Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Is this thread dying? THE CORRECT ANSWER: No.

Yes.
No.
Maybe, but I hope not.
Maybe, and I hope it dies.
IT'S ALIVE! HORRAY!
It's dead, but I wish it had continued to thrive.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 78

Author Topic: A "You son of an elf!" production: Ashes to Ashes (Succession fortress)  (Read 93222 times)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

I am the founder of The Outrageous Boat, and I approve this message.  8)
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Thank you Noodle, Very nice writing, Heres a small update before I Clock out, Also Glad we are pressing forward, Onword to greatness. If not... Horrible death by tickling... Involving... Mayo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hearing muffeled, but hurried footsteps come "Hugo the restless souls torment us, even in our small shelter they haunt us." gazing at the moon and stroking my briaded beard and moustache. I turned to Led one of our miners "We must find the bodies of these souls then. and set them to rest. While we are at it, gather up some of the traction benches, tables, chairs, and beds." with that Led's footsteps could be heard towards the small outpost leaving me back to my thoughts. What dangers were here? What creatures from the caverns have they found?

Reports from Catton and the miners say that the farming area has been dugout and are now working on planting and digging out the stroage and meeting area, then medical chambers. "What in the world is that?" Muttering under my breath, on the horizen there was... Seals? Arn't those artic critters? strange...

I can't sleep, too much noise. If its not the mining, its the ghosts. Enough to drive someone to madness. Why did the Queen really send me? What did I ever do to deserve this? NOTHING! Thats what. Hopefully once we set this small base of operations up, We can cease this madness. If not, I'll just make this my home. Might as well take whats given, and I'm damn well taking it. This is the Journal Log of Hugo Bronzelances 12th Felsite, Late Spring.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile

Just a quick question.
I haven't bothered to check yet, but do all three cave-ins eventually go off by the end of spring?

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A half burnt journal entry from the chief medical dwarf's journal is found in the rubble of the hospital:
...th...o...late spring...

"so...many wounded! I'm just one man...even the mayor is suffering from head trama! CURSE THE OVERSEER! ever sense he went mad, the roof has caved in at three key points in the fortress! IF I EVER SEE THAT MAN...NOODLE...that's what we called him...IF I SEE HIM...I'LL RIP HIS HEART OUT WITH MY BEAR HANDS!!!!!!"
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 03:28:00 pm by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile

A half burnt journal entry is found in the rubble of the hospital:
...th...o...late spring...

"so...many wounded! I'm just one man...even the mayor is suffering from head trama! CURSE THE OVERSEER! ever sense he went mad, the roof has caved in at three key points in the fortress! IF I EVER SEE THAT MAN...NOODLE...that's what we called him...IF I SEE HIM...I'LL RIP HIS HEART OUT WITH MY BEAR HANDS!!!!!!"
*Five minutes later, an overtly complex trap was found above The Master's office. when questioning nearby dwarves of his wearabouts, they said they had just finished adding a Bauxite door to his room. He has not been seen since a strange warmth started radiating from the door
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"AAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!! LET ME OUT!!!! IT BURNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"mmmmph...mmmmphh!"
"what's that noise?"
"mmmmph!!!!!!"
"ah, just another elephant."
*dying muffled screams*
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 01:48:57 pm by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

an interrogation transcript is found lying next to a skeleton near the overseer's office:

Interrogator: Do you know why you are here?

Noodle: Not a fucking idea.

Interrogator: You are here because "we" know about that little "plan" of yours.

Noodle: I don't know what the hell you're talking about!

Interrogator: WE KNOW THAT YOU ARE PLANNING TO DESTROY THE FORTRESS! TALK!

Noodle: YOU CANNOT STOP ME! THE LEVER HAS ALREADY BEEN PULLED!!!

Interrogator: Then there is only one punishment fitting for this level of treason.

Noodle: NO!

Interrogator: Execution.

----------------------------------
*the rest of the page is smeared in tears, blood, and loam dust*
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 02:03:56 pm by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

A Little *late* by my standards for a update, so heres the update I missed cause my Girlfriend wanted to goto the fair.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summer has arrived finally. Thought the season of the elf would never end. You know spending three months in this place, really made it grow on me. I am content, heh the moaning of the dead don't bother me, It pretty much sounds like wind. Only more eerie and dwarf-like, but my best-friend's uncle's sister's dog made that sound. So in a twisted way, It's just like home. I already began polishing my armor and weapons, never go anywhere without the stuff... Not the polish, my armor, sword, and axe.

