Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Is this thread dying? THE CORRECT ANSWER: No.

Yes.
No.
Maybe, but I hope not.
Maybe, and I hope it dies.
IT'S ALIVE! HORRAY!
It's dead, but I wish it had continued to thrive.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 78

Author Topic: A "You son of an elf!" production: Ashes to Ashes (Succession fortress)  (Read 93530 times)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

You rock! keep up "the master"ful work! get it?
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

I'll hopefully have a update 2morrow, work was a little long and the gf took most of the free time lol

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since it's really just going to be the two of us for quite some time to come, take all the time you need, WITHIN REASON!
cheers!  :D
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

ill load up the last save to see if my comp 'splodes. if it doesn't ill see what i could do.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

sign me up.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

YOU GOT IT! FINALLY ANOTHER PERSON! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 08:57:23 am by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

These raw recruits sicken me, even them being dwarves sickens me. Why Ostar have you placed me in this wretched and stunted body? I guess the purpose was to get me closer to them, get them to trust me. Still do the memories of my life as a human please me, it doesn’t bother me that I was kidnapped and raised by the void walkers. In a sense I felt completely at home, the laws of man, nephilim, and dwarf just seem so... oppressing. Why can’t you kill someone for the hell of it? Why can’t you steal? If your stronger and more cleaver then your victim why should it matter? And prisoners, why not just torture them till they spill what you want, or just torture for fun? Guess I will have to continue this facade until the time is right... And right now at this time teaching these fools how to dodge is painful, they fail, and fail badly.

Can nobody walk around here without bumping into someone or something? These passages are too small, first order of business is to have all passages widened. Not too bad for the first day as Overseer, I think a nice barrel of lime vodka will suffice, maybe have a platinum ring made and encrusted with blue jade. Nah lime vodka is enough, for now. Argh my legs are killing me, and im short of breathe. Maybe I should hit the barracks for some training? No too tiring, well there’s two things females love. That is big things and rich dwarves, well I’m both so being fat isn’t so bad.

Astis is real, if I’m to believe Hugo’s notes. Giving Darius the position as Overseer was just to lower my profile, The connection of Ostar and Ulric is still non-existent. But I will crack this case, if my suspicions are correct... Then we must take action.

Blasted creatures, I don’t even know what the heck a carbuncle is, or a jackalope. I’m having all these critters placed under the holy ATOM SMASHER. I have to say it was Professor Lloyd’s greatest idea, hopefully noone reads this... But I talk to her at night when everyone’s sleeping, she doesn’t respond, but I like to touch her lever. All that power...

Winter has come, Darius’s grand plan of dumping excess food and un-needed items is still underway. Nothing on Ulric as of yet, and defiantly no injured dwarves. It’s a good thing but my medical skill I feel is going to waste. Lately I haven’t been able to observe Ulric, as she spends all her time training the soldiers, or lounging in her specially made ‘Heroes’ room. I’m starting to regret giving Darius the Overseer duty... He has gone power mad already, he just ordered a castle be built for him, with a Temple to Astis.

Ah I love being Overseer, my word is law. And I feel like I’ve been neglected for far too long, so my own personal castle is being built by my lessers fellow dwarves. So far the small pool has been built, and the kitchens. Just the outer walls and some inner chambers need to be built, oh yes and my bedroom, throne room, dining room, and the temple.
Spoiler: Stage 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stage 2 (click to show/hide)

* * Later that night * *

It was dark and quiet, not a sound could be heard in the fortress. Save that of Darius the Book-Keep, as he scuttled and tip-toed through the hallways. Everything about his lard coated features was sneaky tonight, even his hands padded the air sneakily as if to make him lighter. He went through a few doors, and down some ramps. Past the dorm where the room-less dwarves slept, stifling a snicker that threatened to explode to violent outburst. For what Darius intends this night, is to play with a toy of his. He reached the final ramp as the smell of rot and animals did his nose, and then he crept. Like a over-fed cat stalking a blind, deaf, and crippled mouse, he slithered towards the lever. Caressing it, he spoke softly "You like it when daddy holds you like this? I bet you do. What’s that? You want me to pull you? I don’t know baby, what if the fortress hears? Hehe your right, what the fort don’t know wont hurt it." and with that he gave a mighty pull. Several clanks and groaning of gears later, the atom smasher came down like a hand of god. Crushing everything under it, Carbuncles, Jackalopes, Turtles, bones, corpses, food, seeds, and whatever refuse the dwarves had thrown there. Was wiped from existence. So then Darius the Fat made his way back to his room, all the way across the fortress. Smiling.

OOC: Decided to go with a different writing style, for a bit at least. And I've Noticed that Dwarf Time goes by very slowly

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Also I got Overseer (3D visualiser) to work for the newest version of DF 31.25, and here are some of our built projects

Spoiler: Rahn's Monument (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darius's Castle (rear) (click to show/hide)

Enjoy what I can supply :)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 04:07:15 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's awsome! I'm glad to have such a faithful dwarf on my side!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 08:57:14 am by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Spring has come and my servants hard working brethren are only 26% complete my castle, this is unacceptable. I demand that this structure and its surrounding defensive wall be built ASAP, or there will be blood. BLOOD BY SMASHER!

MIGRANTS! Yes more hands to build my castle, but I have noticed that some of the mechanics have been going away for a bit then showing up sometime later. One of my informants tell me Professor Lloyd has in mind a project to bring magma to us, and it involves water. I always thought water turned magma into solid obsidian? I’ve grown lax in my book keeping skills, then again I only did what I had to.

