down a crafts shop. I am saddened that the “Oozing Death” lingers there, causing the victim to ooze pus from every part of their body before bleeding to death. Maybe I should investigate Hugo’s grave to try and find a cure fo this plauge...

EDIT: Master checkout this thread http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=87099.0 its F.O.R.T (fortress overseer recuitment thread) suposedly you can post this fort and it will help with getting more overseers?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 11:53:17 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I did that about a day after i first started this topic, take a look at the last time F.O.R.T. was edited. July 5th! All he did was remove the modded fortress section. Thanks for trying to help though!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

I did that about a day after i first started this topic, take a look at the last time F.O.R.T. was edited. July 5th! All he did was remove the modded fortress section. Thanks for trying to help though!
It's all we can do right?
and my super big Update, I played all from spring to autumn so I hope you all enjoy, and as a bouns I have Snapshots! they are fairly big so im dropping them into spoilers for your viewing enjoyment.

Portalpriests 21
--------------------------------------------
   This is the journal log of Professor Lloyd Matchrelics, on the 1st of granite 21 I was inquired about overseer by Rahn the engraver. Strangely I remember the stories of Hugo and how he designed the very “Madhouse” that doubled as a outpost and hospital. It now only serves as a small hospital, burial ground, and living quarters, as more small 2x2 rooms have been dug and engraved. Only they only contain beds for rest, no traction benches or surgery tables. Rahn had ordered some monument built, some outstanding orders were left for construction I shall allow them to be carried out. First order of business is to cut all trees growing inside of our fort to make room for farming, the excess wood to be turned into bins a barrels.

Noticed that Lokum Knotgranite has gone fey, and is hunting down a crafts shop. I am saddened that the “Oozing Death” lingers in the caverns, causing the victim to ooze pus from every part of their body before bleeding to death. Maybe I should investigate Hugo’s grave to try and find a cure fo this plauge...

After investigating Hugo’s coffin any trace of “Oozing Death” was gone, although underneath his skeleton was a small journal. Perhaps it holds what I seek, if not then at least I can get some of his ideas. Why must the answer to this problem be so elusive?

17th Granite
   Reading Hugo’s journal proved useful to me being an overseer, as he had plans. Not great plans but some are very good, one I have set into motion is the Atom-Smasher. There are way too many hatches, and who knows maybe if we can’t sell the thieves clothes at least we can dispose of them.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

11th Slate
   The journal contains a few more ideas that seem practical, like the water reactor facility and the larger dwarf-built hospital. Written under both of these are “Uses useless stone, and serves purpose.”. I have taken the outer door off the “Monument” and sealed it off, it will useful for storing weapons, armor, and ammo fo the soldiers.

20th Slate
   Migrants have come,
the first one is a jeweller novice in: gem setting, gem cutting, leather working, and bone carving.
A talented fisherman that is also: competent trapper, and a adequate ambusher,
a talented soap maker that is also: skilled wound dresser, with novice flattery skills he was made a full-time medic,
then another I assigned to medical duty she was accomplished wound dresser and suturer a proficient trapper a competent cook and a novice metalsmith and swimmer,
a high master fisher cleaner, that is also a proficient mason and swimmer.
A crafter that was drafted,
a child called Imush Clawsack I have a feeling he wont be kidnapped easily.
Then a talented furnace operator/novice weaponsmith
then came two craftsmen, one being a high master glassmaker the other a high master bone carver
someone drafted as a macedwarf,
and a butcher that got assigned more farming duties,
another craftsman dealing in cloth and bones,
a peasent that was trained as a crossbowman,
a trapper gone full out woodsman,
a craftsman drafted as a hammerdwarf,
a mechanic that is multi talented,
a miner that has been given mason duties for building walls and such,
a hunter who was drafted,
another furnace operator that is also a weaponsmith.
Finally that is the last of them, my wrist was getting cramped filling out all the paperwork, I am ordering a new hospital to be built. And the pathway to the monument from underground has been ordered to be enlarged.

27th Slate
   I have ordered that a stairwell be carved down to the magma sea, at the same time I have issued the construction of the water reactor facility and a exuberant amount of pipes, EC screws, and blocks. This project will be difficult to complete, but we must bring magma to us.