That Hugo guy is the kinda dwarf that mutilates first, thinks of drinking during, then sleep after. Doesn't matter there is a use for muscle, Altho I'd wouldn't call him dumb... Not just yet...

The main medical chamber has been carved. Leaving a small room in the middle for medical staff to be housed. All thats left is the sick rooms to be carved under the medical chamber and the workshop area. As I thought, funny I am not even the leader of the misson yet I'm in command. Maybe its because of my weapons? Stopping as I felt the gentle summers breeze brush my face and russle by hair, the iron rings holding my braids together softly clinked, combined with the sound of grass bowing to the wind. Made this cursed place seem more like heaven. Then it was gone replaced with the cold touch and moans of dead souls, grumbling from the workers. And that small moment of bliss was tucked away into my memory. I still have that.

28th of Hematite, Early Summer. Led and Urdim finally got the workshop area clear, by request from Catton and Tekkud more barrels needed to be made, HA! Made! what jokers, I told them to go loot the hills, thats where there damn barrels be.

BAH! All these complainers, and we all know about the bloody dead, Astis knows. Grabbing my helmet I headed for the outdoors "Hugo where you going?" Bloody bastards want to know everything, always everything, instead of exploding and stangling the poor lout I responded with a cheerful "Going hunting." a dumbfound look struck his face, and he scrunched it up like a goblin was kissing his mother. "But your a Captain not a hunter..." ABOUT TIME someone uses my title. Waving him off I headed towards the seals. Poor buggers. And poor Doren.

Buckling the last strap on my boots, Catton bust through the doors screaming "Migrants!" my heart skipped a beat, finally some help in this accursed land. Soon it will be cleaned up and repaired to its formor glory, and these blasted bloodly ghost go away. First newcomer is  Momuz Godenmuthir Mason with some Animal Training, Bembul Egastmorul Fisherman also has some skill in surgery he has been labeled as a Medical Dwarf, Cerol Ninurrigoth Wood Burner has some skills in Masonry and Siege Engineering he could be of use later perhaps, Lorbam Tashemineth Woodcutter my kind of dwarf used to me a Mace Dwarf also did some brewing in the army, then lastly Stodir Mengzat Suturer thats all he does so hes a Medical Dwaf. Sigh all this writing really can wear somedwarf out. I'm going to go hurt and hopefully kill something.

Some more migrants came, a great handful to help with bringing this fortress to its glory from 11 up to 20. We have begun the clean-up of the old Fortress. Soon we will have all the debris removed. Floors and rooms rebuilt. The self distruct really did a number on the layout. But I have faith it can be rebuilt. Hugo

With the hopes of moving the acual living quarters of the outpost to the fortress I have made the outpost's medical chambers to the burial grounds. We have removed most of the old workshops and furniture in the old fortress. Next is flooring over the holes, building walls, and getting a useful defence built.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile

Good update there!

I know you said you don't really like posting pictures, but I'd like to at least take a look at the refuge you dug out.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good update there!

I know you said you don't really like posting pictures, but I'd like to at least take a look at the refuge you dug out.
agreed. even if it's only ONE picture, it would help. if you REALLY can't, that's OK. I can wait until your turn is over. I always keep up to date with the fortress, so eventually I'll see for myself anyway.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

If I had High-Speed I might have posted pictures like crazy but even a small shot of my outpost would take time to upload on my crappy connection. But If you guys want by all means take pictures once im done my turn. If you like you can PM the Images URL and I can link-em to my updates. Altho once im done my turn everything will look different. I made my outpost in the upper left coner of our humble area.

P.S. Also working on next update posting soon

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Shitty thing I just started playing and All I get is
Hugo cancels store item in stockpile: Resting Injury
same with a migrant named Sodel

heres a quick update, I might have other one up tonight or 2morrow
------------------------------------------------------------------

I Hugo write this as my *the letters are covered with splattering of blood* strange substance *bloody smear* Sodel in caverns, one moment I was *more blood* then coughing up blood, dizzy, and sweating blood... I sent someone to *the rest of the page is torn out.*

The 9th of Hematite, afternoon T.O.D. Hugo and Sodel have both died of a mysterious substance found in the caves, Hugo lived long enough to tell us the rough location, we found and removed the danger. I Urist Chief Medical Examiner have taken charge of command, shame Hugo died, that was useful muscle. My dwarves call me "the Spider" as they think I poisoned Hugo and Sodel. Lies this land holds dangers we cannot fathom.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shitty thing I just started playing and All I get is
Hugo cancels store item in stockpile: Resting Injury
same with a migrant named Sodel

heres a quick update, I might have other one up tonight or 2morrow
------------------------------------------------------------------