I have lead a band of fellow dwarves to a place called Portalpriests, It is fairly unique. A grand wall is being built and a castle as well, there was a random door-less building I passed to the entrance. I was expecting a cheerful greeting with open arms, open arms is right as I was drafted to mason duty to help with the construction of the castle. The guy who ordered this, and drafted me was Darius. A immensely obese and short dwarf, waving a goat haunch around like a sceptre and taking a bite letting grease run down his mouth and into his beard.

Spoiler: Darius (click to show/hide)

Someone dropped a stone “Hey! Do that again and I’ll put you in the SMASHER!” with that sudden outburst chewed meat sprayed and got embedded in his beard as well. “YOU!” pointing his menacing lunch at me as if it where a dagger “Pick up a rock, AND START WORKING!”. I walked off towards where the other three dwarves that came with me where. “Boi Janus, di’ ya real’y just bring us here? It’s a slave camp, but it’s probal’y better then Trol’s.” Onol’s heavy accent was hard to understand, but the others nodded in agreement. Agreeing to this is better or worse, I don’t know yet.

OOC: There is still alot to build, like the magma pump-stack its almost complete tho. And the Castle could be done before my turn is up, I donno

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't wait to see your next update!
EDIT: wait...WHY IS THE BROKER IN CHARGE?!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 08:57:09 am by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

A gem setter got possessed and make a white opal armor stand which the dwarf called it “Ultrawaxes the Defence of Spirals” on it is a image of dwarves working, it relates to when The Outrageous Boat founded this place. It’s a nice piece of work, no doubt Darius will put it in his castle. 

A farmer was enraged at being hungry, thirsty, getting woken up at night, not having his own room, not enough tables and chairs. So he punched our mayor in the face, and being a farmer he was a bit too strong and crushed the mayor’s skull killing him instantly.

Summer has come, the WRF and the MPS (Magma Pump Stack) are close to the testing stage. We are still Stage 2 of the castle, and will be for some time. As scaffolding must be built, and then removed, and built again in some places, leading to difficult building. But Darius wants it built before spring, I don’t think that is possible. - David Cryptmet, Professional Manson.

* * Within the Water Reactor Facility * *

“Scrubs, is the W.R.F. and M.P.S. ready for operation?” Scrubs started clicking her tongue, something she does when trying to remember something. She would have outright said yes if she had hooked it up herself, but with Darius power mad, she had to make appearances. It was up to her staff to set it all up, and from their reports she had her answer.
“Yes Professor, they are ready. Myself and one of my staff will assist me in turning the reactors manually, but once they pick up momentum they will power themselves.”
“Scrubs I have a question. Is the extra level we dug out needed?”
Her tongue clicked again as sh counted off her fingers, it’s been a few years since this project was started, and recalling the Input/Output of Urists wasn’t too hard but not easy to find either. 4950 Urists of output, and with all the pumps, gears, and axles the input needed would be 2934 Urists.
“No Professor, it as only a precaution. It would have been there if we needed it.”
“Good thinking scrubs. Now let’s fire it up and bring glory to our people.”
“Yes, Sir.”

Scrubs and started the lower level, and I watched the Uirst-O-Graph
“200 Urists, 400 Urists, 600 Urists, 900, Urists and still rising. Scrubs this is incredible, yes I know we had it working years ago but it was flawed.”
“Professor look, the Urists... They...”
“Have over exceeded out expectations. 5600 Urists that is 650 more Urists then calculated. Quickly hook up the MPS the FPS have dropped from 58 to 13, we don’t have much time before everything gets caught in limbo.”
“Yes, Sir.”
Scrubs tried to go as fast as she could, but with the WRF consuming FPS and Water to create the needed Urists it was like watching someone crawl through hardening plaster. But she finally made it, sliding the connecting axle into the gearbox and pulling the lever to activate it. The U-O-M was reading 5400 to 5800 Urists but there was a problem, the required Urists were dropping, why? Oh no
“Scrubs shut it down, the pumps are melting. The magma is too hot, SHUT IT DOWN!”

* * At Darius Castle * *

Something really weird happened, I was just about to take a bite from this delicious tallow roast then everything slowed down. Felt like it took me hours to take one bite, then it went back to normal. There was more migrants, I’m too lazy to take their names and professions. They will be told by someone else to build the castle, also where is Professor Lloyd? He’s been missing of late.

OOC: More screens using Overseer the 3D Visualiser

Spoiler: Castle North-East (click to show/hide)

EDIT:
I can't wait to see your next update!
EDIT: wait...WHY IS THE BROKER IN CHARGE?!
MUAHAHAHA It's just me trying to improve my writing craft. And adding a small Plot
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 09:33:14 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

for some reason(most likely from watching too much Doctor Who) I imagined the whole water reactor scene taking place during WWII(in a strange place known only as...REAL LIFE...)!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 08:57:02 am by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

for some reason(most likely from watching too much Doctor Who) I imagined the whole water reactor scene taking place during WWII(in a strange place known only as...REAL LIFE...)!

Now you you just made me want to give Professor Lloyd a Nazi accent and personality :P

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

here is a story I wrote that documents the history of this fortress all the way up to the end of the barony(believe it or not, at one point it really was one)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 08:56:50 am by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 78