Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Is this thread dying? THE CORRECT ANSWER: No.

Yes.
No.
Maybe, but I hope not.
Maybe, and I hope it dies.
IT'S ALIVE! HORRAY!
It's dead, but I wish it had continued to thrive.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 78

Author Topic: A "You son of an elf!" production: Ashes to Ashes (Succession fortress)  (Read 91674 times)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

Ugh, can't you just upload it from a different place like you did last time? I'm sorry if I'm being pushy, it's just that I'm naturally impatient.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I REALLY REALLY don't want to savescum, please hurry... :'(
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll have my first update soon.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(I'll be posting a really short update, I stayed up late last night)
1st Granite
I recently have been "elected" overseer of this dump. I wish I could've just stayed in the mountain homes, but no, my father just HAD to have an affair with the princess. Oh well. This fortress, I guess you could say that it's not all bad, and it's quite peaceful.

23rd Granite
The birds are singing...The bees are buzzing...A guy went Stark Raving Mad...WAIT, WHAT?!

"HODLIMS! THE FLYING COWS FROM THE OUTER HOLMETS ARE EATING MY CHILDREN'S TOES!!!!!!! THE ROCKWHALES ARE COMMING!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I just...Why did... :-\ This is everyday for me.

(Like I said, a SHORT update, i'll update more tomorrow)
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

update coming, at the latest 4 o'clock.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here's the rest of spring:

I'm just walking down a hallway when all of sudden I hear five distinct howls! I instantly knew what could only have made those noises...forgotten beasts...worse yet, when I asked the old overseer about it, he simply stared about me, muttered something about five demons, then walked away. Creepy. :o

26th of Slate
"Waah waaaaaah!"

Lor Likotod has given birth to a baby girl! Congrats! FREE CHEESE FOR EVERYONE!

3rd of Felsite

GAH! I HATE RAIN!!! SOMEONE, MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!!

*11th through the 22th of Felsite have been torn out*

23rd of Felsite
Bim Atolcilob has died from thirst...IT'S JUST NOT FAIR! WHY DOES HE GET TO GO TO DWARFHALLA, WHILE I'M STILL STUCK IN THIS ASTIS-FORSAKEN HELL HOLE?! Curse my good luck!!!!!!!!

Here's this season's stats:

Look closely at one of the pictures, you might find out why some of the "pages" were "torn out".
more updates tomorrow!

EDIT: In case your wondering, NO i'm not using runesmith on this save. it had crashed earlier and couldn't be bothered to force quit it.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 09:46:02 pm by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm glad I turned this into a succession fortress, because I am terrible at keeping this place running, hence why it was originally abandoned three(or more) times prior. I'm posting the save early. good luck guys! i'll edit once I upload it.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4799
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 03:55:01 pm by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

So who's turn is it again? I know we previously discussed alternating turns, but I see that Rahn had posted... So I donno if he wants a turn cause he would be first, if not me again. Also I got my high-er speed internet I'm so happy

Spoiler: YAY High Speed :P (click to show/hide)

That is all hehe

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

I am downloading now, I will complete the rest of "The Master's" turn then do my one year, I hope you didn't let the fortress go completely tits up lol

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The fort is fine, I just got frustrated at the mayor for demanding copper...Oh and there was a near-siege too.
Question, why did you start to build a lava pump stack, but then you never finished it, why?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 07:18:10 pm by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

I couldn't finish because it was mid-winter lol, I'm now planning on finishing it, I might have to add another "Level" to the WRF or DOFPS (Devourer of Flaps Per Second(FPS)) lol, And the mayor can go F--- himself I'll build a jail and appoint a CoG if I haven't already. I'd rather have people jailed then beaten to death. And I should really get thos recruits trained more, don't need Hugo coming back to life to do another dramtic scene

EDIT: HOLY FUCK NUGGETS enough turtles lol I'm glad you set them all for temination by McDwarf-alds fast food drive through, And im tempted to atom smash almost all our food, leave the booze but damn soo many plants.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 08:05:45 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hurry, atom smash the eggs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! trust me, you'll thank me later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Running through the hallways, my feet pattered on the laid stone floor as I hurried by fellow dwarves. Merchants have come, almost something like mass hysteria spread around the fortress, people picking up socks and crafts and rushing to the depot. I was almost plowed down my a wide eyed dwarf screaming “TO THE CRAFT SHOP FOR SOME BONE CARVINGS!”. Finally I reached the outdoors, now came the hard part, the previous designers made the ways into the fort series of bottle necks. I managed to weave through dwarves and the snugly placed fortifications, that was until I hit the bottleneck.

Man was it a mess, so many dwarves in a hurry to get something to the depot for trade, that all I could see was arms, legs, and beards all jammed into the small passageway that lead the wide clearing for the depot. Taking a calming breath I tackled the mountain of flesh and cloth, why is it so hard for a broker to do his job?

What seemed like a lifetime I managed to get on the other side of the bodies, life as a dwarf. Walking over to the depot I was glad to see my cousin from the mountain home, Vucar and myself were always close. We both share the desire to trade, so he became a merchant and me a broker.
“Ah Darius, you survived another year here in this death trap? Glad to see you again cos.”
“And I to you Vucar, why would you think I wouldn’t? Haha we have much to discuss. Such as you taking all this junk.” gesturing to the mountain of trade goods that stood eight times a dwarf.
“But Darius, that’s 69564 dwarf bucks of goods, and what you requested is 39466 dwarf bucks.”
“Vucar, this fortress is littered with crap, hell someone forgot a nest box and a damn turtle hatched a freaking hoard of critters. We are still trying to slaughter them all, we wont be short supply of shell that’s for damn sure.”
“Well cousin you have made me a rich dwarf, maybe I can convince the merchants guild to acquire more of your ‘demands’ hehe.” Vucar rubbed his hands together as he gazed at the mountain of riches
“Well Vucar I must depart, It was good seeing you again. Hopefully you will have my ‘demands’ by next autumn.” Vucar smiled and nodded then turned to his merchant team and hollered orders for packing.

Getting back into the fortress was easier then getting out, I began the labourious journey back to my bedroom for relaxation. The bottleneck was now empty and access to the first door was easy, passing through it and walking by the randomly placed floor hatch and into the hallway with a abandoned ballista turned decorative. Stopping at the doors of the fabled “Madhouse” placing a hand on the handle and opening the door, and placing one foot in front of the other staring at the floor. It was rough laid limestone, we have a abundance of it, and it’s everywhere damnit. The hall curves a bit then come the a fork, although the fork leads to the same spot. Taking the left path is faster to my room, originally this was a hospital but now those rooms are now bedrooms, and mine is larger then them all and nicer too. Speaking of my room there it is... But why is my door slightly ajar? Pushing the door open I could she movement in the corner “Who’s there?”
“Ah Darius there you are, I’ve been looking for you.”
“Professor Lloyd?”
Stepping out of the darkness clutching some old journal to his chest like someone wants to steal it, he stopped in the middle of the room
“Darius, I would like you to be the ‘Overseer’ personally I enjoyed this jaunt. But by forces unseen I must hand over this title, you see we aren’t alone.”
“What are you talking about Professor?”
“Oh, nothing. Just have fun as ‘Overseer’ I have a hospital to run.”
With that Professor Lloyd rushed out of the room muttering under his breath, I didn’t really catch any of it. So I’m now ‘Overseer’ *sigh* right on I suppose.

Spoiler: The Bedroom (click to show/hide)

OOC: I have ordered all seeds to be dumped and atom smashed, along with alot of plump helmets and winding spires and body parts and other useless crap I can't of have to hold onto for trade.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 78