Stairs down to magma

WRF (Water Reactor Facility)

15th Felsite
   A theif was spotted near the construction site for the water reactor facility, Ulric was despatched to take care of the vermin. The thief was deftly dealt with, it had its limbs severed before it was killed. Those parts have been sent to the Atom Smasher. I have made a fatal error, the water in our area freezes in winter. This will cause a issue with the reactor, I had it deconstructed and moved underground, from there we should be able to fill the chambers with water easier as well. A win, win situation.

fail

new place for it

1st Hematite
   The new hospital is dug-out, just need the beds, tables, and traction benches. But my attention is draw to the WRF if we can harness power of water, we can use magma for other things, even farm obsidian. I will finally put a use to all those un-fashioned doors, they will be the water gates for the WRF.

21st Hematite
   The craftsdwarf that went into a un-reversible depression, finally died of thurst. In other terms the order all stone and gems will be placed in the centre of the fortress, and the WRF is almost ready to be put into action. All that needs to be done is the walls and floors smoothed, watergate access and the control room completed.

14th Malachite
   Limul Bidokodok one of our woodcutters was savagely mauled by a seal, as we were treating him all he could scream was “They can look into your SOUL!” eventually when he was given booze he calmed down and went to sleep. The seal had bit his left lower arm and right foot with such force it shattered the bone, I think is lucky injury was the bruised muscle in his upper left arm. He is being treated as I write this report, damn wildlife is hindering my progress. Maybe the new squad of soldiers need some combat training? Yes these seals must be removed from the area, can’t have something gazing into your souls can we?

27th Malachite
   More migrants... sigh more paperwork we already have seventy-four bodies, honestly how many more people do we need? I have a feeling we will have a larger military buy the time I’m finished filling out all these forms. Ok we have:
A pump operator: drafted to building crew and weaponsmithing
Another medic: assigned bedroom within new hospital.
Child: when I tried to tell it to be on the building crew it just screamed “I can do what a please!” little brat...
Another medic: same as last medic
Animal caretaker: more of animal pisstaker, assigned lye, ash, and soap making
A Bowyer: been given a axe for wood cutting and building crew
Peasent: Been made Captain of the guard, pissed Ulric off but I don’t give a shit about her (weird name for a girl)
Another pump operator: same as last one

And that is it for filthy wonderful migrants. Now can we get back to business?

17th Galena
   We are besieged by overgrown lizards with speech impediments, they only have copper gear so our military should handle them. As a precaution all civilians are ordered to remain indoors, the merchants should be protected by their guards and the enemy eradicated by our soldiers.

11th Limestone
   We underestimated the lizard folk, they killed two of our dwarves. Not to mention maiming and crippling two as well, Kikrost has his lower right arm gone shame he was a righty. Kikrost and Zaneg will be using crutches for the rest of their lives, but at least the siege was broken. Ulric took smug pride in not being injured and killing eleven of the beasts, The lizard folk were beaten back, we suffered one loss, they suffered over eleven. Only one injury was crippling and that was Zaneg’s right hand, it’s too badly damaged to be of use anymore. Ulric killed ten of the beasts and prides how she never got hurt, I just don’t understand how is she so good? Must be something... Wait what’s scribbled at the back of Hugo’s journal? Hard to read, going to decipher this later.

This is surpose to be the military barracks, it's so I can move all the weapons and armour and ammo our of Rahn's monument (I'm sure he wants it back) and to train out soldiers as well as use up some stone.

EDIT: yes the fail image for the WRF was kinda redunant but I was too in character :)

EDIT2: just noticed a error with paragraph two :(
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 09:13:41 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hugo, your the best(and the only other person who is even active on this thread) overseer The Outrageous Boat has ever had! Oh, here's a bit of a history lesson: The founders of Portalpriests were known as "The Outrageous Boat". I just think that "The Outrageous Boat" is a WAY better name than Portalpriests! History lesson over, now skat ya crazy ankle-biters! :P

EDIT: feel free to name some of the dwarves like you did last time, and keep up the good work, or I'll burn your house down with combustible lemons! AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA!!!!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 08:02:09 pm by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 78