I Hugo write this as my *the letters are covered with splattering of blood* strange substance *bloody smear* Sodel in caverns, one moment I was *more blood* then coughing up blood, dizzy, and sweating blood... I sent someone to *the rest of the page is torn out.*

The 9th of Hematite, afternoon T.O.D. Hugo and Sodel have both died of a mysterious substance found in the caves, Hugo lived long enough to tell us the rough location, we found and removed the danger. I Urist Chief Medical Examiner have taken charge of command, shame Hugo died, that was useful muscle. My dwarves call me "the Spider" as they think I poisoned Hugo and Sodel. Lies this land holds dangers we cannot fathom.
FANTASTIC! I LOVE IT! KEEP EM COMING!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

"Master" you love crazy, I got crazy. One moment this little endever is going fine. next thing Hugo, Sodel and a unimportant engraver bleed to death, I only managed to see the engraver suffering from pus splatter all over this body and organs. If it wasn't the strange sickness it was each other, as I'm posting I'm trying to keep what little I have alive...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20th of Hematite, morning. Thikut one of the new furnace operaters died from the very mysterious substance. I don't understand where did it come from. Good dwarves are bleeding to death like stuck pigs, but the offending blades source is unknown. I fear we may suffer a riot. Astis help us.

21st of Hematite, By Astis one of the engravers Youthmines was found in the caves... seeping pus from everywhere, I mean everywhere it made most of the dwarves sick, Hugo and Sodel died of infection, or something like that. But what is doing this? I fear this young lad will die from blood loss as his body subsitutes blood as a cleanser. Were is this contamate coming from? I have issued a order that everyone must remain in the outpost and for sure stay away from the caves. Until I can find a cure... Or any solution.

22nd of Hematite, Youthmines has died. I dont understand. But we are burning all bodies, maybe its some kindof spore-like virus. Sending out spores to infect other victums as it slowly devours and rots them, no not rot. Infect.

Already a woodcutter has snapped. he went to the corner to vent his rage. I hope he calms down and everyone can get level headed. I fear I have spoke too soon the shieif has beaten a bone caver and a woodcutter to death for their animal abuse.

Events of 3rd Malachite. "Please no, just relax, calm. Wait, no, no... NO!!!" as Urist "the Spider" scrambled backwords away from Catton, wielding his copper axe in his hand and a evil grin on his face. "You Spider, have been killing us slowly, using poisons that only dwarves of your medical profession know of, Hugo was like a father to me, and Sodel was my best friend. Youngmines did not deserve it either." Spider was sweating openly face paler then normal
"Catton I didn't poison them you must understand. I..."
"Enough lies. I shall end this madness now..."
"Catton Listen..."
"NO!!!"
Taking a wild swing Spider jumped back and evaded most of them until a lucky hit caught the Spider's right foot getting the axe stuck in the floor but splitting the foot like a log, prying the axe free and hoping to hit the Spider with the backswing of force he rolled away. With a savage roar Catton jumped swinging the axe and chopping into the Spider's upper left arm, blood sprayed out like gripping a ketchup bottle too hard very fast. The Spider raised the injuried arm to defend against another vicious blow, only to have his lower arm almost hacked off, he stared at it dumbfounded. Suffering from shock and disbelief as his lower arm dangled by a fingers width of muscle and skin...

All the rest of the fort could see was a shadow cast from Catton by the Spider's candle on his desk, a axe being raised, and lowered. Everytime the axe came down the dwarves heard a meaty thud and everytime it was raised the walls got painted a dark red. As a cue everyone begins killing anyone that involves healthcare, Miners turned digging tools into crud ice-picks and their targets blocks of ice. After they ran out of doctors it was each other, fist fights and tools and weapons. Blood was shed and blood flowed. Only one went stark raving mad babbling and stripping naked, crawling through the blood and gore.

As time went by some dwarves became suicidal, others crazy. Buzzards and other carrion beast came to feast on the death and madness. From all the killings only 11 live so far, 3 unsound of mind, leaving only 8 left that are sane, but quickly loosing it to the temption of insanity.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 01:00:39 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Such madness. But there is HOPE!!! middle of the summer and I got another migrant wave. FRESH MEAT! but there are two berserking dwarves. I'm locking down my own outpost, its nothing but a home for the insane and dead. Only problem is... Is Catton with us, or against us? Only two dwarves remain, Led the Miner and Catton the Woodcutter/Bone Carver slayer of "the Spider" and currently locked in a hospital room in the "Mad House" more update 2morrow this is intense.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 78