Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Is this thread dying? THE CORRECT ANSWER: No.

Yes.
No.
Maybe, but I hope not.
Maybe, and I hope it dies.
IT'S ALIVE! HORRAY!
It's dead, but I wish it had continued to thrive.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 78

Author Topic: A "You son of an elf!" production: Ashes to Ashes (Succession fortress)  (Read 93209 times)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

I'm hyper, sorry. Besides, keeps the crowd entertained, right?
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Sorry for the hold up, Girl friend kidnapped me, want to travel... alot. And yes I know im in the summer but im gonna try and finish up my turn and post my stories after? or just a alot of small groups. Very sorry for the white noise im a impatient person as well. And I did laugh at a few of the random engravings.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry for the hold up, Girl friend kidnapped me, want to travel... alot. And yes I know im in the summer but im gonna try and finish up my turn and post my stories after? or just a alot of small groups. Very sorry for the white noise im a impatient person as well. And I did laugh at a few of the random engravings.
Engraved on the wall is an image of Hugo_The_Dwarf, Hugo_The_Kobald, and Hugo_The_Elf. Hugo_The_Dwarf is laughing. Hugo_The_Kobald is in a fetal position. Hugo_The_Elf is crying. this image relates the procrastination of Hugo_The_Dwarf, in Canada, in the year 2011.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile

ADHD?

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Engraved on the wall is an image of Noodle0117, The Master, and a pebble. Noodle0117 is in a fetal position. The Master in a fetal position. the pebble is crying. This image relates to The Master saying yes to Noodle0117's question, in America, in the year 2011.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is a water sword. It menaces with wool spikes. On the item is an image of The Master in obsidian. The Master is in a fetal position. this image relates to-ME THROWING A TACO OUT THE WINDOW-in Boatmurdered, in the year 2012.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile

Hey you changed your sig!

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile

Enough of this.
Im sending my Dismounted English Knights and other goddamn overpowered infantry units from Medieval 2 to kill the ADHD.
YOU WILL BE FREE SOON, MASTER!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I CAN FLY! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! *SPLAT*
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 06:54:26 am by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile

I signed up a while ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I signed up a while ago.
my stupid cell phone! stupid tiny letters...I didn`t read your name, i looked at your pic and instantly assumed you were someone else.
P.S. "I AM THE MAN WHO MOVES ALL THE BLOCKS!"
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 06:58:48 am by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

On the 19th of Galena, Led, the engraver that was here before us. Finally died, she was traveling through the cave and was found dead the same way Hugo, Sodel, and Youthmines died. As the most qualified I'll take over this operation, so far the holes in the ceiling have been repaired its, only the inner floors and rooms that need to be fixed.

As several theives calling themselves Voidwalkers, were caught and killed we almost got a small bedding chamber fixed.. Or maybe it was the old medical room. But as I was dealing with the latest theif, a savage roar could be heard from the caverens. A babbling dwarf that went mad, starting screaming "The Forgotten Beast Munda Emenhain Thegoijita Dik has come! A gigantic hairy scorpion. It has large mandibles and it has a gaunt appearance. Its slate gray hair is long and straight. Beware its poisonous sting!" then he went back to crawling around yelling that someone stole his do-hicky and a unicorn was sleeping with his sister.

We have dug out a path to the Mad House / Medical Chamber, it still has its uses for burial and storage, or any type of workshop I surpose. And about the middle of Autumn some more mirgrants have arrived. A lye maker, woodworker, planter, another planter, stoneworker, and a trader. We are now 13. And the caves have been sealed. As we have no idea were that mystery substance is.

Winter has come and so has the merchants. We traded useless nick nacks for booze and metal. Some kind of flying people came before spring, they wouldn't trade anything so we killed their pack animals and took their goods.

Spring has arrived and I now pass on the title of overseer to whatever unfortunate soul that has to come here. Good luck.

Summary:
-Sealed/repaired all self distruct damage/holes
-Built small outpost/refuge in the cliffs to the north west (which now has its own history of blood and madness)
-Survived tantrum spiral thanks to lucky migrant wave
-Blocked off other enterances into the fort, as well as caves, and made a secure passage to the "Mad House"
-Managed to get 13 dwarves (Elcari)
-Dug a tunnel from the frozen brook to a small pool in the fort for unlimited supply of water.
-Setup various burinal chambers and a partially complete hospital.
-Removed alot of junk speeding up FPS
-Got rid of most of the evidence of a Self Distruct Device
-Munda Paddlelakes the God-forsaken Crecive of Mystery, Giant Hairy Scorpion Forgotten Beast trapped in caves.
-Still haven't been able to get rid of all the ghosts.
-All mentally sick dwarves have been removed.
-Setup small farms.

I have finally finished my turn / reclaim, my writing suffered as I had to rush everything. And I'm going to find a place with High Speed so I can upload the save so when I do this:

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4695 The Save

Will be edited to link you to the save
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 03:42:56 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Loved every second of it. You did awesome! Bravo! Fantastic! Can`t wait to see what happends next. Oh, when I go camping, can someone make sure everyone behaves and gets their turn done? Alot can happen in just three days. Thanks!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I downloaded the save on the first post, and it's empty. Where's the latest save for this? I'd like to give it a try.  :D

EDIT: Not as an overseer, at the moment. I'll... appraise the situation a little bit first.

I started the fort up and there were two fortresses on Reclaim mode. Endokor and Mistemkamuk. I tried the first one, and it was a small little shelter carved out in the mountain. Trying Mistemkamuk now.

EDIT 2: Aaaaand it appears Mistemkamuk is it. Jesus, are all succession fortresses like these? My cat's vomit has been far less messy, and far easier to clean up...

Oh well, Urist, drop your pick. Your on refuse duty.

EDIT 3: Argh shit! Cave in! Is this the save with the time bomb on? Jesus...

OK, I'm going to have to ask which addle brained, drunk half wit designed this shoddy excuse of a fort. There's water leaking. Everywhere. Four ghosts haunt the place, one of them howling around and causing no one to be able to have a wink of sleep. Cave collapsed, and it's pretty terrifying waiting for the next on - HOLY SHIT I THINK THE CEILING JUST MOVED! *screams*. Oh wait... uh, *ahem*. Anyway, the only place worth looking at is the communal dining hall/dorm. That'll be my base of operations from this whole goddamn mess.

EDIT 4: OK, I swear to god that I hit 'save' for the previous edit, then switched the screen to DF... 'A section of the cave has collapsed'. I zoom over, and... it's the communal dining hall/dorm! MY BASE OF OPERATIONS!! !!RAGE!!

Anyway, that was a pretty funny trick noodle. Just, you know, be a little brutal next time.  :P
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 03:15:41 pm by Pan »

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you don't mind, I'll just squeeze you in above oidip.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 78